Poll

Should a new forum section be created to house all these forum-based games? (Sim houses, etc)

Do it
Don't do it

Author Topic: New Subsection: Forum Meta-Gaming  (Read 14155 times)

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
New Subsection: Forum Meta-Gaming
« on: March 24, 2007, 11:38:50 am »
I've actually made my first poll on the forums. Will wonders never cease?

Anheeeeway. Daxx went ahead and proposed this in another topic, and i'd been considering the thought myself. So how about it - a new section for all these sim houses and whatnot? That way it wouldn't clutter the topics about other games.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: New Subsection: Forum Meta-Gaming
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 12:03:44 pm »
I say yes, but I think it shouldnt only be games, so the name Meta-Game doesnt work that good. Stuff like that thing with Lego someone did in the forum section should be allowed to. Maybe project logs is a good name?
@davidramnero

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 04:21:00 pm »
Projects is a good name.

gec05

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 04:29:21 pm »
So what if it dies off? What are we going to do with it? I think people will eventually have trouble coming up with something original.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 04:32:57 pm »
I think this trend will eventually burn out unless stories will continue with Spore. There isn't that many many at the moment, it just seems like it. The idea can be submitted to Steve and see what he says.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 05:17:57 pm »
I'm not so sure. It took off quite well and now others are wanting a slice of it - the original house seems to be continuing somewhat after it's ending, then we've got the two other houses, celdur's movies, and if i'm not mistaken Hydro said he wanted to do a simcity. If anything i'd say the trend's in the waxing, not the waning.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 05:24:37 pm »
You guys have short memories.

We already tried this when the GSRC thing was up and running and when the Forum Games post count issue was raised.

It was agreed that there are not enough of these games to warrant a separate forum.

Personally I like this idea, we can get these Sim games out of the PC games section because the amount of clutter they cause is annoying. It's like when the Spore forum's first page was all stikied topics. We could also move the RPs out of Forum Games and knock off the post counter down there.

And then maybe you could move the Spore RPs over to this new forum too. That way people who want to play games can just go there instead of searching the whole forum.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 05:28:25 pm »
I'd be down with the Spore Creations/RP seperation.. not sure I can see it happening, but i'd be in favor of it.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 05:50:00 pm »
Mabye a new section dedicated to stories, spore fanfics, RPs, and comics all in one? That might get to cluttered though.
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 05:50:52 pm »
Well it'd have to be a Games and RP section seeing as the Creation Corner is for "creations".

I'll level with you, my agenda for a long time has been simple when it comes to this. I want to get the RPs out of Forum Games so that we can make the posts in Forum Games count for nothing. In such a world the spam of Forum Games would now be free to happen and we can still get the credit we deserve (Our posts counting) for our well thought out RPs since they are obviously not "spammy".

I am more than willing to give up my posts in Forum Games so long as I get to keep my posts in the RPs because I (And others) have invested too much time for them to suddenly count less than my Jack Thompson topic.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 05:52:16 pm »
I was going to suggest something like this, but I couldn't think of a way to say it. That pretty much summarises what would make me happy.

To summarise the summary:

Make new section
Move all RPs (Spore and otherwise) and Sim House variants there
Disable post count in Forum Games
Be happy

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 05:53:51 pm »
Daxx and I agree... I think that should be enough for even the toughest critics out there.

:D

gec05

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 05:55:31 pm »
I agree for a joint section of RP/Meta-Gaming board. This could be useful.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 06:00:03 pm »
I think the comics people make could go there to.
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.

gec05

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 06:03:40 pm »
No, things like comics can stay in everything else, unless an Art & Creativity board is wanted as well.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 06:14:44 pm »
I'll borrow from my old GSRC proposals and see what happens.

So we move the RPs to their own forum. I think there should be a partition between the Spore RPs and the "Normal" RPs because they operate differently and posting habits and different as well. We need to know how SMF handles subdivisions of subforums. I'm talking the kind that appear when you click on a subforum. Let's say you click our new forum, you would see two options that are not on the main page: "Spore RPs" and "Other RPs". Using this method you could further divide the forum without cluttering the main page with options.
I know most providers offer something like this so I don't see why SMF wouldn't have it.

The Sims games and whatnot are all moved into the main "Projects" area and can be played to their heart's content.

A "Proposal and Planning" topic could be made (And stikied) in each respective area for people to promote their ideas. We have something like this already in place over at Forum Games for our RPs and have gotten an RP going via this method.

Forum Games would be stripped of it's posts counting toward the sum total of a member's post count.

That all seems fairly simple... what would you all like to add or suggest? I can write up a proposal for Steve about this... I offer to do it because I've done it a lot in the past and people seemed okay with it.

gec05

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 06:20:57 pm »
A forum bug report & suggestion sticky would be good for starters.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 06:24:41 pm »
Oh you should be posting those things up in site news or sending the Mods or Steve a message.

Actually this topic should be up there too... <_<

Perhaps that should be made clear though.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 07:42:33 pm »
Sorry if the Sim House is annoying people by spawning other projects. It's not like the PC game section was full of life anyway but now that things are happening, people are complaining.

If you got Steve to make a new forum it would probably need to include the RP's both Spore and the others. It could be a storytelling, RP type forum. I also think comics should go there.

He's not going to disable the forum games post count, he already said that earlier. If there is really a desire for this I can also make a suggestion to Steve and a link to this thread. Patman can also send his proposal. It doesn't hurt to ask but the answer could be no.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 07:47:45 pm »
He seems to say no to many things... is it because he really thinks the ideas are bad or is it because he is just too lazy to actually do it?

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 07:49:14 pm »
I'm still going with that lego thing, btw!  I'm working on the new episode...
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 07:51:19 pm »
I don't think it's because the ideas are bad, I think he just knows how he wants his forum to be set up and it doesn't fit with his idea. He keeps things fairly simple but he is always open to suggestions. He may not do them but he'll listen.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 07:54:44 pm »
I think there should be. What's wrong with more sections anywho?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 08:03:07 pm »
Well too many options turns people off when they look at a forum, it's the same thing that happened when you put all of the choices in the Sim Caveman poll. That's why I suggested the subsections of the subforums because it adds special dedicated areas without cluttering the main page.

Anyway, he listens to you (LadyM) and Ovi more than he listens to me or anyone else so slap him upside the head and tell him to change his view of how the forum should be because it's evolved since it's creation.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 08:12:45 pm »
He seems to say no to many things... is it because he really thinks the ideas are bad or is it because he is just too lazy to actually do it?

Wouldn't say lazy so much as busy, and I rarely say that of anyone, since as far as i've seen it's rarely the case. Does seem legit with steve though since this forum and basically the entire site are more or less a hobby or portfolio to support his career - us on the forum are just freeloaders riding his bandwagon, essentially.

I think there should be. What's wrong with more sections anywho?

Only thing I can think of is maybe it'd take more bandwidth, and i'm not certain about that.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 08:15:25 pm »
Perhaps I'm just miffed because my own past experiences have been met with no answer and no action, save for two times.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 09:07:21 pm »
Perhaps I'm just miffed because my own past experiences have been met with no answer and no action, save for two times.

Don't be miffed, we don't always get answers either. I will ask though, I can at least do that.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 09:16:26 pm »
MALT'S PROPOSAL(For reals this time!):

I suggest two new main boards, Community Projects and Community Roleplay. They could be put in Ubergeekdom or Random Encounters. This would keep the main page uncluttered, but at the same time allow for some of the senior boards(PC Games, Spore: CC, Forum Games) to go back to their main purpose.

Community Projects would encompass Sim Houses(and their like) and any other thing that the people come up with. I would say that this forum wouldn't die out, mainly because an entire forum would draw attention from people who wouldn't normally venture into PC games(It's much more enticing to bake a pie when you have a recipe book in front of you).

Community Roleplay would obviously have roleplay. No, it would NOT have a subdivision for Spore and Traditional RP. Optimally, there would be 2 stickies at the top. A General Rules of RP board(How to RP, what not to do, differences between Spore and Trad RP) and a Roleplay Idea topic(similar to the one in Forum Gamers now). In the Rules topic, and possibly in an announcement type thing above the board(If that's possible in SMF), would be a little reminder to put |Spore|, |Trad|, or |OOC| next to their threads.

I also suggest turning Books into Literature, because there are Comics, short stories, etc.

Yeah, Malt was seriously just being constructive.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 09:19:40 pm »

I suggest two new main boards, Community Projects and Community Roleplay. They could be put in Ubergeekdom or Random Encounters. This would keep the main page uncluttered, but at the same time allow for some of the senior boards(PC Games, Spore: CC, Forum Games) to go back to their main purpose.

Community Projects would encompass Sim Houses(and their like) and any other thing that the people come up with. I would say that this forum wouldn't die out, mainly because an entire forum would draw attention from people who wouldn't normally venture into PC games(It's much more enticing to bake a pie when you have a recipe book in front of you).

Community Roleplay would obviously have roleplay. No, it would NOT have a subdivision for Spore and Traditional RP. Optimally, there would be 2 stickies at the top. A General Rules of RP board(How to RP, what not to do, differences between Spore and Trad RP) and a Roleplay Idea topic(similar to the one in Forum Gamers now). In the Rules topic, and possibly in an announcement type thing above the board(If that's possible in SMF), would be a little reminder to put |Spore|, |Trad|, or |OOC| next to their threads.

I also suggest turning Books into Literature, because there are Comics, short stories, etc.

Holy jesus. Yes. This. All of this. It's the perfect solution.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 10:12:48 pm »

Holy jesus. Yes. This. All of this. It's the perfect solution.

QFT

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007, 08:52:54 am »
I was going to suggest something like this, but I couldn't think of a way to say it. That pretty much summarises what would make me happy.

To summarise the summary:

Make new section
Move all RPs (Spore and otherwise) and Sim House variants there
Disable post count in Forum Games
Be happy

I agree with number 3 there especially. But all of those are good. Mostly the last one. And number 3.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 09:53:18 am »
Well if that's what the people like the Traditional RPers are ahead of the game. We've already got our planning topic made and we already have the Story-Based RP rules written up and everyone agrees on them!

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 07:33:15 am »
31 votes for yes, 4 for no. If it stays this way (I.E. majority says yes) then GS is gonna have a mob on his hands if he doesnt do it!

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 08:00:25 am »
Let's not mob the good doctor, just be patient and we'll see what he does.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 08:02:45 am »
And after being patient and he dicides not to, then can we mob him?

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 11:08:21 am »
Yes Mr who ate 9, yes.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 04:17:09 pm »
Righto, Malt and I were talking a while back and we hammered out some details and here is what we came up with.

The Plan
To begin, the TV and Movie sections in Ubergeekdom are combined into one forum. Next two new forums are created and placed in Ubergeekdom, one would be for "Projects" (Sim Games and the like) and the other would be for RPs. Each forum would have an umbrella set of rules and these will be decided by the community at large, separate topic-specific rules can be made by the people who make the topics; this applies to the games more than the RPs.

The forum for the Sim games and things like that will need to have some work done in the area of rules and tutorials. The people who are involved in them could make a sort of task force and write up some good literature for people. The games can be moved to the new forum and a planning topic could be created.

The RP forums are more or less set, things would just need to be compiled from different parts of the forum. There are a few sets of rules that are already written up so there are some choices to be made there. There is already a lovely "How to RP" guide written up (Although it seems tailored toward the Spore RPs) so we can move that in. There is a established thread for planning in forum games so that would be moved, perhaps another could be made for Spore RPs though. Like Malt said, make two stickies for the two different types of RP and place their respective rules and whatnot in them. And the last, and most difficult part would be to move the RPs to the new forum.

All in all, with a little teamwork, this could be done very easily in an hour or so.

Note there was no mention of removing the post count from Forum Games. That's another battle and if you paper clip that issue onto this proposal Steve will reject it right away.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 05:28:41 pm »
Just to let you know, I have already written Steve about the idea of another Storytelling/RP forum a week ago. He is considering it. I linked him to this thread so he could read the comments. I think it's a good idea so I'll continue to support it.

The ideas presented are all good but it may end up being something a little more simple.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 05:42:05 pm »
Oh good, I was just going to send you a PM about this.

That last bit is a little unsettling though... and it actually makes me mad. You tell Steve not to go and do what he thinks is best without consulting us first, he is too disconnected to make a good decision.

This plan is hardly complex and most, if not all of the people that saw it liked it.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2007, 02:51:40 am »
I would hardly call this complex, not like we're asking for a digital rendition of the eiffel tower, just another subsection. We'll see what we get though, i'd be grateful for anythin' really.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 06:29:12 am »
I never said it was complex, but there is talk of wanting to merge forums, (probably not going to happen) and creating two new ones in the gaming section. We will be lucky to get one forum for Stories/RP.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 07:00:23 am »
I voted yes, but something I never understod was why didn't the Sim-house and its kin get put in to Forum Games? There was interaction from the group and it would fall in to the chaotic bumping without pushing all other topics off the screen in other areas.

-Lego

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2007, 07:04:03 am »
I put it in PC games because it's not really a game, it's a story and all they had to do was vote people out. Since the Sims is a PC game, it made sense to put it there. The others just followed suit. Mini World is in forum games because it's not made with a PC game.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2007, 04:40:52 pm »
But mini world is much like these except its a real life game. In short Sims is a Toy Game and Legos is a Game Toy :P

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2007, 04:45:27 pm »
And LEGOs have their own box, do they not?

I mean, imagine a world where LEGO and K'NEX share the same box... where is your God now?

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 04:53:36 pm »

I mean, imagine a world where LEGO and K'NEX share the same box... where is your God now?

I have a dream! A dream where little Lincoln Logs and little Bionicles can live together in peace!

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 05:11:31 pm »

I think that box is in my attic somewhere, and I think a few Transformers have joined them for good measure.

But yeah, a new forum is a good idea
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2007, 05:16:42 pm »
Oh no there are two threads out of fifty on the first page that share a common theme

edit: guys please vote should this thread evolve a spike or swim faster or [comedy option]
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2007, 08:06:24 pm »
I liked those Lincoln logs.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2007, 08:39:33 pm »
Oh no there are two threads out of fifty on the first page that share a common theme

edit: guys please vote should this thread evolve a spike or swim faster or [comedy option]

Actually, 15 of the top 17 threads in this forum are meta-games, including the stickied ones.

These are not threads containing PC game discussion, plain and simple. They should be moved.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2007, 08:40:55 pm »
It gives me a reason to come to PC games...

Why are you guys so hostile?  All of them, if they employ new ideas, are good.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Fatalfist

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2007, 08:43:20 pm »
"Should a new forum section be created to house all these forum-based games? (Sim houses, etc)"
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?PHPSESSID=9825774690bb4132c3015e7eaddf17a9&board=14.0

gec05

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2007, 09:33:46 pm »
No, we've talked a lot about the difference between games that are constructive and meaningful from games that are random and spammy. Forum games are not the answer were looking for.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2007, 09:34:26 pm »
As a compliment to that last post, I'd like to direct Master Fat to the previous three pages of this topic.

gec05

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2007, 09:38:36 pm »
I think the name your looking for is Master Fatal.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2007, 09:46:47 pm »
No no, once a person has been named by Pat that name will stick until they are dead or banned.

gec05

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2007, 09:53:52 pm »
 ::)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2007, 09:56:32 pm »
It's true, go back and look at my history.

When I name someone I give them a prefix of Mr, Mrs, or Ms regardless of gender and then some variation of their username... or not. Sometimes they just get named whatever, nine times out of ten someone else ends up calling them that too.

;D

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2007, 10:13:24 pm »
There seem to have been not enough Typos on this site to have me widely known as Cobar as seems to happen on other sites I have been apart of.

gec05

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2007, 10:16:00 pm »
Have they called you Crowbar? :D

Ok, enough with the offtopic. :(

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2007, 10:17:18 pm »
Indeed, keep pushing for the new forum! We are close! I can feel it!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2007, 10:21:09 pm »
No Cobar is just popular mis-spelling.

But more on topic I honestly wouldn't mind this meta-gaming to get its own thread if only to clear up this one which is getting more and more cluttered with people starting up there own. It's like that trend of forum games where people would spore creatures with voting on how it evolved. Soon you end up with like 20 species being made.

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2007, 12:02:08 am »
i almost made a thread about this today, good thing i didn't. ~_^

i think that yes, these forum games should be moved to: the forum games forum.
no need to make a new forum for them. but they are cluttering up the PC games forum. why people didn't post them to the forum games forum in the first place shall ever remain an enigma.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2007, 12:32:13 am »
If we move them, they just clutter up forum games.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2007, 02:06:01 am »
why people didn't post them to the forum games forum in the first place shall ever remain an enigma.
LadyM misplaced hers in PC games setting the trend.

If we move them, they just clutter up forum games.
Clutter up forum games?

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2007, 02:07:28 am »
I'd be happy to dump all the crap in PC Games into Forum Games as a lesser alternative to Pat's suggestion. It's where they should have been placed in the first place.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2007, 02:16:04 am »
I'd be happy to dump all the crap in PC Games into Forum Games as a lesser alternative to Pat's suggestion. It's where they should have been placed in the first place.

But they are using PC games to do it....

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2007, 05:03:21 am »
I did not misplace my story, it uses a PC game to tell the story which is now so nicely called crap. PC game section wasn't even busy until the Sim game started, there was only a few posts a day and it only has 19 pages over a 2 year period. It's not that big a deal. If they get moved the PC section will go back to being a little used forum. I've written Steve twice about a new section but I'm not doing it anymore, not after what happened last night. It doesn't matter to me anymore. He can do what he wants and unless he tells me otherwise, my story stays here.

If you want to go back further, no one complained about Samog using the PC section to do his dwarf story. That's actually what gave me the idea to start mine.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 05:43:36 am by LadyM »

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2007, 06:10:12 am »
Sorry, I didn't mean crap as in bad (though I reserve judgement on some of those threads), I meant it as in detritus.

To be fair, I'll revise what I said - it's not that they were necessarily placed incorrectly in the first place, but now they've outgrown the confines of the PC games section. It's like the creations used to be in the Spore General forum before it was split off - the first couple didn't really make a difference but after there were loads it started to become cluttered.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 12:08:34 pm by Daxx »

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2007, 08:41:04 am »
Why can't we simply use Pat's earlier suggestion? It works perfectly fine. I don't understand why we can have a separate board for Spore creations, but not for this other growing epidemic. It simply makes sense, it wouldn't clutter the board, it would send PC games, Forum Games, and CC back to their original purpose. I simply don't see how it could get any simpler.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2007, 09:57:01 am »
Agreed, Malt. That's like twice in two days!

Obviously the point of a PC Game forum is to discuss PC games. These meta-games may be made using PC games, but they aren't PC games. Whether or not this forum gets used is irrelevant, because now it is being used for the wrong threads. This is a simple problem with an easy solution, and it shouldn't take 5 pages of discussion to realize that.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2007, 07:48:27 am »
Okay, at last count there were at least 21 threads in PC games and over 36 (I stopped counting after a while) in forum games that are eligible to be placed into a hypothetical new subsection.

That's a lot of threads. And there are only going to be more and more of therm.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2007, 08:38:08 am »
And the poll is pretty clear too: 52 people for, 10 against.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2007, 09:16:22 am »
What, do we need to get the whole site to vote or something?.... Spread the word! :D ;)

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2007, 10:39:51 am »
How big of a majority do we need for something to happen here? Everyone agrees that the forums are cluttered with these threads that have no correct place. Just make a new forum. It can't take THAT long.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2007, 11:09:09 am »
PLEASE GOD YES

Or people could just realize that nobody cares about their game, because there are already 20 others that nobody cares about either.

Sorry to be rude, but right before the second houses opened, this page exploded with these games and it really pissed me off that I couldn't find anything relevant to actual PC games.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2007, 12:24:39 pm »
and, most of them are THE SAME. no offence, but sim higlands and sim desertdweller. c'mon, its all the same! please think of something original AND try to use an other game than the sims.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2007, 12:58:09 pm »
By the way I have not voted in this poll yet.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2007, 07:31:47 pm »
it's ok i haven't voted yet either

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2007, 02:23:15 pm »
Perhaps this should be stickied until steve himself comes to have his say?

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2007, 02:42:11 pm »
We are already in contact with Steve, he is aware of the the request. Give it time.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2007, 04:22:01 pm »
PLEASE GOD YES

Or people could just realize that nobody cares about their game, because there are already 20 others that nobody cares about either.

Sorry to be rude, but right before the second houses opened, this page exploded with these games and it really pissed me off that I couldn't find anything relevant to actual PC games.
I agree. the only one I'm fallowing is the 'official' Sims House.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2007, 04:52:58 pm »
PLEASE GOD YES

I agree. the only one I'm fallowing is the 'official' Sims House.

That's only because our a ghost in it. You should read the other sim caveman like ones they are good.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2007, 04:57:52 pm »
well, I followed your caveman one for a while but I lost interest after you totally failed to turn them all into religious maniacs.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2007, 05:15:04 pm »
I would have followed yours, hydro, but you updated it like 5 times a day and there wasn't a thread where I could see just the story. I would have had to go through 10 pages of comments to see an episode.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2007, 05:18:50 pm »
I would have followed yours, hydro, but you updated it like 5 times a day and there wasn't a thread where I could see just the story. I would have had to go through 10 pages of comments to see an episode.

Wait you are forgetting the archives thread, you might be an episode behind, but its the whole story without the comments
Good Grief!

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2007, 05:19:16 pm »
He has an archive thread with nothing but story in it.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2007, 05:50:44 pm »

1st of all i have slow down a lot. Now i do not update moe then 2 times a day. More recently its been one a day.

2nd i have an archive page where you can just read the story without comments.

Sim Caveman/Rome - Archives
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=8822.0

You guys should read the archives and catch up.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2007, 08:00:33 am »
We are already in contact with Steve, he is aware of the the request. Give it time.

Eh, I didn't mean "until he shows up and does it", I meant more like comes in this topic to speak about what he's going to do or such.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2007, 08:05:18 am »
I meant more like comes in this topic to speak about what he's going to do or such.

My intuition tells me that that was not part of the plan.