Author Topic: SiN Episodes to be released through Steam  (Read 1496 times)

Offline UndeadScottsman

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
SiN Episodes to be released through Steam
« on: July 10, 2005, 05:37:26 am »
You've probably heard but recently Ritual Entertainment (SiN, Heavy Metal: FAKK 2, Star Trek: Elite Force 2), has announced that they're going to be releasing a new SiN game episodicly through Valve Software's Steam service.  This marks the first big name developer besides Valve to use the Steam service.  (Flying Lab Software, who are making an MMORPG called Pirates of the Burning Sea, is the only other announced company.)  The gameis also the fourth game to have Valve's source engine be licensed for it.

The current plan is for six hour long episodes to be released at around 20 bucks a pop every three to four months. (Which if it turns out to be an accurate time estimate, would be an extremly good value for me, as I beat Half-Life 2 in 11 hours which was 50 bucks.  18 hours for 60 would be nice).

For those of you who are a littel in the dark, SiN was an FPS based on the Quake II engine that was released shortly before Half-Life.  While a good FPS, it was rushed out to beat Half-Life and had numerous bugs and loading issues, and though these issues were eventually fixed, the game was ultimately smothered by Half-Life.

Anywho, I didn't see this mentioned so I figured I would bring it up.  Hopefully this doesn't degenerate into complaints about Steam and how episodic content is overcharging. :D

Offline BobFromReboot

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: SiN Episodes to be released through Steam
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 10:40:21 am »
I wonder if they are going to have a multiplayer part too.