Author Topic: A Voice in the Void...  (Read 14789 times)

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
Re: A Voice in the Void...
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 12:10:19 pm »
On Refuge

Four Jang emerged from other corridors and placed themselves around the aliens. The initial Jang looked at them and gave them a smile.

"It seems one of our administrators has decided to conduct a meeting with you. These four fine Jang will bring you to her. I hope all of you have a fine day, we here hope to see you all again!"

The four Jang led the two Has'ri to an office where a single Jang stood behind a large table. There were two chairs on the other side with small ladders to let them get to level with the huge Jang on the other side. She waited until both became seated.

"Good day, gentlemen. I assume you are the Has'ri that sent us a previous communication about something called "Catalyst"? In any case I have to ask you for your names and your status within your respective government. Then I would like to know where or who you got the idea from that we know anything about this "Catalyst"."

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2007, 12:20:57 pm »
"I am George the Wise, Adviser to the Pure Gabriel. And this is Captain Peter the Ready. Unfortueately, he is mute, having his tounge cut out during torture.

As for how we know, there are two ways we knew. The first was an old tale of Stachildren, demigods, if you will, locking an ancient evil below a planet. But that didn't fit in with the Starchildren tales we knew. They had left our plane long ago.

The second way is how we found you. Our only proper ship at the time, the Eye of the Gods, had part of the Starchildren left in it. It settled in a newborne, spouting gibberish apart from several words.  When one which sounded like it made sence but didn't, we searched archives for the word. We asked our friends, the Tal'Po for more information about the word. The word was Jang, we found you.

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 12:40:16 pm »
On Refuge

"I... see. Well my distinguished guests, I do not know what I can tell you. I can assure you I will contact my superiors immiediatly with this information. We shall research these claims and get back to you as soon as possible. Until we do you are to be treated as honored guests among us."

She looked at the guards outside and spoke in quick Babblish before turning back to George and Peter.

"These Jang will lead you to a rest room where you should be comfortable. There will be food and drink provided there as well. I will contact you as soon as I have any information."

The Jang waited until the two Has'ri were out of the room and began transmitting to the nearest Mass...

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 12:45:20 pm »
George was annoyed. Not only was he cooped up in a room, but with a mute as well. So he complained. "Absoloutely no information about our predicament. 20 Has'ri lost, and they don't care. We have no way of contacting home." Then, a brainwave hit him. "Let's see if they have any buildings dedicated to their history." So they made their way to the front desk, seeing if they could uncover any light on the subject.

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 01:01:44 pm »
On Refuge

The guards provided a small abridged history of the Jang that was displayed in their room's viewscreen. It was a fairly dull piece concerning a boring species' journey from carnivorous masters of their world to a massive beaurocracy that currently spanned three planets, all within the same solar system. The history mentioned no conflict with alien species. It stated that they had only first gone into space fifty years ago, then had only discovered faster than light travel ten years prior. It contained little inner conflicts but beyond that nothing stuck out.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 01:05:39 pm »
"Well, apart from being like a computer game machinia, like the ones you get of Our Galaxy, that good MMO, that was boring" thout George aloud.

"There has to be more. Time for a little sneeking, me thinks."

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 03:43:51 pm »
Aboard the scout ship Rak'tol.

Shipman Tuthok: "Third Gortus! A Has'ri ship is sending out a distress pattern!"

Third Gortus Mal: "Ah, our new allies. Already finding ways to be bothersome I don't doubt. Are there any of their own ships closer than us?"

Shipman Tuthok: "Afraid not. According to the treaty we are required to transmit a response and move to their position immediately."

Third Gortus Mal: "Then begin moving towards their position at 75% energy. Transmitter!"

A shipman turns around in his seat.

Shipman Trak: "Yes, Third Gortus?"

Third Gortus Mal: "Send the Has'ri ship in distress a transmission. Tell them...."

//Has'ri vessel. We are moving to your position in accordance with the Alliance of Honor guidelines. Please respond regarding how we may specifically be of assistance. Transmission Complete.//

A few hours later, the scout ship Rak'tol moves into the region.

Shipman Tuthok: "Uh, Third Gortus. There's no ship."

Third Gortus Mal: "Then what is transmitting!?"

Shipman Tuthok rapidly pressed a series of images on the panel before him.

Shipman Tuthok: "It's some sort of metallic substance, i think, and...wait! It's begun to move!"

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 03:49:30 pm »
Next to the scout ship Rak'tol

The shard of Catalyst flew towards scout ship. The larger vessel began to make some maneuvers, but before it could pull away the shard blew itself up into a thousand tiny pieces, all soaring at the alien hull. Most made it to the vessel and passed through the defences of the ship as if they weren't there. Once they made contact with the hull they passed into it as if it were liquid.

Then the ship was alone as Catalyst began to flow through the ship and make its own inanimate hull into a second skin...

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 03:57:27 pm »
The K'jal managed to hear the Rak'tol's distress call.  They silently moved their cloaked ship within a parsec of the piece of metal, little knowing that their passiveness may have saved their lives...
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2007, 03:58:28 pm »
Aboard the skout ship Rak'tol.

Third Gortus Mal went flying into the wall, making an ominously loud snap. Blood began to seep out of his mouth and nose. He was dead.

Fourth Gortus Trop (Terrified): "What the hell was that!?"

Shipman Tuthok: "Whatever was out there just exploded and made contact with the ship!"

Fourth Gortus Trop: "Exploded? Was it a mine!?"

Shipman Tuthok (Terrified): "Uh...no. it is some sort of metallic liquid. Fourth Gortus, it's surrounded us!"

Fourth Gortus Trop: "Surrounded us!? How!?"

Shipman Tuthok: "It's covered the ship! We can't detect anything with the spire, or see anything through the viewer!"

Fourth Gortus Trop (Shaken): "May Harput help us..."

The lights went out.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 04:06:17 pm »
//The captain, an old man who could remember the false god looked out the portholes, and yelled frantically

THE GOD IS BACK!  THE GOD IS BACK!  OH WOE IS US!  K'AEA DIDN"T DESTROY HIM AT ALL!

after catching a glimpse of one of the Catalyst drones
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:57:07 pm by Kcronos »
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 04:08:52 pm »
(OOC: the shard was only a foot and a half long  :P)

Inside the scout ship Rak'tol

Catalyst moved within the ship and the hull was now part of it completely. The outside of the ship looked perfectly normal now as if nothing at all had occurred. The computer had bowed to its new master quickly and was absorbed into Catalyst's consciousness. After the initial vehicle it had consumed it had grown much stronger and faster. No longer was it inhibited by the main consciouness being trapped away in time.

Catalyst used the first few nanoseconds to peruse the information on the scout ships databanks. It was pleased that this vessel had more up to date information. Not only did it mention several large species, it had the location of several worlds on it where Catalyst could truly be reborn. It was content for a moment. Then it turned its attention to the crew inside of it while simultaneously rewiring the ship from the inside out.

The crew controls were locked out as it stopped all input devices. The lights were turned back on and drones began to ripple through the floors and ceilings and surround the crew of the alien vessel. They were standard drones like on the other captured vessel. Two were killed in the first few moments by evisceration and atomization before they stopped their progress.

We are Catalyst. Rejoice for we have liberated you from your mundane lives! Those of you who resist shall join your fellow men in death. Those who obey us shall exist for a time, as least as long as can be expected from inferior organics. Your next few moments depend on what you can tell me...

Walls rose up inbetween the crew members, seperating them from each other in small cells without any openings. Liquid metal chairs rose from the floor and trapped them in manicles. Drones looked deep into their eyes and shoved pain pads deep into their chests. Catalyst reveled in their screams as it began to ask them questions on anything and everything they knew...

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 04:27:44 pm »
Aboard the scout ship Rak'tol.

Fourth Gortus Trop: "No..! Don't!..."

His piercing shriek rattled around his small chamber.

Fourth Gortus Trop (In Agony): "What do you want from me!?"

"Where is the greatest of worlds?" An eerily calm voice said.

Fourth Gortus Trop (Through Screams of Pain): "Greatest of..!? What are you...talking...about?"

The calm voice repeated the question and the pain intensified.

Fourth Gortus Trop: "Stop...no! Please stop! *fit of screams* "The...greatest...is..Wexxians! Stop...just stop! I told you....they...seem strongest. Gah!"

Blood began to spurt from his mouth as his eyes rolled back into his skull.

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2007, 04:39:20 pm »
Inside the scout ship Rak'tol

It let the pain of its new slaves go out and let them drift into unconsciouness. It would keep them alive for a time. The minute when they ceased to become useful was the minute things would become interesting...

Catalyst had rewired most of the primitive organic's systems and had made it work better than ever before. Everything was working well and once a suitable planet had been found it could expand its-

Its thoughts were interrupted as the newly enhanced sensors picked up a cloaked ship off its bow. Catalyst smiled to itself at the prospect of more fun. The engines glowed earily as suddenly the scout ship dissapeared from normal space.

A hole in real space opened directly behind the cloaked alien vessel as Catalyst slammed its new body against the opponent. The initial impact tore holes inside both ships and ripped fragments of both hulls into space. The slaves within the scout ship were safe, unconscious in their cells. Then pieces of liquid metal from the scout ship lashed out against the other alien vessel and Catalyst flowed into it...

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2007, 04:42:10 pm »
Leaving the Jang Observation Post above Vii

Fur'Nack'Thrown led Axon into one of the post's shuttles and closed the door. All around them in the slim, sleek shuttle lights came on and systems turned on. Fur'Nack'Thrown made some subvocalizations and the ship began to move out and slipped into Unreal Space and then went faster than light.

Fur'Nack'Thrown looked at his guest and waved one of his arms in the air. A single chair came up from the smooth ground to accomadate the alien. The Jang had never developed any need for them for them to be standard in any of their ships.

"I am very sorry the way we had to meet Lord Axon. If I could I would have done things over official channels, but that is not the way of my people..." He sighed and looked at the Wexxian. "Believe me when I say that I admire your people. I have studied them for quite a sizeable chunk of my life... But forgive me, I have been rude. You must want... No, you need to know what you are getting into. Please, let me explain what is going on..."

Fur'Nack'Thrown tells Axon who is people really are, about their culture, how they deal with alien species, the Masses, and the War with the Catalyst. He is deliberately vague on the subject of the cloaking/phasing technology that his species possesses but he explains to Axon he would not be able to explain that without getting into a far worse position.

"... And now we are heading to Triumph, the first Mass ever, the one that imprisoned the Catalyst to talk to all Jang in a Debate. It will be decided there whether you will be allowed to help us, or to go ahead with our own plans..." Fur'Nack'Thrown was silent for a moment. "Is there anything else you need to know?"

Axon tried to make head and tails of the information.

Axon: “So, there is a problem with an ancient, evil, half-ascended species of homicidal mechanical maniacs. And you want ME to help you… ok, how exactly?”