Author Topic: A Voice in the Void...  (Read 14804 times)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
Re: A Voice in the Void...
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 12:33:33 pm »
Using up it's last stores of energy, it wiped it's memory banks and sent them fluttering through the cosmos. Unseen and unheard, it returned to it's point of origin. A young child was chosen as a direct link to the ship's ancient hardware. He was named David the Starchosen. But he spoke crypticly most of the time. But he said many things of great importance.

One was "Warn others"

Another was "Catalyst"

The final one was "Dig deeper"

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 12:47:49 pm »
Catalyst noted the entity's escape attempt and let it be. Its true enemies were the organics and their chaotic ways. It could deal with troublesome non-organics after the universe was purged of life.

What do you say my fine servants? Will you obey me and continue to live? Or will you try to resist and let yourselves die in vain? The choice is all up to you... Including whether our next stop is your home planet... Or perhaps one of your enemies? We do not care as long as we grow.

While Catalyst was speaking the ship continued to grow from the chains into an unrecognizable lump...

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 12:51:51 pm »
We shall...obey. We have no enemies. We have no friends. Please spare our planet. We are young. We could add nothing to to your plan.

The thoughts of the dying sounded like ice on cold steel.

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 07:36:20 am »
The ship continued to change as the raw material was brought in to increase its mass and make more drones. The room the aliens found themselves in changed as well and became segmented as they were quickly seperated from each other and put into tiny cubes with no exit. Liquid metal folded itself into the form of a rack and forced their frames against it with metal restraints. Then all the light went out in their cubes and they were alone in the dark. All save one...

In Aaron's room the light persisted and a single drone head flowed through and hovered before his face.

Hello, Aaron. We have a task for you now. We listened to you when we first became one with this vessel. You are intelligent and capable. We know that if this happened again you would not make the same mistakes as you did before.

A holographic image of the sector of the galaxy they were in appeared before Aaron's head. Several star systems were highlighted with red. He recognized one of these systems to be his own homeworld.

Your task now Aaron is to decide where we shall go. All of these systems highlighted have intelligent life that we've been able to ascertain through transmissions. You will be the one to decide where we shall go. Decide now.

(OOC: If he does know of any inhabited systems by name or species he can try to use them directly.)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 10:14:26 am »
What? Aaron thought. Sure he was good with computers, but he had barely done any research into Astrography. He choose one he hoped would have a more advanced race, one that would be able to hold back the Catalyst, even for a couple of days. But still, he had no idea what he choose.

On Emerald

"Sir I may have found something" George the Wise shouted as he blasted through the chamber doors.

Gabriel looked  up. Barely a week into being Emperor and already he was having problems. "What is it George?"

"Sir, in one of the tales of the Starchildren, it says of an evil entity, old as time or the galaxy itself, the stories get a bit garbled there. But the Starchildren asked the gods to lock it beneath a dead planet, so it was trapped. It was called the Catalyst."

"The gods?"

"Well, they could have used superior technology, but that is not important. If we could get a more advanced race to help us, we might lock him away again."

"But how, all we know of is the Tal'po, and the advanced races are locked in combat, or are ending a war, or something. It is possible that the Starchildren locked it away before they asended. So it is possible we will need an assended race to help. And I don't see how we could contact such a being."

"It is worth a try sir"

"Fine, see if the Tal'Po no of anymore contacts. Tell them the story, and what they should do."

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 10:51:31 am »
David the Starchosen decide to grace the people of Emerald with another word, "Jang".

The top bioastrographers started on finding more about the 'Jang'.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 12:40:41 pm »
(OOC: Looks like I found this thread just in time, eh?  ;))

On a sentry ship orbiting Tal, called Ta'prat.

Shipman Cron: "Fourth Gortus, we've just received a transmission from a species called the Has'ri."

Fourth Gortus Than: "It's no surprise, considering all of the new races we have encountered as of late."

Shipman Cron: "Yes, but this transmission isn't coming from the wormhole. It's coming through normal space."

Fourth Gortus Than: "Transfer it to the audio compartment."

Shipman Cron: "Yes, Fourth Gortus."

//This is the Has'ri. Tal'po people, do you know of any ascended races? We have a situtation that we need help with. Any knowlege would be helpful. Has'ri out.//

Shipman Cron: "Ascended races; sir what are those?"

Fourth Gortus Than: "I'm not quite sure yet myself. We received a communicae recently reguarding some intelligence about the new races...if i recall....that's it!"

Than walked over to his desk and picked up and information pad.

Fourth Gortus Than: "Look here."

Quote from: The Information Pad
The K'jal seem to worship some enlightened being, with great technological capabilities. Information on this subject should be further explored at any juncture.

Shipman Cron: "This seems promising."

Fourth Gortus Than: "Good. send a transmission about the K'jal, and their radio frequency, so that they may be contacted."

Shipman Cron: "Yes, Fourth Gortus."

//Has'r, you may find this information useful. If you require further assistance do not hesitate to inquire. Information//

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 01:15:20 pm »
George was up late into the hours of the morning, just looking at different peaces of information. The K'jal seemed to have the same idea about higher beings being holy, apart from the Has'ri saying the Starchildren were just higher beings. George prepared a vid-message for the K'jal and sent it towards the planet of these beings on a frieghter. Another vid-message was prepared for the Jang, and sent it toward, accourding to databases, where the bulk of them were.

He was just about to pack up when he was summoned to Ruby. One Transmat ride later, the Wise was at the Exodus, codename for the dig. His eyes lit up literaly when he heard more Eyes of the Gods, or Skimmers, could be made.   

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 06:52:46 am »
On the Catalyst Vessel

In the cells of the aliens, each one was visited by Catalyst drones. Confined and secured they were unable to do anything as each drone forcefully placed pieces of metal and circuitry within their skulls. Pain and misery lanced throughout their bodies as each one began to scream in torture, screaming out for mates, friends, and families as they thought their deaths were upon them. The pain did not stop however, their own minds wouldn't let them slip into sweet unconsciousness and the pain only grew worse. Their brains were on fire and nothing was left but the electricity dancing in their minds.

After what seemed like a lifetime for the crew the pain stopped and Catalyst addressed them.

Thank you my servants. I am always curious to see how frail biologicals deal with pain. Do not worry, the pain will visit you all again soon. If you serve me well one day I will allow you all to be free of it. Now, I want all of you to tell me anything and everything you know. I am inside your heads now. Lying will bring more pain and I will not allow you to stop feeling it. Let us begin...

By now outside the vessel the massive chains were completely gone. Without a sound the massive bulk of the ship split apart into dozens of larger parts, each one a new vessel that looked like massive shards of metal etched with lighting. Unknown to the alien crew they were now seperated as each ship slipped into the darkness and into the shadow of hyperspace...

In the Void

The single shard emitting its distress signal stopped for a moment. Then it resumed, but changed immensely. Now it shouted out with the voices of the Has'ri crew, shouting out in the heavens for someone to help them. There was no mention of Catalyst in their voice, only of fear. The loop ended each time with an automated message that gave the location of the shard...

On Refuge

In the main administration complex of Refuge, a young Jang called Hart'Yu'Some received a message from the Has'ri. It was a request for information on the Catalyst. When the administrator saw this his breath stopped for a moment as his head realed. How would they know about the Catalyst? It was trapped, and it would be for the next few decades... Perhaps they found some sort of relic?

Whatever the case he did not respond immiediatly and sent on the message to the nearest Mass. Hopefully the message meant nothing...

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 11:27:20 am »
Leaving the Jang Observation Post above Vii

Fur'Nack'Thrown led Axon into one of the post's shuttles and closed the door. All around them in the slim, sleek shuttle lights came on and systems turned on. Fur'Nack'Thrown made some subvocalizations and the ship began to move out and slipped into Unreal Space and then went faster than light.

Fur'Nack'Thrown looked at his guest and waved one of his arms in the air. A single chair came up from the smooth ground to accomadate the alien. The Jang had never developed any need for them for them to be standard in any of their ships.

"I am very sorry the way we had to meet Lord Axon. If I could I would have done things over official channels, but that is not the way of my people..." He sighed and looked at the Wexxian. "Believe me when I say that I admire your people. I have studied them for quite a sizeable chunk of my life... But forgive me, I have been rude. You must want... No, you need to know what you are getting into. Please, let me explain what is going on..."

Fur'Nack'Thrown tells Axon who is people really are, about their culture, how they deal with alien species, the Masses, and the War with the Catalyst. He is deliberately vague on the subject of the cloaking/phasing technology that his species possesses but he explains to Axon he would not be able to explain that without getting into a far worse position.

"... And now we are heading to Triumph, the first Mass ever, the one that imprisoned the Catalyst to talk to all Jang in a Debate. It will be decided there whether you will be allowed to help us, or to go ahead with our own plans..." Fur'Nack'Thrown was silent for a moment. "Is there anything else you need to know?"

(OOC: What is written in the Jang thread is basically what he told you, save for the cloaking/phasing stuff and details on what Unreal Space is.)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 11:42:54 am »
After 10 hours of seaching, George found one reference to the Jung. A planet called Refuge. He thought it was time to show someone their habit of turning up uninvited...

George took one of the new Shuttles, captained by Peter the Ready, to Refuge. Even without FTL, it only took a number of days. Using bluffs and fast speeds, the Shuttle landed in a small clearing, near to what seeped like the capital city.

It was awe which was the emotion that they first thought. The cretures were at least twise the size of them. They made for the centre of the city, where they hoped to find someone to help them.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:58:01 am by Haseri »

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 11:53:56 am »
On Refuge

At the main administration office two aliens strode into the front of the building. A single Jang walked out slowly to meet them, bowing.

"Welcome visitors! Welcome to Refuge, one of the humble worlds of the Jang. What is it that we can do for you? Are you gentlemen interested in trade or any services we provide here?"

OOC: Haseri, can you remove your OOC post as well? Thanks

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 11:57:08 am »
"Come in pease. And we come with grave news. The Catalyst is escaping." The Has'ri had to fly constantly to keep eye contact. With one pair of it's eyes.

Offline Thargor

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Midnight Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 12:00:32 pm »
On Refuge

The Jang remained quiet and his face was clear of emotion. "I am sorry, I must not be entirely familiar with your language. What does "catalyst" mean in your tongue? I am not clear on what you actually mean. If you wish I could contact an administrator to help you with any problems you are having..."

The Jang touched a panel on the wall and typed out a quick message in Babblish to the administrative rooms. It was just a brief sentence describing the aliens and the mention of Catalyst...

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 12:02:57 pm »
What I mean is, that an evil thing living below a plane has awoken, which we understand you locked up."