Author Topic: Constellations from your Homeworld  (Read 5623 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Constellations from your Homeworld
« on: March 18, 2007, 03:25:12 am »

While you can see your home star, moon or even the planet your orbiting do you think you can see other planet in your own solar system in the sky at night? Also the stars you see at night could you visit them? For instance could you make your own constellation chart from your home planet and then some day visit say the stars in the "Willosaur" constellation system you named in past stages? Also can you see other things from the planet surface such as comets, meteors, or even the galaxy itself in the same way we can see the Milky May in the sky of Earth?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:27:16 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Re: Constellations from your Homeworld
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 03:30:51 am »
Theres no doubt, and you can take screen shots in the game. So take screen shots of your stars and name the constelations your self.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 03:32:51 am »
Yes but i mean is will the stars you see in the sky be the same stars that are out there once you travel into space. or are they just fake stars to fill the sky for the night effect?

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 03:38:07 am »
Well if that planet in the background disapears when u go into space ill be very suprised.

But yes. I bet its populated with stars you can visit.

Offline Lu Yan

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • That's a nice spear! Do you use it to Fish?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 05:03:09 am »
I really hope the night sky is as Dynamic as the rest of the planet; it just would be bland without it. One of the first things I will do in Creature stage as night falls is gaze up at the stars. Wouldn't it be awesome to see a supernova explode lightyears away, or a new star born?

Also, it would be awesome if there were telescopes in Civ stage that you could use to look at the other worlds in your system and gaze up at the stars. Probably not though.

As for drawing constellations, my guess is its left up to your imagination and memory.

Offline Zycke

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The time is upon us!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 05:36:35 am »
I really hope the night sky is as Dynamic as the rest of the planet; it just would be bland without it. One of the first things I will do in Creature stage as night falls is gaze up at the stars. Wouldn't it be awesome to see a supernova explode lightyears away, or a new star born?

Also, it would be awesome if there were telescopes in Civ stage that you could use to look at the other worlds in your system and gaze up at the stars. Probably not though.

As for drawing constellations, my guess is its left up to your imagination and memory.

It would be rather cool, you're in civ or space stage and in the bottom corner where the information appears it says "a new star has been born" then you could go and visit that new star..or something like that!  :)
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Zycke

Whey!! Go My Sporlings!! Go!

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 06:24:02 am »
Then people could post the night sky and constallations with their creature. Neat-O

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 07:33:10 am »
haha, for some reason, why is it cooler looking at the stars in Spore then it is in Real Life?
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 07:35:12 am »
It's the same way in World of Warcraft  ;)

Myabe it has something to do with the fact that b/c of light pollution we see relatively few stars  :-\

Offline Zycke

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The time is upon us!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 07:37:01 am »
It's the same way in World of Warcraft  ;)

Myabe it has something to do with the fact that b/c of light pollution we see relatively few stars  :-\

or due to the fact that there's a bigger glowing mass of a planet, making the sky too bright at night (if we understand what i mean) to see the stars
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Zycke

Whey!! Go My Sporlings!! Go!

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 07:42:30 am »
haha, for some reason, why is it cooler looking at the stars in Spore then it is in Real Life?
Because you can go visit them afterwards with your spaceship, whereas in real life, this is impossible.
It would be so good if they were the same though (space phase vs. ground-phase stars). I would love to look up into the sky, notice a bright star, and then go visit it once in the space age.
This would give the game such a higher feel of reality for me.

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Bona Fide Supraman

• Star Raider
  • Not Super, Supra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 08:00:16 am »
Maybe they'll have a little constellation drawing thing during tribal stage, where you get a view of the night sky and make constellations, just like how humans managed to think up that a saucpan shaped bunch of stars were a bear
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 08:01:01 am »
Because you can go visit them afterwards with your spaceship, whereas in real life, this is impossible.
It would be so good if they were the same though (space phase vs. ground-phase stars). I would love to look up into the sky, notice a bright star, and then go visit it once in the space age.
This would give the game such a higher feel of reality for me.
Yea, have your creatures base a whole religion around the brightest star in the night sky, then its a real treat for your creatures to actually visit it. I admit its pretty boring when you can't go to the stars in real life, which makes Spore so awesome... The Map looks freaking chaotic, you're going to need some constellations to navigate and find your way home if you won't be using the card system to find your home. I like a navigational challenge.
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline qyasogk

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 09:31:56 am »
I do believe in one of the articles or videos that came up recently that Will or one of the developers said that the night sky is not just starfield texture, but is actually calculated based on nearby stars.

Offline Noir

• Atari Combat Vet
  • "Death to the false emperor"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 10:08:25 am »
in the Kali patch to eve they made it so that the stars you see when in a system is the stars you can visit, so to say  :)

hopefully maxis will have it in spore as well=)
Gotta make a song about spore!