Author Topic: Creature Part's Question  (Read 2402 times)

Offline wicked765

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Creature Part's Question
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:04:26 pm »
Hey I've been hovering around this forum for a while now but never really felt the need to Register but now i need to know something so here i am.  ;D
Im looking forward to the creature editor alot and wonder if instead of just normal legs and feet that i could maybe create insects with scorpion legs, spider legs etc instead of normal legs have stubby sharp ones like a peg leg so i can create a scorpion type
Thanks for any response i get

Offline econundrum

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Part's Question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:31:55 am »
I think there are insectoid legs yes, sure I've seen a few creatures in some old pictures and footage that have them. I remember a sort of spider like creature.

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

David Friedman.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/econundrum

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 06:39:01 am »
Yes you can do make creatures like that, however, I do not know if it is legs like an insect or they have a certain type of "feet" that you put on the end of the legs to make them work on a point, but there have been creatures without normal kinds of feet.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 07:06:15 am »
You can change around the different feet as well as the positions and orrientations of the legs so yes, you could make a scorpion type thing.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 07:37:57 am »
Yep, you could make the same leg look like it belongs to a scorpion or a grizzly bear, depending on how you shape it.

Just attach it where you want it, grab a joint, and move it to where you want it. Then make it slimmer and you've got a scorpion leg.

If you want, I'm pretty sure you can attach one leg to the bottom of another to make a multi-sectioned leg.

You probably don't need feet (judging from the video we saw where your cell turns into a blob with no legs or feet but still slithers around on land) so, although not as fast or effective, your creature will be able to move.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline wicked765

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:33 pm »
Cool thanks guys thats what i hoped was going to be said!

Mods feel free to close this thread now cos im not sure how to do it myself