Author Topic: New Creature - Has'ri  (Read 11867 times)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
New Creature - Has'ri
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:25:50 am »
This is my first post ever on this thing, so, be kind, and have constructive critisism.

The Has'ri

The Has'ri are from the planet Emerald in the Polaris system. In eartly terms they are related to bats, due to the two wings sprouting directly out of their spine. They also have a pointed chin, claws the sive of knife blades and a tail that could smash bone.

Pronounciation: Hazsh-E-ree. Has'ri have invisible letters, like silent, but invisible.

Type: Warm Blooded Bipedal Winged Terrestrial Arial Vertabrate.

Life: Family groups numbering well over 30.

Habitat: Tall, evergreen forests, with space to fly.

Height: 6'-6'6''

Weight: 230-300lb

Diet: Carniverous, with a liking of internal organs.

Armour: No natrual armour, but blood clots quickly and veins, arteries and nerves heal quickly. Unmatched flying speed.

Weapons: 12 claws, 3 on each hand and foot and a club on the tail made of keritin (fingernails).

Lifespan: 840 years (slow motabilism)

Gestation: When the female recives the fertiliser, the egg splits, but doesnt join together. After 54 months, the female's uterus resembles a bag of living matter. In a birthing temple, the gas is released and spores float around. They then form in a mess of living matter. The mother swallows the mess, and gestion continues a lá human. After 108 months since fertilisation, the child is born.

Still to come: Polaris, Emerald, Ships.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:48:57 am by Haseri »

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature - Has'ri
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:43:27 am »
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new creature.

Still just the basics but sounds like it has potential, if you need any advices on creature making either use the per-made creature members of this forum (like myself) did or simply ask and we would happily answer.

Looking forward for some more.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 12:08:53 pm by BioCat »

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:59:25 am »
Sounds nice, looking forward to reading about the ships.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 12:00:49 pm »
Sounds nice, and if possible a picture to help the visual would be nice. Potential!

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 12:25:31 pm »
Also, if anyone has any ideas on where to start Rping, I could use them as well.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 12:29:25 pm »
It depends what kind of RP are you looking for. Currently the main RP is the Axis-Alliance war but I think you don't want to get involved in this, as your race is still young. You can try and contact other races as well or get involved in other RPs and that way make your race more known.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 12:38:28 pm »
I just started a couple of days ago in the RP area so you can take a look at how I introduced myself.

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=8734.0

Try not to imitate it too much  ;)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 12:49:22 pm »
When the Axis-Alliance RP stops it should be much easier to enter the RP world. You could try it the Tal'Po way though ;)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 02:39:58 pm »
See as I won't get pictures up for a while, let's go to religion and beliefs.

Has'ri worship 18 gods, and various spirits and beings. They can be found here: http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Has%27ri/Mythology

But one of the core beliefs was that of the Starchildren. They were a race of immortals from the stars. One of the core reasons for space travel was to try to find the Starchildren. After finding artifacts on a planet in their system, they strove to find a way to find more of these artifacts, hopefully ones they can reverse engineer to their own ships. The ones they found in their system gave them the means to travel FTL. The only working FTL drive is in the Has'ri Explorer Station/Ship (HES) Eye Of The Gods.

Has'ri are a people whose actions go on what the race is thinking, either passive or aggresive. Just after a blood thirsty coup-de tage, in which Emperor Gabriel the Pure was elected, they are feeling rather passive. All but oblivious to the war in the heavens, they say that they'll join the enemy of their enemy. But they have no intention of tying themselves to one allience for extended periods.   

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 03:45:18 pm »
The Has'ri are from the planet Emerald in the Polaris system. In eartly terms they are related to bats, due to the two wings sprouting directly out of their spine. Apart from that, and a pointed chin, claws and a tail, they are completly human.

this makes me sad. very sad.  :'(
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 01:03:35 am »
The Has'ri are from the planet Emerald in the Polaris system. In eartly terms they are related to bats, due to the two wings sprouting directly out of their spine. Apart from that, and a pointed chin, claws and a tail, they are completly human.

this makes me sad. very sad.  :'(

Sorry about that. I forgot it was a different galaxy wear humans don't exist. I have changed it now.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 02:57:08 am »
OK, let's find out about the first ship, the Eye Of The Gods.

(Yes, it's dreamcatcher, but it was the most mysterious looking thing I could find. And that's the docking bay fot the ship in the back ground.)

Let's start with how they found it. On a planet in their system, the Has'ri found the small ship. It was more advanced then anything they had ever seen. It had FTL drive, basic translators and basic sensors. It had only weak weapons and shields, relying on speed, not strength to not be destroyed.

Has'ri have a policy of "If it works, it works." This means they only care about how it works, not why. But it is still has many undiscovered secrets, according to researchers.

This does not mean to say that Has'ri are any more advanced then any other race. If the researchers are correct, it is one of the least advanced ships of the Starchildren, and they are sure that many of the mortal races have far more advanced ships than it.

Now, let's move on to physical aspects. It is split into three parts, the engines, the circle and the bridge.

The engines are the feathery bits dangling down. They can use any fuel to go faster then light, but many specuate it used an more exotic fuel then is currently known. They also have fuel conservation, meaning it stores and uses waste. The engines also have a time dilation field, meaning time is the same inside and outside the craft.

The circle is made of an unknown alloy. Tests show it uses energized light to rebuild itself. This means lasers have little effect, but a powerful one could destroy it. Torpedoes and matter drivers have better effects, but the speed of the ship could outmanover bigger projectiles.

The bridge and other spherical parts are in a room in a room. If the ship is hit, or it needs to land, these parts stay up right. Has'ri have called geo stabilisers. Other than that, it just has computers and stuff found on any other ship

Class: Skimmer
Relative Size: Small
Crew: 20
Relative Speed: Fast
Weapons: None
Defences: Minor Laser Dampening

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:19:27 pm by Haseri »

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 03:16:15 am »

Sorry about that. I forgot it was a different galaxy wear humans don't exist. I have changed it now.

I think its just that that's a supreme lack of imagination.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 03:34:36 am »

I think its just that that's a supreme lack of imagination.

Well, thanks for your helpful criticisms. Why not complain about Star Treck and Stargate? All their aliens are basicly humans. I am new to this place, so unless you don't have anything useful to say, like "Don't worry, lots of sci-fi things go the same way. You fixed your mistake, and that's good. I can't wait to see what it looks like.", don't say it at all.

I don't think it is a supreme lack of imagination. Sure, in mind it looks human, but the way it cam out on paper, it looks barely human at all.

In fact, this is what a Has'ri looks like: (yes, it's a photo, I know)
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/haseri/Photo007.jpg

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 05:41:38 am »
Well, thanks for your helpful criticisms. Why not complain about Star Treck and Stargate? All their aliens are basicly humans.

because A) I don't give a crap about star trek/gate, and B) this isn't a star trek/gate message board.

I am new to this place, so unless you don't have anything useful to say, like "Don't worry, lots of sci-fi things go the same way. You fixed your mistake, and that's good. I can't wait to see what it looks like.", don't say it at all.

I don't think it is a supreme lack of imagination. Sure, in mind it looks human, but the way it cam out on paper, it looks barely human at all.

a lot of people do have unoriginal creatures to start off with, and, as I was going to say, that really doesn't look like a human after all.

so, in short, job well done. :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]