Author Topic: Robin Hobb!!  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Summinrandom

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Robin Hobb!!
« on: July 09, 2005, 02:23:08 am »
If there are any Robin Hobb fans here who havent read Shaman's Crossing (released July 4th) if so i suggest u do unless u dont want to, then dont

Um.........yeah

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Re: Robin Hobb!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 09:25:37 am »
I read the first two Farseer books and wasn't blown away.  I just didn't really care for the main character that much.  What's this book like? -leeman

Offline Summinrandom

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 02:32:25 pm »
Its set in a sort of Early American style continent where the most Plains were populated by Tribes of nomads but now have been "civilised" and settled by the kings army of the west. The story follows a boy by the name of Nevare who is about to go to the kings carvalla acedemy then a plague breaks out on the frontier and stuff happens and i'm not good at very good at explaining things but once again i'm shocked at how terribly she treats her characters she massacres anyone unesential and the main character wait i cant say shh.
Um.........yeah

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 03:50:28 pm »
I love the Robin Hobb books. I just finished The Tawny Man series just a few days ago. Really great stuff, but I think of her three trilogies in that series the Liveship series was the best. I didn't even know that she was releasing a new series.

Right now I'm reading The Thousand Orcs by R. A. Salvatore, some light reading. Definitely will check out Shaman's Crossing.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve