Author Topic: the lil bar thing in the video.  (Read 1167 times)

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
the lil bar thing in the video.
« on: March 15, 2007, 01:20:46 am »
hopefully everyone has seen the new video that steve posted and was circling for a while b4 that... i was just wondering what the lil bar thing at the botttom of the screen was. Do you think it was specifc for that taster? or do you think it will feature in the game, as a kind of progress bar? i noticed it moved quicker in the tidepool stage which would tie in to the idea of that stage only taking a few minutes. And as each stage was shown the picture (showing the stage) moved further along the scale.  ???

I wouldnt mind seeing it in the game, as long as it doesnt limit the main screen which it seems to do in the video... or maybe as an option that you can turn on or off?

Thinking more, makes sense that it wouldnt move fast in the creature stage as when u increase brain power you move to next stage right? so maybe everytime that happened it would jump up...

what do ya all think?

Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!

Offline TheFatMan

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Join the legion of terror today!
    • View Profile
Re: the lil bar thing in the video.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:24:52 am »
i dunno about it being a progress bar for the levels because one of the things i like is that theoretically you could remain in any one stage indefinatly....i think it might have just been for the video
"The meaning of life is like chinese whispers, somebody knew it a long time ago and it has been passed down through the generations who have altered the message until we end up with Purple monkey dishwasher"

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 01:29:04 am »
Um, benjaminge, firstly, use the search button (sorry, had to say it and you will here more from others very soon).  This has been discussed before in other threads, even recent ones. Proper netiquette is expected of the forum members (trust me, observe the unspoken rules!)
Secondly, the little bar is an indication of progress of that video.  It is by no means a part of the game.  at all.  
the reason it jumps around as you noticed is because the video has been cut up into pieces as separate videos, with some parts taken out, and then put back together by fans.  In total, I have calculated that there must be roughly 9 minutes and 48 seconds of missing game footage in that video, going by the speed of the video and the status bar underneath.

And, if this hasn't been said before, welcome to the Spore Forum!  
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 04:01:47 am »
Listen to Bob, he's right.

The thread you're looking for is this one:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=8639.0