Author Topic: GTA San Andreas Sex/Rating Controversy  (Read 7684 times)

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
Re: GTA San Andreas Sex/Rating Controversy
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2005, 10:00:56 pm »
I haven't seen it uncensored, but from what I've seen and from what i heard. The mod jsut activated the footage. From what I've seen it looks like the same style rockstar uses in game and also I've heard the ps2 version has the footage in it to but with no mod to bring it out.

Offline SL

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 10:10:54 am »
If you ask me, game developers shouldn't be held responsible for content which nobody can activate in-game. Since someone has to make a mod or post a howto to unlock the content (say, through editing INI files, if it's something really simple), it isn't the developers fault that someone has gone and made that mod/howto/whatever. On the other hand, if the content is sitting on one of the game CDs as a video file which anyone can play, then I'd say they're responsible for people who view the content. But most games don't seem to have video content and the like in a format which can be easily played outside the game.

Disabling content instead of removing it seems pretty common, especially if the developers have run out of time. The KOTOR2 team did it (with additional ending scenes, voice acting, and scripts which they presumably didn't have time to finish and tie together), the TOEE team did it (There was a brothel and some quests for it which were merely disabled rather than entirely removed. The Circle of Eight fan-patch re-enabled it), and there're probably other instances that I haven't heard about.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 09:17:06 pm »
Latest on the continued Fight against upright idiots Gta Network# 1
 Gta Network# 2

Quote from: Rockstar Games Spokesperson
"We can confirm the ESRB is conducting an investigation and that we will be complying fully with their enquiries. We thoroughly support the work of the ESRB, and believe that it has an exemplary record of rating games and promoting understanding of video game content,"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 09:23:31 pm by golgrig »
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 09:22:35 pm »
Look for a new Gaming Steve exclusive about this very topic in the next 24-hours... I think you guys are going to like this one.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 10:53:20 pm »
So exclusive you might even call it an exclusive.

Can't wait to here what juicy news you have for us mere mortals.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2005, 07:56:36 am »
On the point of parents not understanding the ESRB i think it will become a matter of as those who grew up on the games start having there own kids they will already undertsand what is in games and posibly be playing those games them selves and therefore be taking a more active interest in what there children play  it's just for modern day didn't grow up on it. Just need time for society to catch up with technology.

Very true. I know that syphonbyte Jr. isn't going to be playing M rated games when he's 12.

Quote from: Gaming Steve
Look for a new Gaming Steve exclusive about this very topic in the next 24-hours... I think you guys are going to like this one.

Awesome! I can't wait.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2005, 08:30:39 am »
I posted the new episode of Gaming Steve in which I interview Dennis McCauley from gamepolitics.com. He was one of the key people who broke this story and has written about this topic extensively over the past few weeks. This is definitely a more "serious" episode than normal, but I think an important one and many of your will find it interesting.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005, 08:38:02 am »
Great interview, gamepolitics.com seems like an interesting site.

good to see you covering a controversial peice of news
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.