Poll

Which forum wll you use?

Gaming Steve
Official Spore Forums
Both
Neither

Author Topic: Will you still visit the GS forum when the Spore forum opens?  (Read 24437 times)

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Continue?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 07:24:33 am »
I'd probably use both, but only if the official spore forums are as interesting as this community. If it's jsut a bunch of spammers and jerks, I guess I'd stay and spend most of my time in Gamingsteve.

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 07:31:13 am »
the official spore forums will be a shield for our happy secret community. we must rely on the power of the shield/baricade. i stay here. maybe another account for the official spore forums to help the newbies there, but my hart lays in this village forum.  ;D
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 07:46:52 am »
I'll stay here but I will probably visit the official forum.

Offline Com

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Wandering the wastes with a jackhammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 07:53:06 am »
I never like official forums...They're too full of retarted fanboys flaming each other

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 08:13:58 am »
SHUT UP!!!  ;D

Offline uj

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Let's roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 08:59:56 am »
Like others have said, for me it depends on the community of the official forum.

P.S. For an example of a good game with a terrible forum community google 'wow'(Obviously I don't mean every single poster or the occasional brilliant posters and posts, but the majority... :'().
My predictions for Spore.

1) No water creatures at initial release. I was right about this even when the fanboys were denying it.
2) No composite limbs at initial release. eg. Buttface; attaching a limb to a limb to... Update: Prediction was incorrect. Buttface is in!
3) Spore will outsell the Sims and be the best selling game of all time until something better comes along.

Offline The_Kev

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fear Productions
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2007, 09:19:04 am »
I will take a look and see what the official forum is, if I don't like the community I just leave faster than I came.
I will stay on GamingSteve... Till my heart stops pumping. ( I think)
"When my strength is your weakness, I'll become fearless." - Fear

Proud owner of:

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2007, 09:38:54 am »
I'll stick around here mostly.  Might lurk on some other sites and the official Spore forums, but this one is home.  Plus, I think its safe to bet that its been around longer than any others.
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
Re: What will happen to Gaming Steve Forums when Spore comes out?
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 11:02:52 am »
You guys have a good point, the forums not going to die down. We are going to get a bunch of more people looking for help and gltiches. Yay...

-Lego
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2007, 11:16:40 am »
Even though everybody says that they stay away from the spore section and that they try not to be apart of it, the Spore section is a huge part of GS. First of all, we get most of our new members from the spore because people allways search for information on spore here. Second of all, the spore section is a place where newbies can practice posting. Once they are ready they move to the forum games section then to the rest of the forum. Basiclly spore is the thing that drives the GS forums. Basiclly Spore is the thing that keeps the pattren of the forum (People here about spore, think it is awesome, search for more information, check out Gamingsteve.com and it's forum, post in the spore forum, slowly learn the ropes of GS, spread to the forum games section, spread everywhere else, soon become part of the GS forum "family" and hardly ever post in the spore section again) of corse this isn't the same for everyone, but for most people it is true.

As much as I agree that the Spore forums bring GS members, I have to disagree with how someone goes from a spore reader to the other forums. Just check some random people in the Spore forums. There are some people with over a thousand posts, and I've never seen their name before. Ever. I don't think they're just "learning the ropes" over in Spore. That's just where their interests lie, and that's what they want to post about. I just think it'd be nice if they explored the rest of the forums, to see if they'll contribute to the rest of them, not just Spore. There's a rift in this community between people here for Spore, and people here for Gamingsteve, and we should do our best to close it a little now and then.

As for what'll happen when Spore is released, I think the last thing those forums will do is die. I have no idea how they stayed alive through months of information-droughts. The game's release will change the discussion, but there will still be a lot of activity.

Offline Syao

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2007, 11:21:00 am »
I guess i'll play the game instead of being on the forums,but I'll check this forum sometimes maybe.
I don't know if ill go to the official forums.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2007, 11:24:04 am »
but hold it...do you think all the people will go to this site for help with spore? i think the guys who dont know this forum will go to the official spore forums...

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2007, 11:34:15 am »
Good god, I hope these don't become the official forums.
They'd be ruined.

Anyways, yeah, I'll stay for a bit. I mainly want to stick around to see how all your creatures and stuff are doing, what you think of the game, ideas for the future.
Milk a few final discussions out 'til it's totally done.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline The_Kev

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fear Productions
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2007, 11:55:29 am »
If this will become the official I think I will go away, maybe not but I like it enough here, with people I reconize from avatar or more, and there will be too many newbs.
"When my strength is your weakness, I'll become fearless." - Fear

Proud owner of:

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2007, 12:02:25 pm »
We should designate a new forum area now in case of officialization, then move over there to dodge the invevitable newb influx  ;D

Maybe delete the address post if they start coming in  ;)