Author Topic: LittleBigPlanet  (Read 26646 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: LittleBigPlanet
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 12:53:25 pm »
Yeah I've got a few things you could do too but I don't tell you how to do your job.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 12:56:52 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 11:35:10 pm »
Let's just bump this a bit. I read this article a few minutes ago and something struck me. For some reason I'm not so keen on Sony calling this a "Blu-Ray release", why isn't this a game? Why is this now a "Blu-Ray release", it's just not boding well with me.

Additionally, while I am excited to see how this game does I can not shake the feeling that Little Big Planet lacks structure and, like sandbox games such as Garry's Mod, will only be understood and played well by very few people.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 03:39:26 am »
IMO, this looks bloody awesome. Especially as it's something I could play Co-op with my sister, and it's a fn little platformer. And you have to love the chinese dragon costume. Slap fights are also a bonus.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 05:52:05 am »
Yeah, it still looks very good. It leaves me wondering just who's going to buy it, though, since I've never met anyone who bought a PS3 (and I'd probably give then the finger-pointing 'N-Gage' dance if I did,) - and you can't really justify buying a 400 console just for this and Drake's Fortune.

Or perhaps I haven't been keeping up: are there any other good exclusives out now for PS3?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 08:43:06 am »
Ratchet & Clank is supposed to be excellent from what I've heard.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 09:46:41 am »
can someone take this game out of my brain? i wish i never heard about it...i wont get  a ps3 unles it drops from the sky

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 11:57:24 am »
I keep going back a forth on this game. On one hand it looks great and it would be fun just to mess around on with some friends. Then on the other hand I don't know how many people will end up picking this game up. I keep thinking what Will Wright said, that most people suck at being creative. In spore they made the tools really friendly and easy to create creatures that look pretty good, but creating levels, levels that are good, seems like it would be daunting to most people.

I can't help but to compare this game to Line Rider. At first, line Rider was cool thing to mess around with but after awhile I got bored with it. Then YouTube videos start popping up and they were crazy wild with a ton a detail, but even those got boring. I can only see the same thing happen with LBP. Another thing that's nagging me is, whats to keep people playing other people levels? In Mario Galaxy there were a ton of great levels, but there were still some that we're only OK, but even on the OK levels, you kept playing them because at the end of it, you get a Star, and it's fun getting all the stars. But what's the motivation in LBP? Even if the game has the best filtering, and you only played the best levels ever, it's still going to get boring. Even if they made it where you you got something for playing someone else's levels, what's to stop people from just making really short levels or super easy levels where it's just an automatic win?

I don't know, maybe I'm putting to much thought into this. I'm still going to get the game but these things are still going to bother me.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 06:53:37 am »
I would really like to play this game, to bad I got a 360 isntead of PS3 :(
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Oberic

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2008, 01:23:43 am »
If this game comes out for the Wii, it will sell like mustard! (Mustard sells good right? Maybe I should have said ramen..)
/O.O\

I want.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2008, 09:04:19 am »
There's still something about this game that I'm very very skeptical about and I can't figure out what it is.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2008, 09:07:42 am »
There's still something about this game that I'm very very skeptical about and I can't figure out what it is.

maybe the fact that it MIGHT (im saying MIGHT. not will) become boring after a while for SOME people (i said SOME, not all)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2008, 09:13:58 am »
Well to me it looks like it will be like GMod.

There will be a group of fifty people who are really good at it and everyone else will suck at it and go away. Of course by then they'll have sold the units but still, they are touting their online community and I don't see that being a success given the nature of the game.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 03:11:09 pm »
I keep hearing about this game soo much it's giving me migraines :o.

The game just seemed to come out of no where, and then it just became popular like an old fad.
So my real question is, what is so freaking good about this game ???
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2008, 06:05:32 pm »
It looks great and you can make your own levels with your friends and trade them with people. Those are the main selling points for this game.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2008, 07:54:08 pm »
Actually, the main draw for me is making my own straw doll to jump around with... I think thats bad.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.