Author Topic: new star trek movie...  (Read 29454 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: new star trek movie...
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 09:13:43 pm »
It's not on Adult swim down under.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 12:07:29 pm »
I'm a big Star Trek fan, but the recent series' have just been awful, Enterprise inparticular.  It was very clear the producers were just out of touch with the fans, it's good to see things finally getting changed about, maybe we can see Star Trek returned to its former glory.  :)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 12:31:29 pm »
I don't know about that. If the upcoming Star Trek MMO is any indication on what they think the community wants they are way off. It's hard to tell though because I don't know how closely they are working together.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 12:50:18 pm »
Oh gods a startrek MMO? I can just see it now hundreds of Klingons running around or Vulcan Rogues coming up behind people and one shotting them with that little pinch too the neck they do.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline LaFinAbsolueDuMonde

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 04:17:30 pm »
Since its about Kirk and Spock at the academy, it seems like it could end up being at least fairly lame...like, Star Trek, the university years. At least Ben Affleck isn't playing Spock, which was mentioned as a possibility once. Matt Damon could still be Kirk, which I actually wouldn't have a problem with. It'd be funny though.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2007, 12:47:06 pm »
I don't know about that. If the upcoming Star Trek MMO is any indication on what they think the community wants they are way off. It's hard to tell though because I don't know how closely they are working together.

Maybe we need a separate topic for the MMO, but in my opinion, it sounds pretty good.  It gives players a chance to explore the Universe in their very own star ship, the way I've always wanted to.  There's space combat, ground missions, and you can even work in all the key positions.  Wouldn't it be great being the Chief Engineer, trying to explain to your captain that the ship is about to fly apart at the seams?   :D

There are a few things that sound very odd about it though, limiting the use of certain ships, etc.  And weather or not they can actually turn it into a good game is a completely different matter.  Reading about Star Wars Galaxies makes it sound like the single best game ever, you can do pretty much anything you'd ever want to be able to do in the SW universe.  But for some reason, it just doesn't work..

I'll remain cautiously optimistic about Star Trek Online for now.  Likewise for Stargate Worlds.

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2007, 01:45:02 pm »
If they do the MMO right, it would be freaking amazing. Then again, I have yet to see an MMO done right....

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 03:39:10 pm »
I agree, but there's too little information for me to get my hopes too high.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 04:38:23 pm »
Uh oh. I just got that rushing sensation that means that I think the game will be amazing.

Someone show me a sad puppy to help deflate it, I can't take the disappointment.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »
*Digs thread out of grave*
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeUjIfrfq3g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeUjIfrfq3g</a>

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 02:30:01 am »
Now that does look sweet.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 06:30:16 am »
I've never been a Trekkie by any stretch of the imagination, but I might go see the movie just to see Sylar as Spock.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2008, 08:46:36 am »
Interesting.

It looks cool and all...  but for some reason it doesn't feel very much like Star Trek...

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2008, 10:05:33 am »
It's kinda hard to tell from just a trailer though. With any luck this will be good and create the revival the series needs.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2008, 11:38:48 am »
Or give a good reason to never pick it back up.