Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto 4!!!!! *Spoilers Inside*  (Read 82303 times)

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 05:24:57 pm »
Pilot, I take offense.

I know that it's true that people are waiting for the countdown, and I'm not insulting the game, but it seems ridiculous to me for a developer to say "Hey everyone! This game is so great that we're going to have a timer on our site for a month just so you can wait to see the trailer!" That seems very conceited.

I'm not trying to offend anyone who's waiting for it, and I'm not saying that the game is bad, I'm just saying that this seems like a prick thing to do.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 05:54:52 pm »
I respect your opinion. I just think you went a bit over-the-top with it. I understand if you think it's stupid, but, I mean, it's just a countdown for a trailer...it doesn't seem like something that could get someone so pissed off. :-\

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 06:02:32 pm »
That is so lame... Don't they think we have anything better to do than wait for their trailer? The fact that they think we want a trailer so bad that they should have a countdown, while true, is insulting to me. Like we pray for scraps of **** that they throw off the developer table...

You've never been to the Spore forums.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 06:20:27 pm »
That is so lame... Don't they think we have anything better to do than wait for their trailer? The fact that they think we want a trailer so bad that they should have a countdown, while true, is insulting to me. Like we pray for scraps of **** that they throw off the developer table...

No, but B-Rod has.

I for one hope they allow a little more options for the customisation of your character... like plastic surgery so you can change his face... if indeed the protagonist is male... which, lets face it, is likely.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 06:46:46 pm »
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 07:05:31 pm »

It annoys me just as much there... But at least there the fans are rabid, and the devs aren't asserting that the fans should be rabid, as the countdown to a trailer implies.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 09:44:50 pm »
762 in defense of the devs, the last info we've gotten about the game was at E3 and all that was is that it's coming out on the 360 and coming out on October 17th. Two new systems have launched, a lot games have come and gone sense then so GTA might have fallen off a lot of gamers' radars. Now I imagine Rockstar feels ready to finally release some info on the game so they probably said "Hey lets make a deal out of this, lets build some hype for our little game." They just want people talking about there game again. It's not the worst thing in the world.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 10:27:18 pm »
I dont know why you getting your panties in such a bunch over a countdown they aren't the 1st people to place a countdown to an unvailing they aren't the 2nd, the 10th, 100th or even 1000th. Countdowns on webpages are almost as old as the Internet it's self.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 01:06:01 am »
I remember Oblivion had one, but it only said like 6 days... then the day after that 5 days... untill the game was revealed.t
@davidramnero

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 01:54:42 am »

It annoys me just as much there... But at least there the fans are rabid, and the devs aren't asserting that the fans should be rabid, as the countdown to a trailer implies.

Maybe I should have reposted this in the correct thread:

Quote from: Some rabid fanboy on gtaforums.com
THIS IS THE BIGGEST MOMENT IN MY LIFE THIS MAY BE BIGGER THAN LOSING MY VIRGINITY OHHHH CANT WAIT FOR THE TRAILER ITS GONNA KICK SOME MAJOR ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN 27 DAYS WE WILL HAVE SOME OF OUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!!!!! rahkstar2.gif

Seriously, they're worse than the Spore kids. You should check out various GTA4 forums sometime (on second thought, don't).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:56:57 am by Daxx »

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 05:32:24 am »
...and do you not think the same thing would happen if Maxis did this with Spore?

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 07:09:17 am »
Ah, I haven't been following it closely enough I guess. I thought there was already a lot of information out. My bad.

Offline nickmcdoz

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 09:42:19 am »
I lost intrest in GTA after 3

3 was new and shiny. The ones that followed were rehashs with 1 or two new features

Not true. VC was a rehash if any of them were. SA was a whole new experience. And AMAZING. You'd have to play through the game, but you will have these things i call "GTA moments" where a sequence of actions, almost movie like in drama and style, lead to this adrenalin pumping feeling. They only come once in a while, usually to players new to the game because they still are exploring there new freedom, they'll do things that a veteran would never think of. But my point is SA was full of them.

In fact I had one recently, involving slow-motion over a highway seperater (used as a ramp) with slow-motion siren noises behind me, my vehicle spinning out of control while two police cars ramp next to me, only to be smashed into by cars speeding down the highway, while I somehow slip back into control at full speed. This all happened in a matter of 2 or 3 seconds.

Has anyone else had a GTA moment?

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 01:39:46 pm »
Maybe I should have reposted this in the correct thread

you think he was serious?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 01:43:33 pm »

Maybe I should have reposted this in the correct thread:

Quote from: Some rabid fanboy on gtaforums.com
THIS IS THE BIGGEST MOMENT IN MY LIFE THIS MAY BE BIGGER THAN LOSING MY VIRGINITY OHHHH CANT WAIT FOR THE TRAILER ITS GONNA KICK SOME MAJOR ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN 27 DAYS WE WILL HAVE SOME OF OUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!!!!! rahkstar2.gif

Seriously, they're worse than the Spore kids. You should check out various GTA4 forums sometime (on second thought, don't).

on that forum are total sony fanboys...they are worse than ANYTHING

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.