Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto 4!!!!! *Spoilers Inside*  (Read 82297 times)

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
Grand Theft Auto 4!!!!! *Spoilers Inside*
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:02:40 pm »
So they launched the GTA 4 site.  It's basically the letters IV in the backround with a countdown to a trailer. 

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

I can't wait
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 01:18:20 pm by Danzik »

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:08:26 pm »
Maybe I'll actually get this one.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 04:20:51 pm »
That is so lame... Don't they think we have anything better to do than wait for their trailer? The fact that they think we want a trailer so bad that they should have a countdown, while true, is insulting to me. Like we pray for scraps of **** that they throw off the developer table...

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 04:30:07 pm »
that's what Midnight(pst) on the 29th (if my maths are correct) hmm bout time we get some info on the game.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 04:40:57 pm »
That is so lame... Don't they think we have anything better to do than wait for their trailer? The fact that they think we want a trailer so bad that they should have a countdown, while true, is insulting to me. Like we pray for scraps of **** that they throw off the developer table...

It's not that big of a deal.  It's Grand Theft Auto, one of the biggest games in the industry, let it have it's countdown I say. 

Online Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 04:52:44 pm »
I want this game, yet I know nothing about it.
But that may change in the coming months. I hope they didn't screw around with it.
More of the same is good in some cases, and I think the GTA series shows this quite well.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 06:40:44 pm »

Geez...calm down a bit, will ya? I didn't know a simple countdown for a trailer could evoke such strong emotions. Get a grip; if you don't care about it, then you don't have to watch the countdown. ::)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 01:01:20 am »
I'm not that excited about the game, there's been so many similar games lately, GTA4 is going to have to do a lot to prove that it's still on top.  I'll probably completely change my mind when I actually see more of the game.  At least we're not having to wait months for the Xbox version, and hopefully it has a proper co-op mode this time.

Geez...calm down a bit, will ya? I didn't know a simple countdown for a trailer could evoke such strong emotions. Get a grip; if you don't care about it, then you don't have to watch the countdown. ::)

This is nothing.  Watch what happens when anyone even remotely mentions Halo.  I'm expecting the words "overated" and "fanboy" to be thrown out in this topic alone.

Offline WhiteWolf7

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 02:25:25 am »
I lost intrest in GTA after 3

3 was new and shiny. The ones that followed were rehashs with 1 or two new features
NEVER argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with exprience

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 06:08:48 am »
This is nothing.  Watch what happens when anyone even remotely mentions Halo.  I'm expecting the words "overated" and "fanboy" to be thrown out in this topic alone.
OHMYGOD HALO IS THE WORST GAME EVER!!1 IT MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT AND DIE BECAUSE OF HOW BAD IT IS!!!!!!!!1 NO GAME IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING IS AS BAD AS THAT PIECE OF **** HALO I CANT BELIEVE ANYONE BOUGHT IT THEY SHOULDVE JSUT SEALED IT IN A VAULT SOMEWHERE, SHOVED IT IN AN ELEPHANTS *******, BLOWN UP THE ELEPHANT WITH A SCUD MISSILE, SET FIRE TO THE REMAINS AND THEN HIDDEN THE ASHES DEEP BENEATH THE EARTH INSTEAD OF MAKING US ALL PLAY THAT PILE OF STEAMING **** HALO ANYONE WHO LIKES IT IS A FANBOY IT IS THE MOST OVERATED THING EVER TO EXIST IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE AND SHOULD DIE!!!!!!!1111111

For every fanboy a game has, there is someone equally irrational whose ridiculously zealous hatred for that game matches and balances the fanboy's blind devotion to it.

I call it Aeris' Law.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 07:28:07 am »
More of the same is good in some cases, and I think the GTA series shows this quite well.

...to an extent. Both Vice City and San Andreas were great games despite their lack of innovation (especially compared to how ground-breaking GTA3 was) but for GTA IV I'm really hoping for the "oh my god" moment we all got in 2001.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 10:29:54 am »
For every fanboy a game has, there is someone equally irrational whose ridiculously zealous hatred for that game matches and balances the fanboy's blind devotion to it.

I call it Aerith's Law.

Fix'd. ;)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 10:37:48 am »
guys did you see the trailer time?! its a freaking month! for a TRAILER...i mean its not something to be excited about its just a game....trailer

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 01:49:20 pm »
But it is the first look at a game that was one of the defining games of last generation. Of course it's a big deal. Rockstar has always been tight lipped on the GTA games so it's always a big deal when they let info out. GTA:SA was huge, the size of the map I think was bigger then oblivion, so it makes you wonder how big GTA4 will be. There has yet to be a open world game that has been as robust as GTA:SA. You could race, deliver packages, partake in a triathlon, ride motorcycles and fly in planes and helicopters (no next gen game has let you do those things yet) play with remote controlled cars, rampage missions, collect jacked cars, destruction derbies, vigilantly missions, ambulance missions, firefighter missions, tagging, collection hidden things, photo ops, pimp missions, not to mention the story missions that that gave you a wide range of objectives. I think I put in a good 70 hours into that game. also on the 360 version there will be achievements, and then there is the whole episodic content thing. So yeah I'm excited for this game and I'll be happy to watch the trailer. I'm not going to lay awake at night wondering what the game holds is store for me, but it is nice to know that four weeks from now there will finally be some information on this game.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 03:58:49 pm »
Looking forward to the trailer. For some reasons I think this will be the best GTA so far.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!