Author Topic: Zolyg  (Read 4196 times)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Re: Zolyg
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 03:45:17 pm »
Update (I was gonna upload my new pic and see the difference but my right hand Is kinda buggered at the mo so that'll have to wait)

TIMELINE

13-14 Billion Years Ago - Big Bang, all of space, time, matter and energy (at least In our universe) Is created.

9 Billion Years Ago - The Star Urotha Forms, It Is a red dwarf with an expected life span of hundreds of billions of years.

8.1 Billion Years Ago - A super massive solar flare erupts on Urotha, asteroids circling the star heat up and crash together forming the first solid planets. One of these planets, about 20000 KM In diameter floats Into "The Habitable Zone"

8 Billion Years Ago - Planet cools down.

7.9 Billion years Ago - Planet has a near pass with a nebula, Hydrogen ends up on planet, water forms

7.4 Billion Years Ago - Microbial Life forms

6.7 Billion Years Ago - First Complex Life Leaves water and Is confronted by a beautiful green planet.

6.4 Billion Years Ago - Massive meteor with a diameter of 400 Kilometers strikes. 4 Species on land survive, evolution reset.

5.9 Billion Years Ago - One of the 4 surviving species evolves Into a 6 legged fur covered creature with large hard Insect like mandibles.

5.8 Billion Years Ago - Increasing Solar Activity

5.74 Billion Years Ago - Prehistoric Zolyg Develop UV detecting eyes, solar flare happens, evolution once again Is hurtled back, 49012 species survive.

5.3 Billion Years Ago - Increasing number of predator species forces the Zolyg to evolve Infrared detecting eyes and an entire new set of limbs, arms (with foot like graspers), Legs Develop Into a better configuration for running and such.

5 Billion Years Ago - Another set of Arms evolve, as do proper fingers and thumbs, Mandibles become less powerful but have other purposes.

4.9 Billion Years Ago - First Tribes are formed

4.8990 Billion Years Age - Cities Are Formed, Sapience Reached.

4.8950 Billion Years Ago - Gravity Drive Designed and build. First test goes smoothly

4.8950-Present Day - Zolyg generally keep to them selves for sake of not starting any conflicts, make friends with any young races that are willing, other stuff.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There, a brief history of the Zolyg :D

All of them are of course the Important events, If I were to mention every asteroid collision and solar flare that'd be like 8000 pages long :D

PS: I'm not entirely sure if the dates of all that are possible, anyway.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:38:06 pm by sltlamina »

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 04:44:17 pm »
4.8950-Present Day - Zolyg generally keep to them selves for sake of not starting any conflicts, make friends with any young races that are willing, other stuff.
woah, that's a long time!
What's happening in present day?

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 05:04:20 pm »
Not much, past few billion years have been quiet for them, well quiet In general. Like no massive wars, there star hasn't gone nova or Imploded. Still compared to a species like humans they have been very busy doing bits and bobs :)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 06:47:57 pm »
cool  :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 08:29:07 pm »
thanks :), I had to look Into the dates and they still seem a little off but they'll do for now.

The Great Genocide: There Is one piece of Zolyg history that they would like very much to Just be forgotten about, alas (I'm sorry I Just had to use that word today :D) this was not to be. This Era of cruelty was called "The Great Genocide" the genocide bit Is on both behalf's.

The great genocide took place Just after the Zolyg had built the first space craft and tested them. A species that Inhabited the 2nd planet In orbit of the star Urotha noticed the Zolyg. This other races technology was suspiciously well advanced, as If some species from the future had given It to them.

This Species, called Darkilonious (Dark Ill-on-ious) were real tw**s and aspired to be the only Sapient race In the galaxy and one day universe. So they decided to wage war with the Zolyg, It was a surprise attack and the Zolyg were screwed, they had no weapons that they could use against such a species. So when all hope seemed lost a group of Zolyg scientists came forward and admitted to designing and building a weapon capable of wiping out an entire species.

By now about 70% of all the Zolyg had been wiped out and about 0.01% of the enemy had been, so the Zolyg launched their weapon at the Darkilonious home world, although the power of the weapon had been underestimated and the total yield was somewhere In the range of several trillion gigatons of TNT. The entire planet was Instantly reduced to...well nothing except a big gaseous blob of deadly hot quarks. Not only was the planet destroyed but several planets Including their own were knocked Into different orbits.

The Zolyg were Instantly shocked by this, although this destruction led the remaining enemy to mass suicide (and basically what they had Intended) the Zolyg were still very shocked. They locked themselves away from the universe for a period of time by building a massive sphere around their planet, they thought that they were too dangerous to be let out. Although eventually after developing better technology they started to emerge again.

One story I wanted to go Into detail about :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:34:25 pm by sltlamina »

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 12:45:01 am »
Different Pic:

I like the more furry lookingness (MY WORD! I OWN IT!) and the shading's a little better, still I gotta work on It a little bit more...OH ALSO 'fore I forget.

Zolyg @ Sporewiki (the pic Is from there cos I couldn't be bothered uploading It again)

And then Scott said, LET THERE BE LIGHT!

The Zolyg homeworld Uol, you can see 3 pieces of water on these and the rest Is Jungle and grassland (there Is more water It's Just not visable from that angle)

They are the 4th planet from the Orange Dwarf stay Urotha, the 1st and 2nd planet change orbit number every 3rd year (so the 2nd becomes the 1st and vise versa) the 3rd planet looks slightly habitable although It's stuck with one side always facing Urotha and the other not facing It. Altough Uol here has a regular day night cycle that lasts 36 hours (1 day Is 36 hours...yeah)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 06:14:12 pm »
purdy pics
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 09:50:10 pm »
I changed It to the original 4 legged design, I'm still not sure on what I want It like though so look out for changes.

...yes I'm quite an Indecisive person but usually when I'm content with something I'll keep It...4 legs for now but I've half a mind to change It again :D

I miss the Zyyo :( :'( I think I'll still make them my main creature In spore and then make the Zolyg after...or I might kinda merge them Into one, I dunno...wish I could Just start clean with them, ahhh well.