No, needs better backstory/other
2 (12.5%)
Yes its fine, add more if you want
3 (18.8%)
Its ok
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: March 05, 2007, 10:29:04 pm

Author Topic: New Race: The Anu'rasha  (Read 5377 times)

Offline Kyro989

• Breakout Battler
  • RAAAAWR
    • View Profile
    • The Anu'rasha
New Race: The Anu'rasha
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:29:04 pm »
The Anu'Rasha
An adult Anu'rasha:
Appearence:

Type

Beetles.... Really, really, big, strong, and spiked... beetles.

Brief Timeline:

9 billion years ago: Planet cools

8 billion years ago: The early Anu'rasha come to life

7.5 Billion years ago: The Anu'rasha begin to take thier present shape

7 billion years ago: Anu'rasha begin to form tribes and trade

6.7 billion years ago: Anu'rasha form underground civilizations
6.69 billion years ago: Anu'rasha enter a catastrophic war with the 'lesser ones'

6 billion years ago: Anu'rasha crush the last 'lesser one', most cities and inhabited areas are now devastated

5.5 billion years ago: Anu'rasha are fully recovered from the 'Great War',

5 billion years ago: Elaborate tunnels and cities are created throughout the planet, a capital is established in a very large crater, the capital is the only city that is above ground

4 billion years ago - Present day: Isolationism has been a very strong driving force for the Anu'rasha, but now they are seeing that maybe it would be good ot have allies, to share technology and culture. They also feel they are ready again to fight again.

Lifecycle:
The Anu'rasha are not mamals and do not give birth to live young. However, they have no 'queen' and any female can lay eggs. Eggs take roughly 9 months-1 year to hatch and a young Anu'rasha looks nothing like an adult.
Young/Baby Anu'rasha:

Childhood to an Anu'rasha last roughly 30 years or until they have reached full adulthood. Adults are very strong and tend to have extremely thick shells. An Adult Anu'rasha can live up to 150 years if it is in perfect health. However, an Elder Anu'rasha does not live long. It is common that an Anu'rasha at the age 180-200 will just, turn to dust. No Anu'rasha knows why or how, but at that age, the body of the Anu'rasha simply becomes dust in the wind.

Habitat
Usually underground, but the Anu'rasha can live almost anywear that is not an extreme condition type ares. (i.e. not in volcanos or trenches.)

Culture
The Anu'rasha a have unique culture. The young 'rasha is almost ignored and forced to live on its own at the age of 10, if it does not learn the ways of life, it will be left behind. The woman in Anu'rasha culture tend to have power equal to men and they are treated as such. Woman are also permitted to fight in the Anu'rasha armed forces side by side with the men.

Because of the magnitude of 'The Great War' the Anu'rasha have become a very war minded species. This has made them more aggressive and given them a 'shoot first, ask questions later' mentality. Becasue of thier incredibly sturdy shells, they did not find a need to devlop ranged wepondry and they find themselves using thier own bodies as weapons, even in such a futuristic age, they find it more usefull. This led them to devlop instead, incredible healing technologies. They find that if you can gradually weaken the enemy slowly, but they can barely hurt you, you will win after a period of time. Also, thier quick burrowing tactics allow them to amubsh and trap enimies in thier tracks. Also, during times of war they can make tunnels that can lead into an enemy outpost and they can launch a direct attack from inside. This has been called Swarm Tactics by the Anu'rasha, and they consider it thier specialty.

This has led the race to be very persistant.

The government is a republic consisting of 3 houses:

The Inner Core Regiment

The Central Power

The Outer Senate

The 3 houses tend to get along on most matters. They usually however, keep to thier own respective areas unless decisions affect the Anu'rasha on a world wide scale.

The Anu'rasha may be strong and protected, but they also have found that thier undurbellys are relitivly unarmored, and that they are not the speediest of creatures.

The Anu'rasha took a half a billion years to recover from 'The Great War', after that, they have felt like they can overcome anything. And after 5.5 billion years of looking at themselves, they are ready to look to the stars for allies and enemies alike..

Offline Kratok

• 1942 Veteran
  • I saved on my car insurance using Geico
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
Re: New Race: The Anu'rasha
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:35:21 pm »
Oh geeze..

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:48:58 pm »
Cool looking but not original. Its called a Anub'Rekhan from WoW from what i found when i looked it up.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Anub'Rekhan

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:53:52 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Malt

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 10:49:28 pm »
This race NEEDS MORE RAGE!
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline a14gt

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 10:58:51 pm »
holy freaking ***t, you did this all so fast. are they sentient, hows their planet, do they have a military, do they have space travel, are you willing to add to them or are they rp races, would you like to be invaded by anubians and enter leba's attack, how is thier tech like, and are my questions irritating you, do you like fan art, and did you draw that?????
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Kratok

• 1942 Veteran
  • I saved on my car insurance using Geico
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 11:46:56 pm »
Look at Hydros post, Agt.

Offline operaghost21

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 12:08:20 am »

how did I know this was coming?

*sigh*       :-\
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Malt

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 09:09:12 am »
Actually Hydro, it's based off the Nerubis(Crypt Lords in particular). That boss you're reffering to is one member of that race.

Though I may be wrong. Been a while since I loaded up WCIII.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 02:46:04 pm »
Actually Hydro, it's based off the Nerubis(Crypt Lords in particular). That boss you're reffering to is one member of that race.

Though I may be wrong. Been a while since I loaded up WCIII.

Well his picture link said anub.jpg And based on those picture came up nd thus i found the boss. Also boss or not its till copying from another game.

Offline operaghost21

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 02:52:24 pm »
your poll options are too restrictive...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline a14gt

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 03:08:46 pm »
Look at Hydros post, Agt.

they don't have to be completly the same though, his can have special traits, i want him to tell me.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Huckbuck

• Goddess of Phobos
  • I still haunt this place from time to time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 03:36:15 pm »
Oh gosh... a WoW player that wants to go Spore... And fails straight from the begining by copying the look of a WoW creat...

Uhm, did you even make this one? It looks like a pic of a creature from WoW (never played it so I dont know). The pic is called scarab (......06/Gianni989/scarab.jpg) so I suspects that this isnt created by you. I believe that this pic is from a MMORPG.

Offline Malt

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 05:37:08 pm »
Yes. He is copying. Yes this isn't right, but....

IT ISNT FROM WOW! IT PREDATES WOW BY A LOT!

Srssyl.

Offline a14gt

• Pack M.U.L.E.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 05:42:34 pm »
i don't care where its from, it looks like it can become a very cool ccreture if the right work was placed
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
  • The Hira-Bira Cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 05:45:17 pm »
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. It's a new Hero Unit for the Undead. A Scarb-like race would be cool, but, a total Warcraft copy is like the bleh. :(. It can make us *Frumple.*
Nurizeko

"What the hell is this? your TV is broken..."
<light being> "*droooool* jesus look at those tones"