Author Topic: 360 won the console war?  (Read 17032 times)

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
Re: 360 won the console war?
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2007, 06:26:35 pm »
You do realize that the 360 has been out a year longer then the PS3 right, and they been selling more consoles then the PS3 every month and yes that's including Novmember and Decmember. Also Isn't Motor Storm one of their Killer-apps but they only sold 3-thousand more units over last month. just don't look at that 360 number that says they sold 29 thousand less this month then last. It doesn't mean a thing.... <_<  >_>

But with all the new games being released for the 360, it shouldn't have the PS3 following so closely behind, and it shouldn't be getting beat by a 7+ year-old system. PS2 sales have beaten 360 sales every single month that the 360 has been out, and it's been out for over a year.

If anything, this slower adoption rate better mean that this next-generation of systems will last longer. If Microsoft undercuts again with 4 years, then people will be upset. 

You do realize that with a consoles sales aren't going to spike every time a new great game comes on the horizon; for instance, I mainly bought my 360 for some games that are just now coming out in the next month or so, and I bought my 360 in its debut week. Also, the best console of the previous generation always sees a jump in sales around this time because of an entirely different (read: poor) group of gamers.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2007, 01:19:52 pm »
You do realize that the 360 has been out a year longer then the PS3 right, and they been selling more consoles then the PS3 every month and yes that's including Novmember and Decmember. Also Isn't Motor Storm one of their Killer-apps but they only sold 3-thousand more units over last month. just don't look at that 360 number that says they sold 29 thousand less this month then last. It doesn't mean a thing.... <_<  >_>

But with all the new games being released for the 360, it shouldn't have the PS3 following so closely behind, and it shouldn't be getting beat by a 7+ year-old system. PS2 sales have beaten 360 sales every single month that the 360 has been out, and it's been out for over a year.

If anything, this slower adoption rate better mean that this next-generation of systems will last longer. If Microsoft undercuts again with 4 years, then people will be upset. 

You do realize that with a consoles sales aren't going to spike every time a new great game comes on the horizon; for instance, I mainly bought my 360 for some games that are just now coming out in the next month or so, and I bought my 360 in its debut week. Also, the best console of the previous generation always sees a jump in sales around this time because of an entirely different (read: poor) group of gamers.

Most people buy a system when there is a game that comes out on it that they really want to play.

Also, while consoles of the previous generation will continue to sell well initially after the new ones launch, I don't think that the PlayStation was still outselling the PS2 at this point last cycle. It probably just has to do with the fact that 2 out of 3 consoles this time around are much more expensive than last time.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2007, 07:56:11 am »
Yeah, I agree with you on that point. Consoles are getting too darned expensive. Plus, the PS2 has a much larger library of really good games than the PS1 did.

Offline Snapple

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2007, 03:08:24 am »
the way i see it theres no point getting any of them until theres either a must have game or a clear winner, once theres a clear winner its always time to jump on the bandwagon

ah well, back to my pc games
Dentists should not have to learn about lactation