Author Topic: A Newbies Guide to creature creating...  (Read 8543 times)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Re: A Newbies Guide to creature creating...
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 10:41:45 pm »
 :D :D :D Slow people...actually It's been up like...1...day? :D But yeah I should wait.

By the way why does everyone copy and past the warning thing Into their reply?

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 11:09:48 pm »
Maybe to help point out that this thread went from OP to third page in 3 hours  :P

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2007, 11:12:13 pm »
lol, point? I got the point across, I should has Instantly locked the topic but we're screwed now, ahhh well.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2007, 11:13:03 pm »
We already have the Swastikkkans

and the Dasofpapodaugpodvpuaojpaodoapfdhoapvnhaophvpoahvfdzorz

so please don't make any more.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 11:14:58 pm »
what was the point of that post?

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 11:16:38 pm »
it was supposed to be on page one, back when posts could be relevant
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 11:20:21 pm »
oh... :D that creature Is funny

Online emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2007, 01:42:36 am »
NO FURRIES.

A furry is a humanoid creature with fur or scales, possibly taking on the traits of an animal.

Also, Malt's right...
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2007, 07:47:43 am »
You really aren't the best one to write this sort of guide, good sir.

Though neither am I, really. All my creatures faded away after about a month. And if I wrote the guide, it would be a lot meaner and would probably just say "DON'T MAKE A CREATURE".
Your creatures faded because you stopped trying

Exactly. Hence why I wouldn't be too great at writing this guide.

I don't understand the basis of your attack Kratok.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2007, 08:27:54 am »
i wish this guide was around when i made my arkibal, becuase everything is crammed in to one post, i'd make one to post new info but that would  just be sad.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2007, 11:37:15 am »
No humanoids :
Too many humanoids get boring, but they're valid forms. Sorry Greevils, nobody likes you now.

No furries :
They included the fur feature for a reason, a furry is fine too. Sorry Torpals, no love here.

Make a survivor :
Designs that wouldnt survive IRL may survive in Spore, the game tries to make your designs seem 'clever'. Im certain that there will still be creatures in the actual game that should really be extinct, but the fine details in creature creation (in the forum) is just to keep ourselves distracted.

God modding :
Only really an issue if they intend to RP, and a game-overseer wouldnt let them RP if they were insanely 'over-spec'. Besides, my creature would survive better if it evolved lightsabers for hands (see above).

Pictures :
Always nice, but not necessary. Posting the description and other bits of a creature profile first, would give people a strong idea of how to draw your creature, if you asked nicely for a picture.

No wang creatures :
Aww, but... but...

All in all, the only guide really needed is a little bit of common sense. If a persons creature sucks, people are sure to flood there and humiliate themselves by flaming it to hell and back. Forums have their own little food chain too, y'know!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:42:10 am by Uroboros »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007, 12:03:10 pm »
No Dragons
While dragons are more alien-like than say humans (though there are humanoid dragons  ::) ), they have been over done. For this reason try to avoid dragons at all costs. This is not to say you cannot have dragon features. People seem to misunderstand this and get very defensive of their precious dragons. You must remember in world cultures dragons were a composite of the 3 most deadly animals that humans encountered  from ape all the way to prehistoric human. These where the big cats, snakes and birds of prey. European dragons tended to take the attributes more of reptilian and snakelike, but still wing and the "dragons breath". The breath actually originated from the rotting breath of lions and leopards. It was only later it turned into fire. Asian dragons while more snake-like in body form, actually had many cat or even dog-like features and could look harry, but had classic bird like talons like most dragons. American dragons are the classic feathered serpents and resemble a mix of snakes, parrots and jaguars. Each a native species of the region. In short when making you alien try to avoid these exact combination of big cats, snakes and birds of prey and maybe try a different combo such as bear, crocodile and wasp. While created in the same manner as people who made up dragons, it will still be unique in that it has never seen before and thus making your drawing original, even if the creatures you are using are not.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:10:25 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline The_Kev

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fear Productions
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 07:01:57 am »
(I still don't see why the Zolyg are being Ignored, they're quite original)
What about the Barbons, they are more ingored than your Zolyg...
"When my strength is your weakness, I'll become fearless." - Fear

Proud owner of:

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 06:16:39 pm »
All my creature were ignored too... But I don'y whine about it! ;)

Oh yeah...

No Earth Animals: I am sure that when Spore comes out, a flood of six year olds getting on their older relatives copies of Spore will create a flood of ponies, puppies, kittens, etc. Avoid at all costs! Dive captain, dive! Launch torpedo 5! Direct hit! All kittens have been neutralized! But seriously, no "real" animals. And that includes dinosaurs, extinct mammals, and the pigs that ruled the world.

Don't Rip off Someone Elses Stuff: Be creative for once and don't make the "Raucean," "Norpal," "Taukal," "Pexxian," or any other rip off. Someone worked long and hard on those, so do it yourself; maybe you could make the next 120 page thread! Though I doubt it.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 07:59:56 pm »
You really aren't the best one to write this sort of guide, good sir.

Though neither am I, really. All my creatures faded away after about a month. And if I wrote the guide, it would be a lot meaner and would probably just say "DON'T MAKE A CREATURE".
Your creatures faded because you stopped trying

Exactly. Hence why I wouldn't be too great at writing this guide.

I don't understand the basis of your attack Kratok.
It was a reasponse, not an attack
Malt has left.

Kratok: I hate him...
Thats an attack.