Author Topic: Kotaku SUCKS... (Game News Topic)  (Read 185037 times)

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
Re: Kotaku SUCKS... (Game News Topic)
« Reply #1845 on: April 10, 2012, 01:09:38 pm »
Why not just make a Kickstarter asking for money so that we can donate to interesting Kickstarters?

Offline Celdur

• Baseball SuperStar
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: April 11, 2012, 02:22:32 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSqBfPQIEk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSqBfPQIEk</a>

yes

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Kaizer

• Arkanoid Vaus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: April 11, 2012, 03:00:04 pm »
b-but...i only just beat the xbox version....

Offline Gauphastus

• Stack-Up Loader
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #1849 on: April 12, 2012, 12:46:52 pm »

COME ON!

So that's another one we can't buy now. The kind of people that would sign a petition to have this game ported to PC are also the same kind of people that would not buy a game because of a crappy service being shoehorned into it. :-\

Offline Didero

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: April 12, 2012, 12:48:07 pm »
I think there's already a petition underway to try and persuade them to drop GFWL.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #1851 on: April 12, 2012, 01:25:57 pm »
I am a good customer. I buy the games just like they want me to. I've even got a conscience and will ignore sale prices if I see a game that really looks well-made. I'll pay full price even if there are opportunities not to because I appreciate the work these developers have done. I'm the kind of guy that picks up the decked out, waste of money collector's edition because I want them to get rewarded as much as possible for making what I see as a good product.

And now the publishers are ruining that. Forget the rise in piracy, I won't even waste my time doing that anymore. They are making me disinterested in gaming. More often than not, I'll just skip a game entirely. Sim City 5 is a good example. I'm about as big a Sim City fan as you can get. I've been a fan of the series since I was a small child. I love Sim City! I've got no plans to even consider Sim City 5 until the unfair security schemes are removed from it. That's the loss of a customer that really doesn't care about DLC. I'll buy all of it! No questions asked! Just let me own the copy of the game I paid for and don't poke around my business or assume I'm someone I am not.

Games that I want to play are just being ignored because publishers are treating me like a criminal for buying them. I am fully prepared to pay 150 bucks for some titles but a single bit of bad DRM or annoying and intrusive account management services makes me walk away. Not only do I not buy these games. I don't even play them.

It is bad business and it needs to stop. I want to play these games and they want my money. We can both agree on that. Don't ruin a good thing! Pirates certainly aren't having any problems stealing your games and they oftentimes have a better experience than paying customers. I still can't play Arkham City because SecuROM thinks I stole the game. The game that I ignored a 50% off sale for so I could give them the full price out of respect for their work.

Thanks a lot! >:(

Offline Celdur

• Baseball SuperStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12:21 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0f8IJpXOFI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0f8IJpXOFI</a>

stop being entitled patman

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #1853 on: April 12, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »
I'm on your side! :P

Offline Krakow Sam

• The Nameless One
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: April 13, 2012, 03:30:09 am »
Why is the mole guy Welsh?  ???
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gauphastus

• Stack-Up Loader
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: April 13, 2012, 03:57:42 am »
Welsh demographic is pretty large and needs to be appealed to.
This is facts.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Gauphastus

• Stack-Up Loader
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: April 14, 2012, 06:45:44 am »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/policewarfare/police-warfare

HMMMMM..

Well, okay, I guess that's kind of cool.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Celdur

• Baseball SuperStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: April 14, 2012, 11:09:24 am »
give me one reason why publishers would turn them down

Offline Didero

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: April 14, 2012, 11:33:16 am »
give me one reason why publishers would turn them down
Why would they have to involve publishers? This is just as valid a way to fund a project as asking some big company for cash. Perhaps even better, since they don't have to share a cut of the profits with anybody else and they don't have to alter their direction for the game because of some marketing department's opinion on what's popular.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #1859 on: April 14, 2012, 11:47:36 am »
It puts a lot more of the risk and onus on the developer, though.

Even though you could argue that publishers have gotten a bit out of control, they do have a place. They are supposed to deal with distributors and customers while the developers focus on the game.