Author Topic: Government RP  (Read 13674 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Government RP
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2007, 01:35:58 pm »
Please check back with the Bill Post.
Also, because the Reduction of Taxes has been modified i'm going to have to have you all revote on that account. I'm also going to post bills on the 1st page.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 01:46:24 pm »
"We reject the newly proposed taxes, instead we have devised the Single Tax Bill, a fixed percentage of income is paid to the government. Due to the fact we use percentages, the exact amount per household is variable."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 01:49:59 pm »
"We reject the newly proposed taxes, instead we have devised the Single Tax Bill, a fixed percentage of income is paid to the government. Due to the fact we use percentages, the exact amount per household is variable."

First let's keep it at one bill per tax thingy. Remind me about this new bill after the Reduction Bill is decided, although i am counting your votes against it.

News Flash!
The Civil Service Bill has just been approved in the Senate after the YSC threw their 32 votes behind the bill. After several hours of debate, though, the two Liberal Consuls have vetoed the bill on the basis that "It would give to much power to the P'aU." While this seems like a legitimate excuse, some have to wonder whether the recent Imum threats had anything to do with this...

The Consul has vetoed the Civil Sevice Bill. It has automatically been re-enacted, needing 401 votes instead of the regular 301. Please Revote on this matter, and remember the Reduction of Taxes is still in the voting process.

Civil Service Bill Revote
A Senator of the P'aU proposes that exams are taken to approve entry into the Yukan Government. It also proposes that positions deemed wasteful be abolished.
Civil Sevice Bill Re-Vote Results
Total Aye! 301     Nay! 0
-(P'aU Votes) Aye! 97
-(YMTL Votes) Aye! 74
-(S-L Votes) Aye! 56
-(YNU Votes) Aye! 74
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:35:33 pm by josasa »

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 06:24:58 pm »
"See this, fellow Yuka! Those puppets of corruption, the Liberal-Party consuls, have vetoed the Civil Service Bill. They claim the bill is merely a ploy to obtain more power for the P'aU. That of course, is nonsense. Their real reason for attacking this legislation is because it threatens the continued existance of their patronage system! We of the P'aU will once again put our support behind this bill, and encourage all the other parties who (unlike the Liberals) care for the creation of a new and stronger Republic for the benefit of all Yuka, to support it as well."
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 11:10:25 pm »
"The Liberal Party is corrupt! We call for an immediate Consul election!"

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 03:27:40 am »
Oh may I join?What if anouther type of creature wanted to try and be elected?
You can join, but what creature were you thinking of running?
I think the only non-Yukan that would make any sense would be the Imum ambassador.

Questions:
1.  Can we have some more details on the Imum and what started the war?
2.  Are the Pirates Yukan or different groups of unnamed minor species?
3.  Is there currently a standing unified military or is it regional/political militias or no "official forces" at all (like Germany after WW I)?
4.  @ Caltrop what are the basic tenets and beliefs of the 'audeti?
5.  I've thought of a few weird groups and one I'd like to play.  Can I post them all and josasa treat the extras like NPCs?
Some are religious in nature so instead of political they could be background flavor.  Religion/philosophy could become another demographic in the elections. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:48:03 am by Slartibartfast »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 09:49:42 am »
"We put forward OUR party leader for posistion of Consul. We believe we are suitable simply becuase we are the most neutral party, in terms of class, religion and race. We also once again support the Civil Serbice Bill....We would like to point that we currently think very negativley of the Liberal Party.

The Liberals have done nothing! In this time of need, they have done Nothing! We shall tolerate these Imum puppets no longer!  They sell us our to our foes, abuse thier power and protect thier corrupt. We promise action! Corruption is damaging to all aspects of Business and the Military: the cornerstones of the YMTL. It is, of course, damaging to all but the guilty. Soon, we shall give you what you deserve: Action! We will work against the problems in the Republic, by organising a boom in business and strict Governemental Control of life, in order to crack down on Corruption and crime: Is it not clear that this is what is nessecary to save The Republic? We stand at a crossroads: We can obey weak Governments like the Liberal Party and live out our days as slaves and vassals of the Imum, forever in thier shadow, or we can rise up! We can build up our economy, make us rich! Our Army shall swell and no Pirate, no barbarian will ever approach a Yukan ship again! Rise up, For the Republic!"

OOC: Will it be possible to have disasters or wars that a Government must face?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 11:01:33 am »
"We propose that two different consuls from two different parties are elected, and for the position, we propose the Yukan who has created Social-Liberalism, Manas Mordril!

The time has come to create freedom for the Republic, and for all the people, rich or poor, in a way that any Yukan that is willing to work hard and in the best way he or she can to gain a better life, shall be able to do so.

Again, we support the Civil Service Bill, and we file our motion to start elections of consul, this done by the public who has had education."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 04:35:16 pm »
The High Court has spoken before in the Glod v.s. Hiyun Case. The rules on the Consul will stay the same, only the two most powerful parties will be able to choose the position of Consuls.
There can be an Emergency Consul Election with 401/500 Senators approving. But if this Emergency Consul Election is approved, only the Consevative Party and the P'aU will be able to choose their Consuls.
Emergency Consul Election
An Emergency Consul Election has been proposed by the S-L Party. If approved the current Consuls will be ejected and new ones will be filled by the largest parties in the Senate.
Emergency Consul Elections Results
Total Aye! 153     Nay! 0
-(S-L Votes) Aye! 56
-(P'aU) Aye! 97

Oh may I join?What if anouther type of creature wanted to try and be elected?
You can join, but what creature were you thinking of running?
I think the only non-Yukan that would make any sense would be the Imum ambassador.

Questions:
1.  Can we have some more details on the Imum and what started the war?
2.  Are the Pirates Yukan or different groups of unnamed minor species?
3.  Is there currently a standing unified military or is it regional/political militias or no "official forces" at all (like Germany after WW I)?
5.  I've thought of a few weird groups and one I'd like to play.  Can I post them all and josasa treat the extras like NPCs?
Some are religious in nature so instead of political they could be background flavor.  Religion/philosophy could become another demographic in the elections. 
1. I'll get to that in a bit.
2. The Pirates are a mix of everything...
3. There is a smaller Unified Military, greatly reduced since the war. It can only really keep the peace on the Alpha Worlds.
4. That's for Caltrop...
5. Go ahead and post those other parties, i might tie them in some other way. Looking forward to your party?

OOC: Will it be possible to have disasters or wars that a Government must face?

I'm going to create some disasters soon, just wanted to clear some of these bills up.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:47:12 pm by josasa »

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 07:57:53 pm »
"We would be unworthy representatives of the people if we did not support the removal of the two corrupt liberal consuls. We support the Emergency Consular Elections, and nominate Celo Uyata as the P'aU's candidate for Consul."

EDIT: "Oh, and we do support the ammended Reduction of Taxes Bill."

OOC:

Well, as a lot of backround hasn't been created by Josasa, I apologise if any of my ideas conflict with his original envisionment. I percieve Yukan religion to be similar to that of ancient Rome; an official state pantheon (Jupiter, Apollo, etc.) along with less significant regional dieties (Isis, Cybele, etc.). This 500-year-old religion was founded on a Delta World by a local aristocrat, after having a vision. Believing that 'audet (a previously unheard-of god) commanded him to follow Him, the aristocrat began becoming a major supporter of the poor. Towards the end of his life he gave up most of his material goods and lived as a farmer-philosopher.

The 'audeti Religion is primarily one of social justice. They believe that 'audet works through the actions of mortals to recreate an ancient mythical paradise. 'audeti believe that, through the grace of 'audet, they are re-incarnated to continue their earthly work until paradise is achieved, at which point they will live forever (either as spirits or with bodies, there is some debate on the issue). For these reasons, it is obviously very popular among the poor, who live short and brutish lives. Non-'audeti simply cease to exist. For the most part, they are stauchly moralistic, believing in values some humans today might consider 'old fashioned'. As a real-world parallel, think of Catholicism.

In the last few hundred years, it has expanded to most of the Outer Rim worlds, and just before the rise of the P'aU, the Supreme Curia elevated 'audet to the State Pantheon, Third Tier. There are three tiers to the State Pantheon, and although Third Tier is the lowest, merely being a member in the Pantheon ensues that the state will fund and support the worship of that diety, and will install worship facilities for that god in the First Temple in the capital city.

That's all I have for now, but no doubt I will come up with more backround for them as time goes by.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 08:04:45 pm by Caltrop »
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 09:48:49 pm »
The YNU is, once again, for the civil service bill.

We have also talked amongst ourselves, and decided that lowering taxes is a bad thing for our plans, and we are against it.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 07:05:09 am »
"We have already stated our support for the Civil Service Bill. We propose all officials found guilty of corruption, especially the Liberal Consuls, be sent away into exile."

Offline flames

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Life is what you make it .Mine's a video game
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 10:52:58 am »
ooc:I was thinking of running my fork beaks or maned feather flaping ear wings
http://

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 02:39:57 pm »
ooc:I was thinking of running my fork beaks or maned feather flaping ear wings

No, if you would have read the first post you would have seen this has no connection to the other RP worlds.

Just a reminder, the Tax Reduction Bill still needs to be voted upon, the Civil Service Bill needs to be revoted upon, and the Emergency Consul Election still needs to be voted upon if you haven't already. All of these bills can be viewed on the first page in the first post under the Bills (Active) Section.

And now, some more history on the Yukan Republic:
The Yukan race took their first steps into space 7,000 years after they first settled down into cities. It took a few hundred more years until they were able to colonize other systems, but they were soon on their way to becoming a small galactic power.
Exactly 32 years after finishing in colonizing their last Omega system, the Yukan people met those of the Imum. They were an older race, although they were surprisingly small compared to the time they had been exploring space. Their philosophy was to expand slowly, but have a large military at hand.
The first contact resulted in peaceful relations for several decades. It was after the discovery that the Yukan had been funding the Omom's attacks into Imum territory that relations went sour.
The Consuls of the Senate at the time had thought that weakening the Imum would allow the Yukan people's to expand further, increasing their power overall while keeping their public opinion high. After the Imum found out, word quickly spread throughout the Yukan Republic and the Consuls were removed. But the relations stayed sour until war was finally declared by the Yukan.
The war started off good for the Yukan; they were able to conquer several worlds before the full force of the Imum stopped them. A huge stalemate occured for the better half of a year until a large push was made by the Imum. They broke through and were able to penetrate into the Delta worlds while ravaging the Omega worlds.
Peace was declared after several more months of fighting. The terms were harsh for the Yukan people:
1. Twelve(12) Omega worlds and two(2) Delta worlds would be taken from the Yukan and given to the Imum, the Omega worlds for their own profit while the two(2) Delta worlds would form a buffer zone.
2. Imum forces would be placed on Yuka (the Yukan homeworld) to watch over the government.
3. The Yukan military would be downsized to only one carrier group while the ground forces would be one thousand (1,000) Yukans per planet.
4. Payments would be sent to the Imum until the damages were covered (which would be determined by the Imum government).
5. Relations between the Yukan and the Omom would be suspended until further notice.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 04:16:27 pm by josasa »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 11:39:51 am »
"We would like to put forward our amendments to the Republic's Laws and Law Enforcement Guidelines.

• Instead of Prison Sentences, those arrested of a crime must pay a fine, if their crime was theft, fraud, assault, or anything other than treason, murder or bad assault. This shall not only punish the inidividual, but make the State Richer- money with which we shall help you. These fines are designed to be crippling: sufferers must take out loans and the like to pay them off. This helps fund our banks and dissuade people from criminal activity.
  • It is, of course likely, that Criminals will not be able to pay these crimes. In this case, they shall be taken to labour camps where they shall work, earning a wage that will pay off thier debt. Food and the like that they eat will be taken out of thier 'wages'. Criminals could remain in these camps for years at a time. Whilst in a camp, they will also be taught skills to enable them to get a higher-quality occupation when they get out, dissuading them from further crime and bulking up our workforce.
  • We advocate the use of force to stop Criminals, Pirates, and Enemies of the State. We would allow our brave officers in the street the ability to use extreme force when people resist arrest. If Yukans attempt to escape custody our officers whould be able to execute them on the spot.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.