Author Topic: Government RP  (Read 13393 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
Re: Government RP
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 12:24:56 am »
I like this.  I might have to think of a really "out there" party.

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 12:44:47 am »
"The YNU would like to thank all that voted for them. You are making the state move towards a superpower, in a galaxy where Yukan and only Yukan exist, and everyone is equal. You have the potential to become great, but you have not yet had the means. We are the means! We will bring the Imum and Omom under our control, and enslave them until they are all dead and have made the state even stronger! Then their blood debt to us will be repaid! We will also destroy the pirates, and make sure they never threaten our trade and transport again!

I know what you all think. The rich have too much power and too much wealth. You are all struggling to survive with the measly amount of money you earn for your hard labour, while those rich scumbags lie around in their mansion doing absoloutely nothing, and raking in more money then you do in a lifetime! Well I agree with you! I promise that if my party gets into power, the wealth will be taken from the rich and shared amongst everyone else! I promise our economy will prosper, and there will be even more wealth to share!

The military is weak. It has too few soldiers in it. We Yukan are powerful warriors, but we need numbers! I will bring you numbers! I will make sure anyone who joins the military for 5 years or more will get many bonuses that other Yukan do not get! That, my friends, should be enough incentive to help in the war against the enemies that surround us! The Yukan that join the military have agreed to give their life for the state if needed, and so they should be treated well before the time may come!

Our military shall take over the jobs of the police, as we do not need two organisations that can become one in a flash. Almost all crimes will be punishible by death, which will help deter any law breakers from practising their vulgar art, and it will also get rid of any troublesome members of the community that can weaken the state.

Our industry is weak. It is also only in the Alpha Systems. I will make our industry strong by making the industry owned by the state, meaning there will be no corruption and everything will be much more efficient. The industry will be second only to the people and the military! I will expand it, until we are completely self sufficient, and prepared for everything!

The YNU, working for the people, working for the State."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:55:57 am by TaylorFlame »

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 01:46:38 am »
The Yukan Scientific League

Alas in these dark days it seems it is much easier to turn to aggressive ways of government, ones that claim instant results and a bloody payback or those that talk about the struggle, but these are all but words. Do you really want more blood shed? More wars, more chaos and neglecting, more people to blame for the wrongs of the war? No! We all had enough of this; this is our time to prosper. This is a democracy for goodness' sake! Don’t let those wishing to take the power from your hands rise as we all seen in the past the results…

Very few of the candidates really offered you something new, most of them wish to gain power just to have it, not to make a change. We offer you a new way to live your lives, a new god to worship, and a new savor, Science. Science will bring you food, science will make your lives easier, and science will increase the trade and help the economy grow! We know science isn't an instant solution, but in the long term it will help our nation return to its former glory.

We agree for allied relations with the “Social-Liberal Party for the Yukan” as they speak about important values and relate to the same classes our party mainly relates to. Also we think debate and agreement is important and is the only way to run a democratic republic.

But enough of just talking, you people want deeds, “actions”? I shall tell you what we will fight for in government and senate:

Adding Technocrats to all the life fields. No longer corrupted Yukans shall rule the rest, now the best and most fitting for every subject would be those in rule, or at list will advise those who need the information. This way we shall cut through the bureaucracy with an improved order.

The increase of education to all. The classes makes us divided, to be united we must all be educated and learn, that way there will be less lower classes and more middle class citizens and that way a single class would be the most common one and equality shall reign.

Support all forms of research. As mentioned before research is our only way for progress. New tools, new ways, new inventions, all shall put the Yukan race supreme. Many of you might disrespect this and think that in dark times research is a waist of resources, but believe me the next time a crucial inventions would be invented and your lives would be so much better you will know who to turn your thanks to. Think about life without entrainment holograms, without hyperspace, without advanced recycling, these are the things that makes us better than the savages Imum.

Sick of all the competition, of all those 80 votes parties fighting against each other? Then in the future vote with a united voice for the league of science.

Offline flames

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Life is what you make it .Mine's a video game
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 01:56:50 am »
Oh may I join?What if anouther type of creature wanted to try and be elected?
http://

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 05:39:59 am »
"I would like to thank the Yukan people for their support! 56 seats, not nothing! Finally we have a say in things! Our coalition with the Scientific League is sure to bear its fruit. We will make a proposal to the 'audeti Union to increase police funding, and we will personally reward districts where we had the majority vote!"

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 09:50:38 am »
Oh may I join?What if anouther type of creature wanted to try and be elected?

You can join, but what creature were you thinking of running?

A vote have been submitted by the YMTL (i just thought that everyone should be able to submit votes, but try to keep them one at a time...). Here it is:
Reduction of Taxes
Senator of the YMTL party proposes that the taxes be lowered from their current 17% (How much to you want to lower it Balth?).

In the event of a proposal, each creator chooses which way their party votes. Remember, each party is pretty much a totalitarian system. Pretty much all votes will go one way, because if they didn't, some sort of accident might occur to the Senators that didn't vote accordingly...

3/5 (301/500) votes are needed for the passing of a bill. And here's another little thing i'm adding.

There are two Consul positions in the Yukan Senate which act as a figurehead. Their elections are at seperate times as the Senate itself. The two highest parties elect one of their own to the seat of Consul. If that party has over 300 seats, then they are able to choose both of the Consuls. There has not been an election of the Consuls yet, so the Liberals still have both Consul positions.

Consuls have the ability 'veto' a proposed bill. This forces the bill into a re-vote in which 4/5 (401/500) of the senate must approve.

Current Events
With so many seats taken by parties that call for a build up in the army as well as fighting against pirates, the Imum have recently stepped up their funding of pirating ships, and have issued threats to the Yukan Republic, calling for the removal of these aggresive parties. These threats are mainly directed at the liberals themselves, pushing them to keep control in the Senate with their Consul positions...

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 10:23:23 am »
I would like to lower taxes to 10% on all, and to 5% of thier total on Businesses.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 10:32:45 am »
For now, unless other educated opinions would persuade us other ways the YSC are against this law. Now is not the time to invest in private businesses trade and luxuries. This money is desperately needed by the government to support the repairing of the damages of the war.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 12:19:54 pm »
The People's 'audeti Union

"Praise be to 'audet! Truly this election has shown that He continues to bless and watch over our people. Yukans, we thank you for your faith in the P'AU. We will live up to our promises, and restore the republic to ancient glory! Even now I have instructed my troops to step up law enforcement and social services on the Outer Rim Worlds... not until the least of us can sleep upon full stomaches without fear for their lives can I rest in this endevor.

I would also like to take this opportunity to chastise the YSL, and all who supported them in this election. In his post-election speech, Professor Maldro said: "We offer you a new way to live your lives, a new god to worship, and a new sav(i)or, Science.". Besides being a horrible blaspheme against 'audet (or, perhaps one of the greater gods of our Republic), it is simply idiocy. Their blind faith in technology as a cure for our society's ills is what has caused it to degenerate to its current position  in the first place! A smaller computer chip will not solve hunger in the Outer Rim, a faster transpod won't give an orphan girl a foster parent. Concerted social improvement on the part of the government, and individual Yukans will save the Republic, and improve it.

And now to the future! We have three main goals during this term of the Senate:

1) Increased Aid To The Poor: The poor need our support! I know that the corporate bigwigs continue to push the Doctrine of Societal Evolution, but that is simply hogwash! A poor Yukan is no different from a rich one, save perhaps that he was not born in as fortutious a location or time. As I child, I lived among many poor turbega farmers- They were kind, and certainly very clever. But their lack of formal education and limited literacy allowed them to be swindled by their landlords and by their merchants. We must allocate more money to provide education programs for the poor, as well as simple financial aid, to help them pull themselves out of debt and into financial independance!

2) Cut Corruption In Government: There is too much political patronage and nepotism in our government. Complete idiots are installed into the highest positions of our government because they 'know someone' or bribed their way into that position. This has to stop! To do so, I propose before the senate the Civil Service Bill which would mandate the gradual phasing out of patronage positions, and the institution of government exams for anyone who wished to be employed in the Federal Government.

3) Eliminating The Foreigners: The Omum, Imum, and Pirates are all a threat to our stability. The Imum are (at least somewhat) civilized. I have sent diplomats to them to attempt to lower hostilities, and begin some sort of amicable trade relation. If the Imum accept, then they are likely to want to protect trade carvans from pirates as much as we do (which cuts our own piracy prevention in half!). The Omum... the Omum will be dealt with in good time.

One thing further: I would support the YMTL's bill if it were ammended. I understand that business interests much be allowed some breathing room to recuperate and fuel our economy, but 5% is simply too low! I propose a 7% tax on business. And a decreasing scale of 20-2% taxation, more taxation for those with higher income, lower taxation for those with less.

P’AU: Help Us To Bring Back Eden"

Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 01:32:42 pm »
The Social-Liberals second the Civil Service Bill, and reject the YMTL's proposal.

"We make a motion to the Consuls; to increase the taxes for the middle-class, in order to sustain the higher classes, who in turn sustain the lower class."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 03:33:03 pm »
Reduction of Taxes Bill
A Senator of the YMTL proposes that the taxes be lowered in this form:
Change the taxation for business to 7% and taxation for population on the basis of higher taxation for the wealthy and lower for the poor.
Upper Class- 20%
Upper-Middle Class- 15.5%
Middle Class- 11%
Middle-Lower Class- 6.5%
Lower Class- 2%
Reduction of Taxes Bill Voting Results
Total Aye! 171     Nay! 130
-(YMTL Votes) Aye! 74
-(S-L Votes) Nay! 56
-(P'aU Votes) Aye! 97
-(YNU Votes) Nay! 74

Civil Service Bill
A Senator of the P'aU proposes that exams are taken to approve entry into the Yukan Government. It also proposes that positions deemed wasteful be abolished.
-Civil Sevice Bill Voting Results
Total Aye! 333     Nay! 0
-(P'aU Votes) Aye! 97
-(S-L Votes) Aye! 56
-(YNU Votes) Aye! 74
-(YMTL Votes) Aye! 74
-(YSC Votes) Aye! 32
Passed!

Vetoed!

(look back to this post as more votes come in. It will be updated)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:43:32 pm by josasa »

Offline TaylorFlame

• Adventure Ace
  • LOOK A MUSLIM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 12:23:20 am »
The YNU is for both the Reduction of Taxes Bille and the Civili Service Bill

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 12:34:10 am »
As mentioned before the YSC are against the "Reduction of Taxes Bill".

The YSC is for the "Civil Service Bill"! Clearly a very good idea and a very important law. I am sure all of the YSC party members would excel in those tests.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 08:40:24 am »
"These proposed taxes are preposterous! The Lower Classes must pay more. We call for a single tax rate for every Yukan: 10%!"

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 11:24:05 am »
"The Yukan Militaristic Trade League would like to accept the proposal of the People's 'audeti Union. We would like to show our heartfelt support for the Civil Service Bill.

We would also like to express disdain at those who voted against the lowering of commercial taxes. Surely, you see that if is your party's reponsilbility to ensure the growth of business? Surely, you realise that a if business booms, the lower taxes will yield as much revenue as the higher would, without the boom? Then, surely, you would vote for the Law?

We are staying true to the Traditions of the old, yet bringing about the dawn of a new era. Past glories must be forgotten in favour of new glories: tired concepts of giving aid directly to the poor rather than allowing a healthy economy to grow are not welcome here.

Our party is the Future. The YMTL: Prosperity, Protection, Power."
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.