Author Topic: I hate Tech Support/Fink's Xbox live problem  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
I hate Tech Support/Fink's Xbox live problem
« on: February 03, 2007, 11:52:12 pm »
Ok, First I'll tell you the problem (maybe someone can fix it)

I can't do private chats on my Xbox 360. It's my router, I think some ports are blocked and it keeps failing every time I join a chat.

It works fine if I plug into my modem. So if you know what ports need to be open just stop reading this and tell me… please  ;D

Anyway, I went to the linksys web site, it doesn't say anything about Xbox live. So I go to Microsoft support, all of the Xbox related help is for the Xbox 1. So I go to the Xbox live site. I find a support page, and it doesn't have my problem.

So I decided to contact support. I hate contacting support.
I sent them an Email since I don't want to chat or talk to them on the phone.

They gave me a tracking number for my problem. Well guess what? There’s no place to put the tracking number to look up the statues of my problem!

So this is kind of a dual topic. If you know anything that could help, please post. Other then that:

Post your experiences with contacting support on anything (Doesn't have to be Microsoft)

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: I hate Tech Support/Fink's Xbox live problem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 12:02:05 am »
I suppose your best bet is to look for a tutorial on port forwarding. Then you could still go through your router.

As for which ports exactly, I have no idea either.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:41:21 am »
Go to www.rinkworks.com/stupid and then go down to "stupid tech support" for loads more on this subject.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 03:53:12 pm »
Microsoft's tech support sucks I've called them a few times about my copies of oblivion getting scratched and the best advice they managed to give me was put some towels under the consol. Grabted I havent had any scratched disks but seriously something sounds dodgey.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 06:59:42 pm »
You could try the DMZ.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 02:54:25 pm »
When my family switched internet providers, we couldn't get our modem working. I called tech support, and for over an hour me and the techie couldn't figure out the problem. But I got a strange feeling whenever I asked him a more involved technical question, as he'd try to change the subject right away. Suspicious, I took out the manual and realized that all he'd been doing was reading from the friggin' thing the whole time, word for word...Damn you Massilon Cable!!

'nyways, Cobra, I'm not sure if this is common knowledge to y'all, but you can't stand your 360 upright. It might be an advertised feature but it causes connection problems, heating issues, and of course, disk scratching.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 04:22:40 pm »
http://portforward.com/ They have guides on 360 Xbox live.
They're collectible! Sorta...

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 08:52:00 pm »
When my family switched internet providers, we couldn't get our modem working. I called tech support, and for over an hour me and the techie couldn't figure out the problem. But I got a strange feeling whenever I asked him a more involved technical question, as he'd try to change the subject right away. Suspicious, I took out the manual and realized that all he'd been doing was reading from the friggin' thing the whole time, word for word...Damn you Massilon Cable!!

'nyways, Cobra, I'm not sure if this is common knowledge to y'all, but you can't stand your 360 upright. It might be an advertised feature but it causes connection problems, heating issues, and of course, disk scratching.

Trust me I dont stand it up i leave it flat it still hates oblivion disks

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 09:44:03 am »
http://portforward.com/ They have guides on 360 Xbox live.

Yeah, I remember that site. I went there and did what they said, but it's still not working

Sigh, I guess I just have to unplug my router, and direct connect to the modem every time I want to chat outside a game.

What an age we live in!

/Sarcasm

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 06:58:45 pm »
Ok, it's a NAT error. I might be able to fix it, but I need someone to be online to try and talk to. If anyone who is going to be online tonight and wants to help please send me a message on xbox live.

Thank you  :)

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 12:55:30 pm »
Ok, it's a NAT error. I might be able to fix it, but I need someone to be online to try and talk to. If anyone who is going to be online tonight and wants to help please send me a message on xbox live.

Thank you  :)

Let me know if you still need some help and I'll log on to help.  Or you could just go all Jack Bauer and have Chloe open up some ports for you...

That's a 24 reference there...
Yankees rule, Red Sox drool!

www.poweruser.tv     I'm Joel

Get

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 08:28:11 am »

Actually my 360 works perfectly upright, its only when horizontal that things screw up. Think about it, the fans are at the back of the system, and the ventilation is on the sides where the holes are. When upright there is a much larger area covered up than when horizontal, if anything, you are more likely to be the victim of over heating when it is mounted horizontally.