Author Topic: Try this: VI Evolver  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
Try this: VI Evolver
« on: July 01, 2005, 02:10:19 pm »
http://www.qflux.net/downloads.html
VI Evolver

A simulator kind of like the underwater stage of Spore - the creature evolves to become a more efficient swimmer for the type of food it likes to eat.

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Re: Try this: VI Evolver
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 05:02:38 pm »
I don't really think it does. It just sort of aimlessly drifts and stretches and contorts into a new shape and color scheme. After forcing it to evolve about 200 times, it was mainly the same thing over and over, although I did manage to get this weird hammerhead like thing going on after a while.

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 05:34:15 pm »
I don't really think it does. It just sort of aimlessly drifts and stretches and contorts into a new shape and color scheme. After forcing it to evolve about 200 times, it was mainly the same thing over and over, although I did manage to get this weird hammerhead like thing going on after a while.

In the instructions it says if you force it to evolve, it has to start from the beginning, but if left to it's own devices, it gets better at going after the food it likes. It doesn't change drastically - it's always a 4 legged thing with a tail and a head, i think, but it does evolve. read the instructions for a little more info.

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 06:58:29 pm »
I still don't believe them. All it does is bend and move. In fact, it's swim pattern is even programmed. I had it evolved with little to no flippers, and it wasn't moving, but it still glided around in a circular motion (opposite of its head location).

Offline Satryghen

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 07:47:07 pm »
I played with mine for a while and it didn't seem to change much during the course of about an hour, it also seemed to do this weird thing where it was making a collection of this little colored shapes in a corner, almost like it was making a nest.   It's a interesting little product just wish it did more, and really pretty in the graphics department.

-Satryghen

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 09:13:26 pm »
it always has an error every time I try and play it  :-\

Offline itit2

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 08:10:37 am »
i had the same problem, if your running it from the desktop shortcut try running it from the .exe wherever you installed it.

it may not be great but it's better than a multicoloured box as a screen saver
'don't think of yourself as an ugly person, rather a beuatiful monkey'

Offline Anou Mawi

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 02:13:05 pm »
That doesn't help.(I have the same problem)