Author Topic: A "Rebirth" in Last-Gen Gaming  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
Re: A "Rebirth" in Last-Gen Gaming
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 08:08:12 pm »
A 2 horse race could be interesting if one of the 3 go down. Still be nice to give Sony a big kick up the pants.

Hell no! If it was Microsoft or Sony that lost, then the remaining one would rape all the consumers; because really, there's a huge chunk of gamers out there who'd rather play Halo or God of War with a regular controller than mess with the Wii. Nintendo can't really compete for that crowd. And if Nintendo were go out of buisness, that'd just plain suck! Why don't we just kill Jesus while we're at it?!

Jesus? JESUS!? This is Mario we're talking about! Can Jesus shoot fireballs?

I'm really happy that I decided to trade in my GC and Xbox rather than my PS2 to raise funds for the 360. I'm having tons of fun with Shadow of the Colossus and Katamari. My PS2 is getting more use now than ever. But it does kind of make me question Sony's faith in the PS3. If they really think it would succeed, wouldn't it make more business sense to concentrate solely on the PS3? If the old well isn't dry, why drill a new one?

But Billet Witch is coming out for 360, and SSBB is coming for Wii, so the PS2 will be lonely again.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 08:21:45 pm »
I think it was a very smart move for Sony to make God of War II for the PS2 rather than for the PS3. The original God of War sold so well because it was on a popular platform (the PS2) and the gameplay was super-fun, yet easy to understand.

Sony could have made God of War II for the PS3 and taken another three years building a new game from the ground up, or they could make it for the PS2, which would take a relatively short amount of time to churn out, furthur build up the franchise's popularity, and sell a lot more copies of the game. Then, by the time God of War III on PS3 is released, there will be many more PS3's out there, and people will be more familiar with the franchis.

Besides, it gives people something to play while they wait for the PS3's price to drop a bit, rather than going out and buying a competitior's product.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 08:29:58 pm »
Yeah I sorta wish Microsoft gave a rat's ass about their last-gen console. That's one lesson I wish they'd learn from Sony. The PS2 is getting so many good games recently, that last year I was tempted to buy a PS2 instead of a 360, which I'm sure a lot of people did.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 09:17:14 pm »
I don't think it was really all Microsoft's fault; just about all developers abandoned the original Xbox once the 360 shipped.

The reason Sony and so many third-party's are still sticking to the PS2 and are still making games for it is because there are over 110 million PS2's out there. The number of potential buyers for a PS2 game is huge.

And I would reccomend the PS2 over any other console right now. There are simply a massive amount of games for the system, and now that we are getting to the end of the system's lifecycle, many of the system's AAA titles can be found for $10-$30. I've had my PS2 since 2002, and I still have a huge list of games I would love to play on the system.

Besides, the "new" slimline model is downright sexy! I still can't get over how tiny that thing is!