Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 396976 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #5250 on: May 20, 2017, 12:24:32 pm »
My housemate physically attacked me, and when I called the police they said that he'll probably lie and say I attacked him too. After they finished talking to him, he did lie, claiming 'self defense.' Note: I have never met anyone less confrontational than myself. I've never harmed another human. Ever. As a result, they said that I can either pretend like I wasn't assaulted by the now felon I live with, or I can join him in court because "he said, she said" is apparently the dominant form of 'investigation' here.

So now I live with a violent sociopath and there is literally nothing I can do about it, since I can't afford to put cameras everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:26:07 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: May 20, 2017, 01:44:42 pm »
How soon can you move out?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: May 20, 2017, 01:50:37 pm »
I have no money. No credit, nothing. There is **** all that I can do.

And I'm pretty sure he's trying to get me evicted via the landlord and lies since I don't have said landlord's number.

Every time I move, there is a messed up dickwad that makes my life hell. It is a universal constant.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:52:35 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: May 20, 2017, 02:08:53 pm »
could just be a Florida constant
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: May 20, 2017, 02:48:07 pm »
I can't argue with that theory.

Florida Man is everywhere.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: June 14, 2017, 11:02:51 pm »
My shower water has so much iron in it that it smells and tastes like blood.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5256 on: June 15, 2017, 05:12:18 pm »
sounds edgy
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: June 15, 2017, 10:45:54 pm »
You're not living on top of an old Indian burial ground, are you?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #5258 on: June 16, 2017, 02:43:42 pm »
I guess no one will notice if you kill someone in there.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: June 27, 2017, 03:46:41 am »
I am partnered with a grossly unprofessional classmate for a clerkship.

The guy yawns, curses, mumbles, slurps coffee, and eats in front of patients while we're doing what is basically an observership type thing. He tries to engage me in conversation about how ****ty his days are (due to problems he brings upon himself) when we should be learning. He shows no enthusiasm. We had a small break today and he went out and got himself a mojito (which I understand typically doesn't have much alcohol, but come on man don't ****ing drink before heading into a clinic). The worst part is that somehow he actually is super knowledgeable for how far along we are in our schooling, so he could be doing great. It's just this bizarre attitude that what we're doing right now doesn't matter because it's not graded, so he feels like he can **** around as long as he shows up and gets marked for attendance.

Also, I may be too non-confrontational. Yesterday we got lunch together and he sniped 1/3rd of my meal. Today he asked if I would pay for our lunch because he "paid yesterday." He did not pay yesterday. I ordered my own food, he just treated it like it was his.

Also, the dude is ****ing deranged. Let's make a list.
  • He believes there is a powerful ley line intersection in our city through which he can siphon spiritual energy
  • He believes in chi healing (he once tried to heal my backache by "harnessing the kundalini energy of his root chakra and channeling it through the third eye")
  • He believes in crystal healing
  • He believes that he can have telepathic conversations with people while he is on LSD and MDMA. One of these conversations caused him to "convert to Christianity," though as far as I'm aware Christians don't believe in reincarnation. I also think Christians don't typically fast for Ramadan, as he claimed he was doing.
  • He once said he was having a telepathic conversation with a literal demon and angel during a class.
  • He believes he can telepathically remove stress from people. He believes he is responsible for alleviating the stress my class had at the beginning of our studies (not perhaps the more rational explanation that we got used to school).
  • He thinks he can cause dogs outside our dormitory to bark or calm down from his room
  • He believes he can "control vibes" with music. To an extent this is true, but he thinks he summoned police to a party because his vibes were too intense, and he also thinks he caused gunshots outside the dorms because he was playing rap. Also, they were not gunshots, they were fireworks.
  • He thinks LGBT people are trying to "push a foreign agenda onto Russia" and that Russian crackdowns on their LGBT population are justified. (He's ethnically Russian)
  • He routinely uses the n-word, even in public areas.
  • He threatened to fight a classmate, during class (our prof was out of the room for a few minutes), after they had a loud argument over bull****.
  • He threatened to fight a classmate over facebook. He had missed class, and had to choose a topic for a presentation. He ended up choosing a topic for a presentation that had already been chosen by another student, and when corrected he chose another topic that had already been chosen. When corrected again, he became upset that he had spent two hours working on his presentation. The student who corrected him told him to stop sleeping in class and maybe he would know who was doing which presentation. He replied to that student by saying he should "stop hiding behind a screen like a *****, and meet me in a designated area like a real man."
  • He really likes DMT, LSD, MDMA. I don't have a problem with that by itself, but at least he should understand they're ****ing drugs and not gateways to spiritual enlightenment and oneness with the universe.

On one hand, the guy clearly has some undiagnosed mental problem. I don't know what. On the other hand, he's also an *******. Maybe that's a function of the other things.  I don't know, it seems like I should tell him "You're ****ed in the head, see a shrink" or some variation of that statement. If he wasn't trying to become a doctor I wouldn't be as concerned, but considering that he is...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:52:51 am by Gungnir »

Online Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: June 27, 2017, 03:56:32 am »
he thinks he summoned police to a party because his vibes were too intense

That one actually sounds possible and plausible.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: June 27, 2017, 04:16:53 am »
Jesus Christ. Report that dude right now. Gather evidence of his ridiculous beliefs and stupid behaviour and rat him out. Someone like that should NOT be a doctor, no matter how knowledgeable he apparently is :U
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: June 27, 2017, 04:22:00 am »
He's ethnically Russian

You could have saved yourself a lot of writing if you'd just put this first.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: June 27, 2017, 04:26:06 am »
Watch your mouth boy, I'm ethnically half Russian.

Mess with the cheeki, you get the breeki.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: June 27, 2017, 04:31:06 am »
He sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic. His beliefs are identical to those of one I knew (like uncannily similar).

The only clinic he has business in is a psychiatrist's.

EDIT: Also why does he love psychedelics so much when he sees false patterns in everything anyway?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:36:20 am by Brandonazz »