Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 583100 times)

Offline Great Distance

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #4650 on: August 14, 2016, 09:45:15 pm »
Now if anyone wanted to pay me, that would be a different story. My current rate at my job is 16 euros per hour. So let's say my rate for art is 15 euros per hour. That hand drawing took me about 2 hours, so 30 euros. Some of my comics took me half an hour, so 7 euros. Kinda cheap. Now if you wanted to see artwork that is worth 150 euros, and looks like it, that would take me 10 hours to make. With my studies and responsibilities, and still leaving time for fun, I ain't got time for that.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: August 15, 2016, 01:36:15 am »
If it's any consolation GD, I think it looked lovely. That being said, I'm with Ink on Pat just trying to make a joke and kinda botching the delivery.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: August 15, 2016, 02:56:29 am »
Wait what?

GD I was actually just thinking yesterday that those tree hands you drew in the dream topic look really good and how much you've improved over the years.

But now I read further and apparently it was Pat. But I refuse to retract my compliment. So there.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4653 on: August 15, 2016, 08:38:21 am »
GD, please.  Pat made a joke that went wrong.  You're part of this community and we all want you to be here.

I am standing my ground on this. I did nothing wrong.

We absolutely want you here, GD. I'm sure maybe we want you a little less when you're acting like this, just like anyone would want to be around me less when I have my own issues. Please talk with us when and if you feel the need to. We're here for you, even if you disappear for a while and come back. We're gonna be here for you! <3

Offline Great Distance

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: August 15, 2016, 10:25:18 pm »
Nah, it's all good. I just came up with a solid way to bill my drawings if I ever need it. I mean my current job is only part-time so... who knows.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4655 on: August 23, 2016, 01:32:23 pm »
How ****ing hard is it for human beings to wipe the knife clean before switching to a different type of food or spread?

Why is there peanut butter in the jam jar? I'll tell you why. Because someone is a ****ing retard.

Friendly advice for you guys for the future: cutting a birthday cake? CLEAN THE ****ING KNIFE OFF AFTER EACH SLICE SO YOU AREN'T DEMOLISHING THE ICING WITH THAT EXTRA HALF-INCH OF STUCK-ON CAKE THAT HAS SURROUNDED YOUR KNIFE.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: August 23, 2016, 07:44:43 pm »
There's an ad they've been playing for a while on a local radio station.  One of the dj's talks about how much she loves candy, and that she's always sneaking some and she knows it's a bad habit.  Which is why she's so glad that she could pick up some new candy flavored liquid at the local vape shop.

**** everyone involved in this.  Selling nicotine as candy should be illegal and whatever regulatory or legislative body that's relevant is negligent in not cracking down on vaping sooner.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: August 23, 2016, 09:42:52 pm »
Yeah. Interesting.

Is it any worse then candy itself being peddled to kids? Like, is vaping as dangerous as sugar?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: August 23, 2016, 09:44:29 pm »
I'm pretty sure sweet tarts aren't going to lead into lung cancer.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: August 23, 2016, 10:13:14 pm »
Hm, but it can lead to obesity and diabetes, is addictive and readily accessible.

Has vaping been shown to increase cancer risks?

IDK why I'm defending vaping g I just find it interesting you're mad at this instance of advertising and not others
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: August 23, 2016, 10:35:16 pm »
Because I deeply hate tobacco and vaping is the same crap in a shiny new unregulated package.  Selling it as a way to cut back on or replace cigarettes is one thing.  Selling it as a healthy alternative to candy is garbage.  Flavored tobacco was banned because it was seen as marketing it to kids.  As soon as vaping cropped up, the marketing for it started doing every single thing that has been banned for tobacco over the years, shy of a cartoon mascot.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: August 24, 2016, 01:22:45 am »
Well Ink we've got a bigsurprise for you! Vape Ape, come out onto the stage!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4662 on: August 24, 2016, 09:25:10 am »
Because I deeply hate tobacco and vaping is the same crap in a shiny new unregulated package.  Selling it as a way to cut back on or replace cigarettes is one thing.  Selling it as a healthy alternative to candy is garbage.  Flavored tobacco was banned because it was seen as marketing it to kids.  As soon as vaping cropped up, the marketing for it started doing every single thing that has been banned for tobacco over the years, shy of a cartoon mascot.

And the worst part is that these "vape companies" are generally subsidiaries of the existing tobacco companies.

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4663 on: August 27, 2016, 10:08:22 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebYuKP-6BA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebYuKP-6BA</a>

"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #4664 on: August 28, 2016, 10:21:32 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-FvRyQOlbc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-FvRyQOlbc</a>

SO HUMANGUS BIG!