Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 392012 times)

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #3345 on: September 13, 2012, 01:57:56 am »
I may have scabies. This sucks, but I will be able to remove this infestation!
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: September 24, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »
I'm afraid.

I'm constantly afraid.

At least back when I was an insufferable twit, I had the guts to say things directly to you guys.

Now? Now it just feels like I'm giving myself a "The Reason You Suck" speech in the mirror.

And I do this every day. Every moment I live, in the back of my mind, the voices tell me exactly how many and which ways I could die, alone and in the most painful manner possible.

Every night as I sleep, my luck runs out in Dreamland, and I watch as life takes back everything it ever handed to me, and plunges me to the brink. And then? Then it doesn't kill me. Because that's my punishment: having to spend the rest of my days here alone and afraid.

When I finally wake up in the morning, I realized I've lucked out. Why do I say that?

I don't know about you, but I haven't earned a single day I've spent under the sun.

The more I learn, the more it feels like nothing I've ever done means anything.

My greatest triumphs? Empty.

My failures? There's always something worse happening to someone.

And on top of it all, my life's been downright awesome! So, really...

I have nothing to blame but myself.
How's it feel, knowing you've got a dirty, sniveling coward on your forum? Doesn't feel so good, does it?

Now you know how everyone who even bothers to put up with me feels.

I couldn't even be there when a close friend needed me most, and now... he's been stuck in his house for the last three years, has to take over a hundred pills a day, and with all of that, he could die at any moment.

It should have been me. I should have been there, but I was too afraid of the crossfire to even see my friend take a bullet. "Bullet," in this case, being a tick bite, that is.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Online Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: September 24, 2012, 06:50:57 pm »
For what it's worth, Gnoll, I don't think you're a coward. I just think you're human.

I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I know what it feels like to hate oneself virulently and totally, and I don't think anyone deserves that. So please, for your sake, stop focusing on the big picture and start focusing on your details. Stop carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Also, have you felt this way for longer than a year or so? I think a psychiatrist might be for your benefit if you can afford it, this sounds like it could be depression.

I like you, Gnoll, even if you don't. I hope that means something.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #3348 on: September 24, 2012, 07:23:26 pm »
Gnoll,

You are depressed. You are not a coward. What you feel is overwhelming you. You seem consumed in guilt over your friend. There is probably nothing you could do to help him from the tick bite. You can still be a friend and keep contact with him if it helps you. No one is worthless, everyone has value including you. You may never be aware of the impact you have on people and who has been touched by you.

Try to start thinking things in a more affirmative way. Instead of finding things you hate about yourself, find something you like. Stop the negative thoughts from having space in your head. You might consider talking to a therapist. Do your parents know how you feel? Please get some help.

Your life has been awesome? GREAT!!!
You can find others who have it worse? That's okay!! It means you have perspective and can realize the good things.

You can't feel guilt for the things that happen in someone else's life. It's their journey, their life, don't take away their experiences. Let them live it their way and you enjoy your own journey.

I'm glad you are on our forum. Be grateful for the good things in your life and please don't wish for death. Life is a precious gift, for all of us. Trust me, in five years, things will look very different for you.

~ M

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 01, 2012, 08:46:26 pm »
Ok so maybe this is a bit odd but I figure since we're all gamers maybe you guys can relate to me.

for about the past 5-7 years I've had the hardest time with completing games (as of right now I have about 13 games between steam and xbox I have half done) but no game seems to hold my attention, I get bored, or I start them up and I just feel like playing this is going to be a chore or boring and then shut it back down. I kind of feel like personally this is due in part to my early years of gaming, back when I was young, games were so awesome, everything was new and exciting and those games I always go back to and have played tons of times. Is it that I'm too forcibly trying to get back that nostalgic feeling I had when I played games back then and my expectations are too high for what I'm playing? For instance, I've been excited for GW2 for a long time and when I finally got my hands on it, I had so much fun and played it for days but then after 3-4 days that magic started to fade and now every time I boot it up I end up just closing it at the splash screen because I just don't feel like it.

why is it, through all these amazing games that come out, with great game play, great stories, and good graphics the only game I've ever truly gone back to, time and time again, that first thought in my mind when I don't know what else to play, is WoW, I don't know what it is about the game, the community is garbage, the game play is quite old and stale and the story is....well pretty bad. I have so many things I can say I hate about WoW but time and time again I come back to it, hell I've even gone so far to try and break my habits that I have completely deleted my accounts and characters and yet, here I am, for the 6th time rebooting the game and releveling the same class. Is it because this game was such a big part of when I was a kid? I remember such fond memories 7 years ago when it first came out and I started playing, it was something totally new, and yet 7 years later its so much different from what I remember, is it because I yearn for what I had back then that I always return to it? hoping I can just even for a small time relive those great memories that I hold so dear from when I was hanging out with friends long gone in the world of azeroth?

It's just been bothering me is all that these amazing games everybody else loves I try to play and just say "meh.." even though I know they're really great

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: October 02, 2012, 12:22:40 am »
Sounds like you grew up. :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Online Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: October 02, 2012, 07:00:11 am »
I'm angry with myself for not choosing AP Bio. I thought that my Biology class would get to become harder than the Biology class I took in 7th grade.

I was wrong, it's the same class, and now it's too late to switch. Stupid stupid stupid.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3352 on: October 02, 2012, 10:12:39 am »
It's high school.

They are lying to you about how important it is. College is when it sort of matters but not that much. They lied to you about that, too. :P

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 02, 2012, 10:24:36 am »
Getting an education is the most important part of your life!
Until you're done with it.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 02, 2012, 01:21:01 pm »
Guys, I have a problem. There just aren't enough problems in my life. Everything is good and I'm missing the feeling of constant anxiety and confusion. Help me.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 02, 2012, 02:07:57 pm »
You are a failure of the highest degree and no one will remember who you are as soon as anyone who was alive while you are dies.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 02, 2012, 02:10:10 pm »
I'm angry with myself for not choosing AP Bio. I thought that my Biology class would get to become harder than the Biology class I took in 7th grade.

I was wrong, it's the same class, and now it's too late to switch. Stupid stupid stupid.

Son, I took Sociology and Media Studies.

Bad subject decisions build character.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3357 on: October 02, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »
Sociology is one of the best classes you can take!

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: October 02, 2012, 04:11:38 pm »
I took music. Spent 4 months studying this masterpiece;

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eUBCBjunrc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eUBCBjunrc</a>

(Give it a listen!)
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21:37 am »

Son, I took Sociology and Media Studies.

Bad subject decisions build character.

Hey. Hey. I took those, and Theatre Studies, and I'm doing alright. I work in the oldest working theatre in England, in a start-up theatre company with some really talented people in a scheme our Artistic Director, the brother of comedian Chris Morris, said was the only one like it in the country, and I'm pretty sure there's a cute girl on the Front of House staff that's interested in me.

So, it's not the decisions you make in life, it's where you end up.