Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 252925 times)

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Dune II Spice Harvester
  • Big style.
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #3135 on: November 22, 2011, 02:17:02 am »
It's probably more of a cultural thing than something that can be blamed on cellphones. It's fine here.

My gripe? Little middle class kids here have American accents, or at least bad facsimiles of them. Thanks, nickelodeon.
I'll kiss anything that moves.

Offline UFO King

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: November 22, 2011, 02:22:17 am »
Hm, I didn't know American culture was a literal virus. It must be stopped.
On the other hand, now I really want to hear what a bad imitation of an American sounds like.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Person21

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: November 22, 2011, 02:33:33 am »
Dude once you have one, you will understand. The internet at your fingertips is just too much for some people.

I've had several and I don't currently own one, or have any interest in getting one.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
As a wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline sgore

• Boulder Dasher
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: November 22, 2011, 02:40:56 am »
Thanks, nickelodeon.

You are welcome Tesla.
As a token of our benevolence, here's the opening theme song to the Angry Beavers:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwjqVvHXDco" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwjqVvHXDco</a>
Their gripe is everything.

On the other hand, now I really want to hear what a bad imitation of an American sounds like.

Also, yes, this.
"Why yes, that is a comprehensive list of all the different ways you can incorrectly use a lampshade."

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #3139 on: November 22, 2011, 01:03:13 pm »
Our economy may be on the rocks right now, but our cultural hegemony is as strong as ever with no end in sight.

Your only choice is to capitulate. Don't fight it.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Bard's Tale Troubadour
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: November 22, 2011, 01:27:09 pm »

Search the forums for anything posted by Daxx.

-Lego

Offline martyk

• Arrgh, Me Be A Pirate!
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3141 on: November 22, 2011, 02:14:04 pm »
The 15th I had noticed Microsoft took 20 bucks from my account for 1600 microsoft points, I simply thought this was a mistake and would be corrected soon, until yesterday when I tried to log on to live and couldn't, I then checked my account from the computer and noticed not only were points bought, they were spent on a game.

I had made neither of those purchases and now I couldn't access my account, I put two and two together, someone stole my account and were making purchases under it.

Called Microsoft who insisted that my account was not stolen, and the reason I could not access it was because I was late on a payment (my bank statement said otherwise) he insisted that if I wanted the 20 bucks back to talk to my bank, he had no proof I didn't buy the points and spend them. So I sat there frustrated, logged on to Serenitys account and noticed my account on her friends list was online 15 minutes ago...playing a game I didn't own.

So I went online changed my password and then recovered my own gamertag essentially stealing my account back from him seeing as he was to stupid to change my password after he got it. Not that he needed to, he spent money on my account and could have downloaded every digital copy of every game I ever owned already.

Anyway after I recovered it voila, I could use it again, it was indeed because it was stolen not because I was late on a payment, that tech guy is a moron.

So now i'm off to fight with the bank and for my 20 bucks and cancel the card that was on that account.

I had this happen to me a few months ago.  Luckilly I managed to get everything back.  I had 50$ worth of microsoft points on my account.  The guy spent it all on clothes for Rock Band characters.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Kitkat

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: November 22, 2011, 07:16:31 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ixQr7-3hyI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ixQr7-3hyI</a>
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino
And The Ni'Calls

Offline eropS

• Dragon Warrior Slime
  • Dat klopt, ik was daar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: November 22, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »
LOL

Man i should really buy that one of these days.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3144 on: December 06, 2011, 02:47:33 am »

Here is my result form a lazy YouTube search, since I wanted to know too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpJ3yzUPbL0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpJ3yzUPbL0</a>
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:24:17 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #3145 on: December 06, 2011, 04:14:19 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbcgoIDVSA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbcgoIDVSA</a>
Play this while you read!

My gripe...

Skyward Sword is way too trigger happy when it comes to registering swings. Okay, so maybe my horizontal swing isn't PERFECTLY horizontal. But it sure as hell wasn't a vertical swing, so why did Link do a vertical swing?

This works both ways. It seems like the detection zone for swings is either too wide or too small. I can't really tell. But whether it's a quick flip of the wrist, a long and measured swing, or something in between the game wants to do its own thing. Which makes some of the later battles in the game against regular baddies and especially bosses infuriatingly difficult (and only because the controls aren't right). It sucks because as I play, I'm saying things like:

"This is crap! Who gave this the green light?"
"What the hell!?"
"Are you kidding me!?"
"Bull****!!"
"****ing insulting! Do they think I'm an idiot or something??"

These are things I've never said playing a Nintendo game before. Just about everything in Skyward Sword is awesome and fantastic. But the unreliable controls severely damage the experience of what could otherwise be one of the best entries in the Zelda series to date. I've definitely gotten better with the controls but I still find myself complaining out loud and becoming frustrated by what should be very simple tasks. It's disappointing.

Celdur and I were having a talk about some of this stuff earlier. The conclusion we arrived at was that Skyward Sword does motion controls infinitely better than just about every other game out there. And it still doesn't work. The benefits of motion controls in their current state do not outweigh the benefits of a "standard" control scheme.

Offline Doctor Z

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 06, 2011, 04:59:29 pm »
What I don't understand is why they don't have a calibration scheme. Not everyone is gonna do a horizontal swing the same, nor a vertical or other scheme. So why don't they have a screen where they say, "Okay, do a vertical swing.", and etc. for all the different swings, and use that instead of a predetermined swing? Is it that hard to do that kind of thing?
If you don't have definitions, then keekle urmph lurd autqus.

Offline Gauphastus

• Hang-On Daredevil
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3147 on: December 11, 2011, 01:14:39 pm »
That thing that OCRemix just put out with the BadAss boss themes or whatever..
I'm trying to salvage something from this, even one track out of the eighteen.
They're making this difficult.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #3148 on: December 11, 2011, 01:20:22 pm »
Ever since the Final Fantasy V remix project their work has gotten really bad. Whoever is directing the projects has either lost their ear or just doesn't have an ear for what type of music fits each game.

Also they seem to be doing them faster and faster, which is probably part of the problem.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Crossbow Sharpshooter
  • Ahhhh....nothing quite like the basics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: February 14, 2012, 11:42:00 pm »
Well, looks like my YouTube account has gotten hacked now, and the ass changed the password.