Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 553951 times)

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #1440 on: October 28, 2009, 09:56:49 am »
I have a deep gripe about people acting like something that theyre not
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • Oh just ****ing deal with it <3
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1441 on: October 28, 2009, 10:39:18 am »
I think our complains are somewhat tied together. We should be friends!

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 28, 2009, 11:08:44 am »

You must hate movies then. :/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 11:10:33 am by Grazony »

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 28, 2009, 12:12:25 pm »
^What he probably meant by that was, people who are fakes; conforming simply because they just want to be cool or to fit in. Conformity does exist, but to a degree, as we're all individuals in our own right.

However, not being yourself simply because you fear being rejected by society (or in a much smaller sense, your peers IE friends) is far from necessary. Sure changing yourself depending on a given situation is fine, but not showing the real you from time to time, or just not at all is pathetic.

Simply put: Be yourself, rejection and acceptance is a part of life. Get over it.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 28, 2009, 12:19:47 pm »

I hear dat. Fo sho.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1445 on: October 28, 2009, 12:26:01 pm »
You're back!! *hugs*  :)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 28, 2009, 12:27:01 pm »

I hear dat. Fo sho.

Hey, I'm the only negro here >.< stop dat!
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Great Distance

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 28, 2009, 12:30:35 pm »
^What he probably meant by that was, people who are fakes; conforming simply because they just want to be cool or to fit in. Conformity does exist, but to a degree, as we're all individuals in our own right.

However, not being yourself simply because you fear being rejected by society (or in a much smaller sense, your peers IE friends) is far from necessary. Sure changing yourself depending on a given situation is fine, but not showing the real you from time to time, or just not at all is pathetic.

Simply put: Be yourself, rejection and acceptance is a part of life. Get over it.

But how do you even know what's the real you? If you get angry when someone says something, but would normally keep it inside, is the real you the one who doesn't say anything or the one who gets pissed off and says hateful things in response? What if you'd like to talk to some person, but don't because you're too shy? Is the real you the one who would like to have a long nice conversation or the one that is afraid of talking to people?

The "real you" concept is mostly bollocks, in my opinion. People are capable of controlling the way they behave, so however you choose to behave yourself, isn't that still the real you? Or are you real to yourself only when you allow yourself to do whatever you please?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1448 on: October 28, 2009, 12:30:56 pm »
Hey, I'm the only negro here >.< stop dat!

Haw haw haw... it's ours now! Just like Jazz and Wayne Brady.

*evil laugh*

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1449 on: October 28, 2009, 12:37:38 pm »

But how do you even know what's the real you? If you get angry when someone says something, but would normally keep it inside, is the real you the one who doesn't say anything or the one who gets pissed off and says hateful things in response? What if you'd like to talk to some person, but don't because you're too shy? Is the real you the one who would like to have a long nice conversation or the one that is afraid of talking to people?

The "real you" concept is mostly bollocks, in my opinion. People are capable of controlling the way they behave, so however you choose to behave yourself, isn't that still the real you? Or are you real to yourself only when you allow yourself to do whatever you please?

Maybe you can think of it along the lines of authentic self and social self. Your authentic self is what you really want to do, what your heart desires. Your social self does what is expected of you and what others think you should do. Feeling anger would be an authentic feeling, not saying anything would be your social self. You should work toward being more authentic. Not being rude or mean to people but figuring out what you really want in life and what path you want to take.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1450 on: October 28, 2009, 12:38:56 pm »
Yeah... everyone has to play the game at some point if they want to get ahead. :(

gec05

« Reply #1451 on: October 28, 2009, 12:47:31 pm »
I can be mean if I want, but I know it doesn't benefit me either.

Other people can be mean if they want, but they need to understand why being nice will benefit them before they try to act like it.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #1452 on: October 28, 2009, 01:47:21 pm »
Oh, there are ways you can be mean and still benefit from it.  As Pat said, you just gotta know how to play the game.

gec05

« Reply #1453 on: October 28, 2009, 02:03:40 pm »
Thanks, but I'll stick to my methods.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #1454 on: October 28, 2009, 03:52:19 pm »
It is almost 7 o'clock. After two more pushed back deadlines and nearly an hour of delays, I stumble upon this:

The Valve Team Usergroup.

What game is are they playing?
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.