Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 553963 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #1200 on: September 21, 2009, 07:59:11 am »
You get to your senior year of high school, take 7 AP classes, and then talk to me about homework, boy.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 21, 2009, 12:01:46 pm »
No right to complsin, rys.  Someone I know takes Honors pre-calc, snd they're a sophomore.

Gpt a gripr:  Wii keyboars SUCKS.  The letters are so close together.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 21, 2009, 12:13:53 pm »
Then do us all a favor and don't use them.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 21, 2009, 12:28:36 pm »
Then do us all a favor and don't use them.

I won't unless it's necessary.  I get Wii internet from a different spot than PC internet, so if PC internet is down I use Wii.  Plus I might try and get a USB keyboard.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 21, 2009, 12:35:22 pm »
That shouldn't be too hard, almost all modern keyboards have a USB connector instead of the old PS/2.
Unless you meant 'find somewhere' instead of 'buy', then that might be a bit more difficult :P

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 21, 2009, 02:20:03 pm »
Then how about this? Jury Duty.

Thank god I wasn't selected to be the juror on the case I sat in today. I don't want to be a juror in a murder case.

Another gripe I have, the weird way the legal system chooses to pronounce everything, like Juror, petit and Defendant.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: September 21, 2009, 02:21:34 pm »
My gripe is stalkers. You know, the people who think you're their best friend/boyfriend simply because you like smiled nicely to them once.

Jesus christ who the hell gave her my number >_>

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: September 21, 2009, 03:00:59 pm »
Is this topic also count as a hate topic? Because if it is I freaking hate biology college tests. They are not that long, at all. 45 questions seems like a good test number. I just wish they used simpler words when making the frocking questions.
Of course it probably wouldn't be college if it wasn't hard.... Oh well. Live and let live.

Jesus christ who the hell gave her my number >_>
*whistles innocently*

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #1208 on: September 21, 2009, 03:10:05 pm »
Oh Yannick, why oh why did you have to remind me of that creepy freshman girl that I couldn't shake all sophmore year?  That was cruel.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 21, 2009, 04:56:56 pm »
You get to your senior year of high school, take 7 AP classes, and then talk to me about homework, boy.

Hey, you take 5 IB Classes that will ultimately accumulate to you taking two 'SL' and three 'HL' level test, most of which 3 hours, most of which largely essay based, some having no multiple choice at all. Imagine the course load for those classes, I had to write 15 pages HANDWRITTEN last night over 5 separate ideas over the course of roughly 10 poems by Sylvia Plath and Evan Boland. Then imagine that plus a calculus assignment. Thats about average for me. 

You can't talk $--- until you've been in the IB program.

Oh, and I have a 4000 word research paper (with about a minimum of 10 sources required) due october fifth.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 21, 2009, 09:29:19 pm »
Then how about this? Jury Duty.

Thank god I wasn't selected to be the juror on the case I sat in today. I don't want to be a juror in a murder case.

Another gripe I have, the weird way the legal system chooses to pronounce everything, like Juror, petit and Defendant.

A wiseman (Homer Simpson) once said. "The trick to getting out of jury duty is to say you're prejudice against all racial minorities."

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 21, 2009, 09:53:20 pm »
I wouldn't mind jury duty, but a murder case would be stressful.

I was called once for jury duty, but I was leaving the country the next week so I couldn't do it.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 21, 2009, 09:55:32 pm »
My sister has been called for jury duty but her work office doesn't want to give her the time off so are trying to get her out of it.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 21, 2009, 10:08:35 pm »
What state Cobra? I mean Jury Duty is mandatory without valid reason and companies aren't allowed yto fire you for it. Most have to pay you some compensation. >.>

Apparently that was the only time I had to go this week.. no more Criminal Cases to sit for.. now I have nothing to do until Friday when I go back to work. >.> I wonder if there is a shift to pick up on Thursday.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 21, 2009, 10:23:26 pm »
Victoria, Australia I'm not sure what the local laws are. I'm not even sure how successful her company will be in getting her out of it. She only does reception for them so it's nothing major.