Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 553969 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • Oh just ****ing deal with it <3
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #825 on: April 18, 2009, 10:24:28 am »
Ink, put a bottle of drain cleaner in the fridge. Just the bottle... marked and everything.

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 18, 2009, 04:51:00 pm »
I hate my computer right now. Every now and then it just decides to brick for no reason at all. It runs as if nothing is wrong but the screen and all input cuts out until you hit the restart button. It seems to happen more frequently towards the end of the day too.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 18, 2009, 05:14:40 pm »
Its the lazy virus. Also, Inkling do what Patman said. It works.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 18, 2009, 06:40:13 pm »
Its the lazy virus. Also, Inkling do what Patman said. It works.

Should I be able to detect this one with an antivirus scanner, or is it one of those viruses that you have to track down manually? If it is scan-detectable then I don't think I have it, because I've run three scans in the last two days thinking it may be a virus.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 18, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »
The lazy virus? No, I just made it up. It might be a hidden problem though. Sorry, but I can't help you. I hate that that I can't though.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 18, 2009, 06:48:52 pm »
Ah, never mind then. I did originally think you made it up, but then I googled it and it turns out that it's a real virus that does brick the computer. Wierd.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 18, 2009, 06:52:30 pm »
Grazony is psychic.

I'm really tempted to take Pat's advice.  I don't have any drain cleaner, but i have some glass cleaner.

EDIT:  Windex is in the fridge.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 07:23:59 pm by Inkling »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 18, 2009, 07:27:13 pm »
Howw does Windex affect the body? Oh well thats what google for.

*googles*

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 18, 2009, 07:44:32 pm »
Well I almost got bit by a rattle snake today. This is why you don't go into forests in California in Springtime without making a shat load of noise.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 19, 2009, 02:18:14 am »
Well, today I installed Half-Life 1 on the laptop, and my eleven year old cousin was really excited since he said that he 'loved' Half-Life. I was just so happy that I was going to be playing one of my most favorite games of all time, for the first time in months! When the train sequence started my idiot cousin kept jumping up and down asking where the guns were and when the killing would start. He kept complaining through the whole part, until he finally said that Half-Life sucked because you don't kill anything.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:09:23 am by Snork »
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 19, 2009, 02:47:58 am »
I have a gripe with DVD movies, specifically the "dont steal our DVD" splash screen that you are FORCED to let play out everytime you pop the DVD into the machine, why do they feel it neccessary to tell us not to steal their product every freaking time all day and all night ??
If I went to buy a McD burger, and the one serving me went on and on telling me not to steal their burgers, and started explaining to me the McD copyright they have on their BBQ sauce, then Im pretty damn sure I would never go to that place again, so why the heck do we have to listen to that same song over and over and over and over again when popping in a DVD ?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:49:34 am by Poised »

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 19, 2009, 03:48:41 am »
.... Because people don't regularly download mcdonalds illegally?

Honestly, it's like 30 seconds long...
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 19, 2009, 04:15:34 am »
Typically you can still fast forward it or even hit the next scene button.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 19, 2009, 04:45:34 am »
Well I almost got bit by a rattle snake today. This is why you don't go into forests in California in Springtime without making a shat load of noise.

You're from california as well? cool.

Anyways, yea, gotta watch out for those diamondback rattlers once the weather gets warm, and they'll come into your backyard as well. So if you see a snake, most likely its a diamondback, even though there are harmless snakes around here in Southern California.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 19, 2009, 05:05:41 am »
I have a gripe with DVD movies, specifically the "dont steal our DVD" splash screen that you are FORCED to let play out everytime you pop the DVD into the machine, why do they feel it neccessary to tell us not to steal their product every freaking time all day and all night ??
If I went to buy a McD burger, and the one serving me went on and on telling me not to steal their burgers, and started explaining to me the McD copyright they have on their BBQ sauce, then Im pretty damn sure I would never go to that place again, so why the heck do we have to listen to that same song over and over and over and over again when popping in a DVD ?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg</a>
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.