Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 553972 times)

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #345 on: February 02, 2008, 04:01:56 pm »
Maybe someone, a really BORED someone, should post in the Off-Topic Topic a list of all known acronyms and their meanings.

That's what you have this for:

www.UrbanDictionary.com

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #346 on: February 02, 2008, 04:18:06 pm »
Ouch 8 years worth of braces? Did you have really horrible teeth or was it just the overall system?

I'd say a bit of both.  :P This latest thing is a new low though.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 02, 2008, 06:02:52 pm »
Maybe someone, a really BORED someone, should post in the Off-Topic Topic a list of all known acronyms and their meanings.

That's what you have this for:

www.UrbanDictionary.com

I was gonna post the same thing, that's weird. Maybe I should find the L33t dictionary, it was on the net somewhere.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 10, 2008, 11:51:12 am »
It kinda makes me mad that my parents actually found this offensive. Well, on the other hand, my grandparents are holocaust survivors...

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/#1565
They're collectible! Sorta...

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2008, 07:51:19 pm »
 Yeah iTunes sucks, the songs are "99 cents" but they are actually more than a dollar i think, which totally screws up the whole 15 songs for 15 bucks.  I hate mac or w/e they call themselves, Apple.  Quicktime sucks too.  That new macbook can go commit suicide, for im not buying it.  Only good thing is the iPod which.. the rubber part always breeks on my earbuds. and christ they are so easy to steal from other people/lose in your house.  I have had 2 stolen which i registered, and i get no help from them.  I would not be surprised if they were hocked for 20 dollars to some douche bag.  R.I.P ipod nano/shuffle.

Anyways it is bed time. zzz

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • Oh just ****ing deal with it <3
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #350 on: March 04, 2008, 08:17:26 am »
I've got one that's been bothering me for a while now and it involves every one of you people that has nothing better to do than complain about the most important question.

Shut up, will you? You know what the question means, everyone knows what the question means. You're all smart people, go complain about something that needs to be complained about.

**EDIT**
Also, you are given limited options for a reason. Not only will too many options dilute the results, but I want you guys to think (if only a little bit) when you answer.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:26:37 am by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2008, 10:13:44 am »
Hey I got another! This thread is fun, more people need to post in it.

Anyway, I really really dislike it when people are talking to you and you bring up a topic. Then there is a brief pause, not very long because they know they have to be fast, and then they come back talking all about whatever it was that you brought into the discussion. Now the gripe comes in at about the time the pause happens because the other person has gone off to check Wikipedia and when they return they are simply spouting off about what they just read and not about what they know.

This kind of thing is really annoying. What, do people think that someone can't tell that they just researched it two seconds ago? If you don't know something just say you don't know it and let the person tell you about it.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 03, 2008, 08:15:58 am »
It just so happens that one of the first FPSs I ever player, ever, was the origanal Call of Duty, and it just so happens that I own it, from all those years ago. Now, I've recently upgraded to Vista, and bought an insanely huge PC that can run three copies of Crysis at once while joining a high ping Battlefeild 2 server. Just a week ago it came to my brain to install it.

Then I find out it dosen't run on Vista.

F A I L

Vista has been out for quite some time, so you'd think they'd have released some sort of backwads compality update, which probably died along with the Xbox 360 backwads compality. So anyway I looked on amazon, and the local GAME, but there is no Vista Edition of the origanal.

F A I L

I loved this game, and so did a lot of people. But Activision are too busy pampering Call of Duty's grandson, Call of Duty 4, to care. DAMN YOU VISTA.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #353 on: April 03, 2008, 09:25:42 am »
People automatically assuming their problems are caused by Vista don't so much piss me off but they do annoy me.

Due diligence! You can make it run if you want to, just takes some time.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 03, 2008, 11:08:53 am »
5 re-installs, one attempted re-install on an XP computer which sucks so hard it drops to 8fps (for Call of Duty 1 for petes sake....), but works none-the less.

I guess I have to play with "Move *freeze* -gent *freeze* -dy!"

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 03, 2008, 11:31:27 am »
my brother installed vista for me...and i used to blame vista for my problems
because i never had trouble with xp and all of the sudden i had tons of annying errors that pissed me of so much i could eat my keyboard
it has tooth marks >.>

anyway the conclusion is that i never let my brother install anything anymore
freaking idiot

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 03, 2008, 11:40:52 am »
I hate Microsoft live messenger, it messes up my computer, it constantly freezes and you can't get an earlier version because it forces you to update to live messenger.
Another proud piece of **** my microsoft... -.-

anyone got an alternative chat program to use that is similar to MSN?
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline tomasgaquino

• Gorf Goon
  • Now that's deadly. *psycho song*
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 03, 2008, 12:04:28 pm »
Then I find out it dosen't run on Vista.

Have you tried emulating the other OS's on it? If the problem is really Vista, that should work.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 03, 2008, 12:07:12 pm »
5 re-installs, one attempted re-install on an XP computer which sucks so hard it drops to 8fps (for Call of Duty 1 for petes sake....), but works none-the less.

I guess I have to play with "Move *freeze* -gent *freeze* -dy!"
^
|
|

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #359 on: April 03, 2008, 01:51:45 pm »
I hate Microsoft live messenger, it messes up my computer, it constantly freezes and you can't get an earlier version because it forces you to update to live messenger.
Another proud piece of **** my microsoft... -.-

anyone got an alternative chat program to use that is similar to MSN?
Use YIM, its good.

@Plank, have you tried setting the compatibility of the program on Vista to XP? I've done that with some of mine and it made a difference. I'm getting used to Vista now but I still encounter problems at times, mostly due to resource use.