Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 553966 times)

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2007, 08:22:31 pm »
We were learning about 1500 France in History class a while back, and we're looking at a painting of those times. The painting was quite realistic, so apparently some kid believes this painting is a photograph taken in the 1500's. Right. So he kindly asks the class if this is a photo. Right. Now, I can't let stupidity like that just pass me by. So I put on my most sarcastic voice, turn around, stare him right in the face, and say, "Yeah, it's actually a photo taken in 1526. The camera was created actually 71 years before by Jean Frontnac who also discovered America." I said some other stuff like that that I forgot. The kid then looked at me, not sure if I'm serious or not. I did this once again to him when he said something else stupid, and the kid sitting next to him just turned to him and said, "Russell's really good at making you feel stupid, eh?"

This isn't so much a gripe as an encounter with an idiot.
You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2007, 08:35:52 pm »
Ow... I've had some pretty bad encounters, but that tops all the ones that I can remember.

On-topic: Why must the dudes at the movie theatre actually start enforcing their "ID required for R rated movies" policy the month that the two R rated movies I want to see come out? Realy! Just last month, I could have just walked right on up with one of my parents and bought the tickets, no problem. Heck, at some of the worse ones, I could have done it myself and they wouldn't have given a thought to their policy. But now, it's all locked down tight because some parents started griping about their kids being scarred for life because they were allowed to see an R rated movie. Well, DUDE(ETTE), if ya don't want ya 12 year old watching Terminator or Alien, pay closer attention to what they're watching. Don't just give them money and drop them off at the theatre. And if it's a family member takin' them to see it, gripe to the family member! Don't spoil it for those of us who are mature enough to watch certain R rated movies. I'm not sayin all, man. I personally mean ones that are R rated due to violence, language, and intense scary images. No.. thing... else. I know my limits, and I can censor what I watch.

So, yeah, I'm pissed off because I couldn't see The Mist.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2007, 10:06:35 pm »
The terms Festive Season and Season's Greetings. I'm sorry, but if your not even going to aknowledge the festival you're supposedly celebrating, then you're not celebrating it!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2007, 10:55:54 pm »
So, yeah, I'm pissed off because I couldn't see The Mist.

yeah, me too...I went with my friends, but one of their girlfriends was 16, so we couldn't get in...  :-\
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2007, 11:05:16 pm »
Please tell me an 18 year old is not going out with a 16 year old.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2007, 11:12:09 pm »
I ♥ ?

One of the things that completely continues to piss me off is the line "I ♥ ?". It's carved into every table, writen on every wall, drawn on every hand, engraved into every bloody tree, I don't get it how people think we give a flying **** about who they "♥". It's probably, to quote my freind "The sadest thing ever", it just makes no sense whatsoever.

Besides the fact this has been going since forever I don't think you get it. I'm guessing you don't have a SO.

It's an expression of love, duh. Honestly, if we have to care about everything anyone ever expresses some people here would never be posting at all. Just because you're a jaded misanthrope doesn't mean you have to stop other people's fun. :P

No, they actualy write "I ♥ ?", they don't say who they love, they're just being dumb. It's even more pointless then carving into a table "Who do you ♥?"
the real saviour of this forum

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2007, 11:17:58 pm »
they carve "I [love heart] [question mark]" ? I don't see the point of that. I mean, carving the persons actual name is understandable, but not just carving a piece of punctuation.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2007, 11:32:47 pm »
Yep, we actualy have a huge laugh whenever we see someone with it written on their hand, or find one carved into a table.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2007, 11:51:38 pm »
No, they actualy write "I ♥ ?", they don't say who they love, they're just being dumb. It's even more pointless then carving into a table "Who do you ♥?"

Oh, I see. My bad.

Yes, that is a little pointless.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • Oh just ****ing deal with it <3
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2007, 12:30:14 am »

While somewhat uncommon, it is hardly a bad thing... I've seen far more unsettling relationships.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2007, 12:36:44 am »

While somewhat uncommon, it is hardly a bad thing... I've seen far more unsettling relationships.

Agreed. Our homecoming princess got herself teen pregnant and had a baby... at the ripe age of thirteen.

Should I gripe about the popularity contest of the homecoming court and the promoting of our schools token collection of Neanderthals, the football team? Or should I go for teen pregnancy?
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • Oh just ****ing deal with it <3
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2007, 12:40:14 am »
And you've got to love the sixteen year old girl who is always afraid to tell you about her boyfriend, then she suddenly lets slip that he twenty three and unemployed. ::)

As for a gripe... I'm not liking those people who are always negative/right/always starting fights.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2007, 02:16:20 am »

Agreed. Our homecoming princess got herself teen pregnant and had a baby... at the ripe age of thirteen.

While that is quite a bit worse (A big big big bit worse actually) The two year age gap is still a bit odd.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2007, 02:23:36 am »
As for my gripe: I Just can't make my lucid dreams last long! :P And I only get 2 hours of sleep because of the internetz. What's worse is that I know that it is my fault. :-\

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
« Reply #194 on: December 14, 2007, 07:02:46 am »
As for my gripe: I Just can't make my lucid dreams last long! :P And I only get 2 hours of sleep because of the internetz. What's worse is that I know that it is my fault. :-\

Two hours of sleep? Dude, get off the computer and go to bed!

My gripe: I just woke up and my neck muscles are killing me. And for some odd reason, so is my chin.
You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.