Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 553946 times)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2007, 10:57:43 pm »
yes, which is why I put " around it.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2007, 11:10:31 pm »
Ugh Halo Fanboys, thats the worst. "What does the X button do?"./"LOL MC IS WAY BETTER THAN ARBITOR (Spelling Error of Arbiter on purpose). As well as "NOOB COMBO IS LAME GET SKILLZ".

Halo i liked the first one second one kinda ruined it for me, now with the Halo 3 stuff im seeing im going too weep for the future of halo.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2007, 07:54:30 pm »
My gripe is that I bought the Gameboy Advanced SP a week before the Nintendo DS came out, and I wasted $30.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2007, 09:10:01 pm »
kinda like how I got an Ipod 3 weeks before the video came out...
They're collectible! Sorta...

Offline Potetoe

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:59 pm »
One of my gripes is when people on eBay ridiculously overcharge on (crappy) shipping. Recently I ordered a fairly small PVC figure where the seller charged $20 for shipping... And then it took a month to get here.

Also, when I bought SSBM from someone on eBay, when it arrived, I discovered that it was PAL region... Even though they had specified it as NTSC. Luckily I already had Freeloader, but geez, most people would have been completely unable to play it because of that one listing mistake. That's a pretty bad thing to mess up.

(Most of my eBay experiences have been good, though.)

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2007, 03:22:40 am »
My gripe: Edexcel. It's an exam board in the UK. And they seem to have no clue what they're doing. I have to enroll (and have my GCSE results) by the 30th. Results were given out on the 27th, so all is well. Except for the IT qualification. Which hasn't been marked yet! I don't know why, seeing as they have less than a week to mark them, and they have to delivered. So, if these ****wits don't get their act together my life is ruined. Well, okay, in reality I'll have to take 3 A-Levels instead of 4, but I want to take 4, dammit!
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2007, 03:50:35 am »
One of my gripes is when people on eBay ridiculously overcharge on (crappy) shipping. Recently I ordered a fairly small PVC figure where the seller charged $20 for shipping... And then it took a month to get here.

Also, when I bought SSBM from someone on eBay, when it arrived, I discovered that it was PAL region... Even though they had specified it as NTSC. Luckily I already had Freeloader, but geez, most people would have been completely unable to play it because of that one listing mistake. That's a pretty bad thing to mess up.

Well, I assume you gave them both bad feedback.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Potetoe

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2007, 07:04:34 am »

Well, I assume you gave them both bad feedback.

Well.. No, because crappy shipping is crappy, but I don't think it's so bad as to warrant negative feedback. I've always seen negative feedback as more of a thing to give when someone scams you or lies about something or etc.
On reflection, the second might have deserved bad feedback, but.. I just let it slide. I was able to play it, after all. I don't know, maybe I should have; but, who knows, if I hadn't been able to play it, the seller might've given me a refund or something if I sent it back.

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2007, 08:11:22 am »
My gripe: I'm starting school on Wednesday.  :'(

And very little news on Spore. That sucks.
You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 27, 2007, 08:15:05 am »

hey, me too! although I'm a senior, so my year's looking pretty good  :P
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2007, 08:57:23 am »

hey, me too! although I'm a senior, so my year's looking pretty good  :P

I'm in grade 9... does that count?  :P

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2007, 10:29:04 am »
My gripe: Edexcel. It's an exam board in the UK. And they seem to have no clue what they're doing. I have to enroll (and have my GCSE results) by the 30th. Results were given out on the 27th, so all is well. Except for the IT qualification. Which hasn't been marked yet! I don't know why, seeing as they have less than a week to mark them, and they have to delivered. So, if these ****wits don't get their act together my life is ruined. Well, okay, in reality I'll have to take 3 A-Levels instead of 4, but I want to take 4, dammit!

I never actually got my proper grade certificate, and they want to scalp the crap out of me if I want a new one to put in my RoA file. It's extremely fortunate that none of the employers i've gone to so far have been the pedantic anal type in that regard, or i'd be well screwed. I finished school back in 2001 and all i've got is the kind of "preview" thing you pick up from your school. It didn't occur to me it was a potential issue until some years later after college, where inquiry found out that it's pretty damn expensive to get new ones - of course, no word to the one I was supposed to get. So basically I get screwed out of what i'm entitled to by right, and have to pay extra if I want to play on the same standard as everyone else. Story of my life, really.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2007, 11:08:02 am »
My mums bringing some guy round to try to "bring back my faith in the inviable man in the sky God"
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2007, 11:46:31 am »
If I may give some words of advice:

• Red contact lenses
  • Learn to speak backwards
  • Prosthetic horns
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2007, 03:00:17 pm »
Yes.
No way dude, you're trolling me.