Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 396385 times)

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 02:38:34 pm »
Don't worry, the Spore Section will definitely get better when Spore comes out, as it will be filled with cool experiences in the game!

My gripe: I can't wait until spring break, but that's in a month and in the meantime I have to go to school which is as boring and annoying as hell. I hate pretty much all my classes, and I barely stay awake in any of them (which is cool because I average a 91%). I envy those who work at a job that they chose to do, get paid to do, and above all, enjoy.
You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 02:42:17 pm »
Ha ha ha! Aha.

No-one can choose a job and like it and get payed well. You can have one or two of those things, but never all three.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 02:45:03 pm »
Maybe I'm naiive, but I want to be an architect. I enjoy architecture and math and designing things, plus you make a good amount of money from it, right?
You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 03:00:14 pm »
I have homework that I really can't be bothered doing. I have to write an essay for a teacher who never gives us our marks back, I mean another essay? You still haven't told us how we did on our last four.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 12:13:15 am »
Oh yeah. And my body-clock is totally retarded. It doesnt let me sleep until 4am!
My body-clock seems to be trying for a complete reversal. Sleeping at 9am and waking at 3pm just isnt any good. xP

Mine has been on 5am to 2pm sleeping. *grumbles* It did not start out that way.  :-\

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 12:17:30 am »
My life is a lie. All I do is play ****ty computer games from the 1990s and I recently dropped out of school. I know that killing myself is the right thing to do, but I'm too much of a coward to do it.
I sincerely hope this isn't true.

My gripe:  It's 1am and I've still got two hrs. of studying to do.  Plus, work at 7am.  :-\
Upside:  Dolphins with lasers!

*that guy's already dead*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:27:05 am by danzik »

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 04:31:47 am »
No-one can choose a job and like it and get payed well. You can have one or two of those things, but never all three.

Aint that the truth. Though it should be clear that in this sense "choosing a job" means "a normal person being able to choose and get a job without a blistering amount of jamminess/nepotism/bribery/sleeping with the boss".

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 04:49:48 am »
Wait... if the boss is hot then why wouldnt you.. ah, im confused....

anyway, my gripe can be summed up in two words: Older Brother

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 09:20:15 am »
I gots another gripe.
No power to control who can and can't go in Gabbly. Though I did read the gabbly forum and heard that they may make a package that people can install on their own servers, it still doesn't save me from seeing crap like

<name removed>: most americans are aware that you can rape and murder, but beware of breaking the speed limit

the second I learned that, I became an american

Aaaalrighty then... ::)
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 09:39:22 am »
I really dislike people bashing America just because it's America. :)

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 09:43:46 am »
It's extremely annoying if someone uses an English word in a Dutch sentence, when there's a Dutch word with the same meaning. I mean, learn your own language!

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 10:05:52 am »
I hate it when people use the word Intergalactic in the Spore Forum.
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 02:06:45 pm »
I hate the fact that I just got a Wii, but can't play it till Thursday, due to a stupid school project.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:26:10 pm by Serdun »
Yes. Of course.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 02:15:53 pm »
Another gripe, more about my real life.

I sustained an injury at the end of November at work. I was put on WCB for one week.
Three weeks after that week, I got the check. (problem one)

Later, I was again being pestered by work to come in and work in the hardest section of the plant (the only part that runs in the off-season). I told them I couldn't because my hand will still not take well with heavy, repetetive tasks.
They insist on a doctor's note.
So I go see my doctor, he briefly gives me crap for not coming back sooner, and sends me with a note off to a physiotherapy clinic.
After waiting in there for a while to process the note, they tell me I have to wait for their call as they send the note off to Worksafe.

I was contacted by Worksafe for clarifications on my claim around the end of January, two or three weeks ago. They just ask a few basic questions, and say that they'll contact me.

:/

...it's mid February... (problem two)

My gripe is not that they haven't bothered me. I like the fact that I get this little 'vacation'. I'll just dip into my reserves for a few more months until the season starts again.
The gripe is that if I worked for a living, I would be completely screwed by now.

Then again, I suppose I would have cared enough to light a fire under their butts....
Whatever.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 02:24:28 pm »
my gripe is that there are not enough girls in my neighbourhood that have the same intrests as me ( gaming that is)

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.