Author Topic: Pre-game customization?  (Read 5781 times)

Offline kuninobu

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Your evil, cruel and totally handsome Emperor!
    • View Profile
Pre-game customization?
« on: February 10, 2007, 05:51:33 am »
Now, I hope that this haven't been asked before, but I haven't really found an answer to my biggest question of all.
And that question is:

Will we be able to make say, 20-30 creatures, some floura etc., and then somehow "tell" the game that "These are my stuff, I want to use only this stuff when I play the main game on my planet!"
So basiclly, you make your own content, and then you play the game, evolve and enter the creature phase, and then the planet will already be inhabited by only your own creatures and include your floura and the like.

This is a question that I find important, because I don't want to wait until the later stages in the game before I can have full control over my planet! I want to "design" my planet before I go into the game with creatures and all that, make my "main creautre" (the creature I will be playing with), and play the game with my main creature seeing all my self-made content.

Hopefully you understand what I mean  :D

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-game customization?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 06:09:55 am »
We dno't konw the asnewr for waht yru'oe ankisg as of yet, usnels you apccet 42 as an asenwr.

Amazing how you could still read that isn't it? xD
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline kuninobu

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Your evil, cruel and totally handsome Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 06:16:00 am »
We dno't konw the asnewr for waht yru'oe ankisg as of yet, usnels you apccet 42 as an asenwr.

Amazing how you could still read that isn't it? xD

Haha, yeah, there is something in the brain that make it readable.. Thought you were a master of misspelling :P

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 07:04:33 am »
You know, I'll bet that once you start the game up, much like Black and White (unless I missed something), you simply get thrown into the game.
You'll go past the ads, developer, publisher... suddenly, there is something there on the screen. You wait for a moment and nudge your mouse just to check. You moved it!

And then carry on like that.

I wouldn't mind that. I suppose they may be able to get an intro in there somewhere; I just hope to god it's nothing like that awful Spore trailer.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:44:34 am »
I really wish WW would clear this up sometime soon. Probably the most talked about thing on these forums, as far as I can see, is whether the game will choose your home planet or whether you'll get to choose it for yourself.

I would be doubtful about being able to create the other forms of life you're sharing it with as well, but crafting your own home world seems like it'd be a good thing to be able to do.

It's going to be kind of weird evolving a race of giant scorpion men if from the very start you're relegated to a lush, green planet without a desert in sight.

EDIT: Or at the very least, you could be prompted to choose from a variety of "styles" of planet to start on.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 01:57:13 pm »
I was wondering that too
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 02:12:28 pm »

I wouldn't mind that. I suppose they may be able to get an intro in there somewhere; I just hope to god it's nothing like that awful Spore trailer.
haha, I agree. I think something deep like the beginning of black and white would fit the game really well. Maybe the game starts up in outer space, and it gradually zooms in (powers of 10!) until you get to the molecular/cell stage. And then you start to play. That would make for a decent intro.

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Fatalfist

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 02:20:05 pm »
if the creature database is keeped as individual files in a folder just empty it and only keep yours in

Offline quizzle

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 02:24:32 pm »
I sure hope so, but what if your ecosystem isn't balanced and your planet fails?

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 02:36:41 pm »
I sure hope so, but what if your ecosystem isn't balanced and your planet fails?

I'm pretty sure the game can't let that happen.

I wouldn't mind having no control over what my starting planet looks like. Makes it more of an adventure.
However, I will concede that it would suck having a bunch of penis-monsters or teddy bears or the like running around. On the other hand, it would make wiping them out all the sweeter.

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 02:39:28 pm »
I really wish WW would clear this up sometime soon. Probably the most talked about thing on these forums, as far as I can see, is whether the game will choose your home planet or whether you'll get to choose it for yourself.

I would be doubtful about being able to create the other forms of life you're sharing it with as well, but crafting your own home world seems like it'd be a good thing to be able to do.

It's going to be kind of weird evolving a race of giant scorpion men if from the very start you're relegated to a lush, green planet without a desert in sight.

EDIT: Or at the very least, you could be prompted to choose from a variety of "styles" of planet to start on.
Yeah, I'm hoping it will at least have something like Civ 4 in the beginning. Maybe just a bunch of sliders like land/water, normal/weird, barren/lush. Stuff like that.

Offline Protoavis

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 06:32:26 pm »
Ermmm I doubt it. I really doubt you'll be able to choose the creatures on the home planet and fauna before starting a game...and even if you could based on how you evolve your creature the ecosystem will change since you'll never be at the top or bottom of the food chain.
"Oh mummy, the bad man said bad things, please mummy...mummy" said the 20+ yr old man.

Offline Ryuukuro

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 09:15:37 pm »
I'm leaning towards the theory that the mysterious molecular stage has something to do with the design of home planets.

While I'd want my home planet (my first one, anyway) to be Earthlike, I do hope that it isn't a mandate.  I could totally rock the swirly pink planet.
"It's just a game!  Stop complaining!"  - Me

"Earth is the Kingdom of Who-Gives-a-****" - Will Wright

Offline TheFatMan

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Join the legion of terror today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 10:09:02 pm »
i hope you can because i want to have a snow planet. So if they have sliders i wonder if there'd be one for..i dunno, temp or perhaps climate or something like that
"The meaning of life is like chinese whispers, somebody knew it a long time ago and it has been passed down through the generations who have altered the message until we end up with Purple monkey dishwasher"

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 10:14:13 pm »
Yeah, it would suck if you have an idea of a planet enslaving race with tentacles and such, and you crawl out of the primordial ooze to find yourself in carebear land...
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT