Author Topic: Sim Arcology  (Read 13421 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Sim Arcology
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2007, 06:19:33 am »
I mentioned this in gabbly, but it's worth bringing up again. I think you should increase the number of elevators. The new stairs might help delfect overcrowding of the elevators, but I've seen them turn to uselessness before.

For example you might find most sims trying to get one floor above them, and lets be honest the AI isn't always smart. That elevator might take two, three, maybe four trips. All this time the poor sim in the back needs to urgently get to the bathrooms three floors above him. (again, just an example)
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 06:31:22 am »
To put it in a more general meaning, boolprop is essentially the same as a debug mode. There's a whole site dedicated to the teaching of how to use it and stories made with the aid of it. Due to the boolean nature of it all, however, every option only has two states, "On" or "Off" (also "True" and "False"), to check how various things work during certain events. (example: ever wanted to go into buy mode during a fire?)
So it's a general term, not a The Sims term. Ok, didn't know that.

What all can bool prop do? Is there somewhere online where i can learn more about it?

I've found this, I think that explains a lot about boolprop. It even has pictures! :D

Thank you this is great! So very helpful!
No problem, glad to have been of help :D I didn't know anything about the boolprop cheat either, so I helped me too :)

It is worth mentioning that I've used it a few times with no problem but I've read reports on how using the cheat has caused corrupted sims, objects, houses, lots or neighbourhoods. This is not a cheat supported by the devs and is very much a use at your own risk cheat.  Cheats that let you use more sims or floors only bypass systems put in place to make he game playable, this is a new level of cheat.  Not trying to put you off usig it, just thought someone should chime in.

Well i have the house in its own separate neighborhood for this in case anything goes wrong. Thanks for the warning though. And so far its still running ok. We will have to see how it goes once I start adding people.
You should probably make a backup of the building (or even entire neighborhood) before adding Sims, so you don't loose all your hard work.
Or even better, upload it to the The Sims Exchange ;)

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 07:24:34 am »
Its looking awesome with all the trees and grass on the outside :).
Good Grief!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 02:48:53 pm »

You should probably make a backup of the building (or even entire neighborhood) before adding Sims, so you don't loose all your hard work.

I am not sure if i can upload it to the sim exchange. Only because I have so much custom content in it. However i probably could upload it to http://www.modthesims2.com/, since i got most of my custom content from there. The other problem i see is listing all the custom content. Do you know a way to find out everything used on the lot and where it came from?

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 12:23:10 am »
I am not sure if i can upload it to the sim exchange. Only because I have so much custom content in it. However i probably could upload it to http://www.modthesims2.com/, since i got most of my custom content from there. The other problem i see is listing all the custom content. Do you know a way to find out everything used on the lot and where it came from?
It's not absolutely necessary to upload it somewhere, you just have to copy the game files of your Arcology to a backup-directory. If something goes wrong, because of the size or the amount of Sims, and you can't open the Arcology anymore, you can just copy the backup files over the corrupt files, and try again. How you can backup game files is explained on www.modthesims2.com here, but you probably found that yourself already ;)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 03:01:35 am »
Yeah i already back up my stuff. Not just for this but backed up stuff in general cause i have lost stuff too many times and approximately back it up once a month to be safe. It has actually saved me a few times already. Most recently when my hardware burnt up. My virus protection has gotten much better and i have not gotten a virus in a long while.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2007, 12:18:49 am »
I tried adding more stuff but it is getting to laggy already. I can only imagine with sims inside it.

I think i will do another project though.

Locking this thread since i cannot continue.