Author Topic: Sim Arcology  (Read 13412 times)

gec05

Re: Sim Arcology
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 04:48:44 pm »
How did you get that raised platform in the church, Hydro?
You can put interior stages indoors, they're like foundations but meant for inside. They come in the OFB expansion and can be put on top of foundations to create a double-foundation look.

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 05:01:17 pm »
Oh. Well, I've been planning to get OfB, so I guess I'm in luck!
Yes. Of course.

gec05

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 05:04:47 pm »
Oh. Well, I've been planning to get OfB, so I guess I'm in luck!

OFB also has partial walls that work as interior dividers.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 05:21:14 pm »
I'd do banquet hall or something people don't come by at free woill.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 06:59:58 pm »
dude, you must have one moster computer to run this with some sims, also when it gets compleated are you gonna put into member sims, like ladyM. i also thought you can just put some random Sims.

So far its running ok. We shall see how it works when i fill in all the rooms and add people.

This is interesting to watch, my computer could never handle a house that big with sims in it. It would bog down big time. Hydro, if you need help with the bool prop thing, let me know.

What all can bool prop do? Is there somewhere online where i can learn more about it?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:03:08 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 04:09:51 am »
I took Interitus's advice and added some nice green parks on the top with paths. Also re thought the escape stairs as well as added some nice paths to walk on. You can see trees, hedges, wall vines and nice .. fake grass and fake water. But they look real :D Enjoy!

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 04:33:04 am »
It looks much better with some green.

Offline Didero

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 05:09:50 am »
What all can bool prop do? Is there somewhere online where i can learn more about it?

I've found this, I think that explains a lot about boolprop. It even has pictures! :D

gec05

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 10:44:17 am »
Boolprop is short for Boolean Properties. It's an uber cheat that allows you to mod most the game without any hacks or programs to do it.

Offline Didero

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 11:49:34 am »
Boolprop is short for Boolean Properties. It's an uber cheat that allows you to mod most the game without any hacks or programs to do it.
Do you mean more games than The Sims 2 have a 'boolprop' cheat? I didn't know that.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 12:17:58 pm »
To put it in a more general meaning, boolprop is essentially the same as a debug mode. There's a whole site dedicated to the teaching of how to use it and stories made with the aid of it. Due to the boolean nature of it all, however, every option only has two states, "On" or "Off" (also "True" and "False"), to check how various things work during certain events. (example: ever wanted to go into buy mode during a fire?)
Virus Buster.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 12:31:17 pm »
It is worth mentioning that I've used it a few times with no problem but I've read reports on how using the cheat has caused corrupted sims, objects, houses, lots or neighbourhoods. This is not a cheat supported by the devs and is very much a use at your own risk cheat.  Cheats that let you use more sims or floors only bypass systems put in place to make he game playable, this is a new level of cheat.  Not trying to put you off usig it, just thought someone should chime in.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 12:47:52 pm »
:o HOLEY SMOKEYS its a beautiful tempel now! i love it! :o
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 02:48:42 pm »
It is worth mentioning that I've used it a few times with no problem but I've read reports on how using the cheat has caused corrupted sims, objects, houses, lots or neighbourhoods. This is not a cheat supported by the devs and is very much a use at your own risk cheat.  Cheats that let you use more sims or floors only bypass systems put in place to make he game playable, this is a new level of cheat.  Not trying to put you off usig it, just thought someone should chime in.

In short... you are messing with some fundemental mojo.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 03:29:48 pm »

I've found this, I think that explains a lot about boolprop. It even has pictures! :D

Thank you this is great! So very helpful!

Well i have the house in its own separate neighborhood for this in case anything goes wrong. Thanks for the warning though. And so far its still running ok. We will have to see how it goes once I start adding people.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:35:23 pm by Hydromancerx »