Author Topic: Sim Arcology  (Read 13414 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Sim Arcology
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 10:18:49 pm »
Will u be createing a seprate pic posting thread? or maybe site to host new pics so you dont get what ladym was getting around day 6 or 7 where so many pics made loading a nightmare.

Good idea.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 12:16:15 am »
Don't froget to put telescopes on the top and such

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 03:14:48 am »
It looks very cool so far :)
Good Grief!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 03:31:11 am »
Ok so far all i have put in for the inside is the Chapel / Church. When i have Sims in it i will add things like the wedding arch, and pulpit. Note this is on the very top floor. I also have room on the other side for something. Any suggestions on what to put next to the church on the top 7th floor?

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 03:42:14 am »
A synagogue, a mosque, a buddhist temple and a mandir. Dont underestimate the Vishnu!!!
@davidramnero

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 03:47:28 am »
Interestingly my view on the arcology changed after you put the church at the top.  I would have expected it i probably in the commons area which I would assume would be on the largest floor. By putting a church at the top it's as if your declaring that church is extra important, by reminding people everytime they go, they have to go all the way to the top floor. Now I'm not saying this is bad or anything, this is your design, I'm just giving some feedback.  I know see this as an Arcology of people of who religio is extremely important to them.

On another note completely you might want to add a green roof http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_roof They go with the idea of a self sustained eco-system. When seasons comes out you can add the fruits and vegeables to it.  
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 04:14:08 am »
I was actually thinking about having grass and plants on the roof. Thats why i put the canals and water falls in case i changed my mind.

As for the importance, i was gong to but the residential rooms on the top but its way too small. So its going to be on the 6th floor instead. And I only made it Christian looking because thats the custom content i found.  Personally i think it should be maybe a "Willistic" church that worships Will Wright, but i could not find a big statue of him. :(

And i am Atheist/Agnostic personally. So to me it is as important as what religion my civilization worships in Civ4. I could really care less.

In short only one religious room since there is a lot to put in and only so much space.

Its not shown but i just put in the wedding arch on the right side of the table and a a huge religious candle rack on the left side of the table.

In addition you can see in the picture pews with books in the back, a piano, baptismal bath thing, giant Jesus wish preaching function if you interact with it, flowers all around, bible book on the table and collection plate on the table too.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 04:18:33 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 10:36:29 am »
I would make the other half of the top floor the banquet hall. Just a suggestion.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 01:51:26 pm »
Don't get me wrong I have no problem with it, you don't need to justify anything to me, this is jus the view of a third party.Traditioally the top is considered the most important place. On a ship (sea or space) the top usually has the bridge. On an apartment building or hotel the top would be a penthouse.

Depending on what these people consider most important I would see it a the top. Unless the people would extremely religous I would be suprised to see the people of the arcology to use the top for something other then some sort of telescope research area. A lower area would have the light of the rest of the arcology blinding he telescope(s). 

Again I'm not trying to tell you how to build your arcology, I'm just telling you how I see it as an outsider with no knowledge of a backstory.   
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 02:33:21 pm by Interitus »
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 02:26:17 pm »
What an interesting concept. I would have never though to do such a thing on the sims.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 02:42:41 pm »
Banquet hall or telescope place sound like good choices. Penthouse I may consider but really with the whole 6th floor to sleeping quarters i think thats enough space given to that.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 03:59:43 pm »
Any suggestions on what to put next to the church on the top 7th floor?

Adult book store

>_>
<_<

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 04:40:35 pm »
dude, you must have one moster computer to run this with some sims, also when it gets compleated are you gonna put into member sims, like ladyM. i also thought you can just put some random Sims.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 04:41:57 pm »
How did you get that raised platform in the church, Hydro?
Yes. Of course.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »
This is interesting to watch, my computer could never handle a house that big with sims in it. It would bog down big time. Hydro, if you need help with the bool prop thing, let me know.