Author Topic: The Sentence Game... online!  (Read 31970 times)

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
Re: The Sentence Game... online!
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2007, 12:17:37 am »
Forgot to mention that I am the guy running TSG  :)

Oh crap, I was about to get made at you for double posting and not editing but now I am lost in respect.

As yes, I think we are going to give it another shot.
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Abraxas

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • TheSentenceGame
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2007, 10:29:38 am »
Oh crap, I was about to get made at you for double posting and not editing but now I am lost in respect.

Apologies... I don't frequent the forum and didn't know.  I'll be sure to do so in the future.  Any thoughts on my other post?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2007, 10:33:48 am »
Welcome Abraxas, I think its nice that you came by here and registered to let everyone know about your game and the updates. The game was really popular amongst our members. I think they might give it a second chance. Feel free to hang around here and post in our forum.  :)

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2007, 03:58:02 pm »
Welcome Abraxas, I think its nice that you came by here and registered to let everyone know about your game and the updates. The game was really popular amongst our members. I think they might give it a second chance. Feel free to hang around here and post in our forum.  :)

Yes. Please stay. I bet you could make some awesome forum games.
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2007, 05:13:05 pm »
One instance of sitting around doing squat was one too many as far as i'm concerned. Probably drama, but i'm done with that place.

Offline Abraxas

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • TheSentenceGame
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2007, 06:09:42 pm »
One instance of sitting around doing squat was one too many as far as i'm concerned. Probably drama, but i'm done with that place.

Luminar, I'm sorry to read that -- but I assure you that I wasn't "sitting around doing squat."  I missed that first evening of trolling due to spending an evening with my wife (you'll have to take it up with her if you have a problem with that  :-\  haha).  After I became aware of the problem I was furious at the trolling and immediately made changes to fix it.  Sorry if it was too slow for you.

If you're "done with" it then oh well... but nonetheless I'm glad to have found this forum so as to have an opportunity to explain what happened to other readers - and once again invite you guys to give it another shot :)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2007, 01:05:39 pm »
*Bump*

Thought this deserved a bump, I have gotten back into this and it would be nice to see the GS members around...
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2007, 01:14:06 pm »
Well, I suppose I'll just do one for now...

EDIT: Or not.
I have one hour to submit something... but where are the entry fields?
There are none. Every single game has its spot taken according to the message here.

Bleh.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:29:10 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2007, 01:27:18 pm »
I thought this was a new thread, and i saw Malt on the first page.

*shivers*

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2007, 10:24:54 pm »
Give it a rest Veraal, you don't earn brownie points for sucking up to moderator decisions with overblown feigned disgust "humour".

And no, the site still appears to be a pile. I fire off a sentence every now and then, but it seems like the place is still infested to the brim with trolls and with zero capacity to repel them. Graffiti boards and new layouts aren't going to alleviate that.

Offline Abraxas

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • TheSentenceGame
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2007, 08:32:44 pm »
Actually, we haven't had any trolling in months.  Most of the trolling protections have worked and only a small number of games are ruined by trolls -- and these only when users don't click the "mark as spam" button.  The layout and graffiti board are unrelated.  Over the past weekend, TSG was reposted to gamingsteve and also to somethingawful.com, which brings lots of new good users, but also new trolls.  I'm not sure why you're always so quick to criticize, Luminar -- the game is steadily improving, and I do continue to take comments and suggestions that you and others make.

Gauphastus - I'm not sure what you are seeing, but your feedback is the first I've heard of this (and over the past few days there have been nearly a thousand submissions a day).  However, I have emailed you and hope to take care of the bug as quickly as possible!

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2010, 03:02:07 pm »
Alright, dudes. I was thinking of bring this back up. It's been a long time as you can see (since 2007).
Lots of stuff happened between then and now, we've all grown up a bit.

So let's forget all that crap and make stupid sentences and drawings again. Art and writing skills need not necessarily napply.
I mean apply.
It's all in good fun, telling a very brief and disjointed story. Feel free to read some of the recent games. More often than not, this stuff can be pretty damned funny.

EDIT: And feel free to read this thread for some good old timey e-drama.
Uh, no disrespect, guys. You know I love you.

Oh, and Celdur.

NEVER FORGET.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 03:04:32 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2010, 03:29:09 pm »
So how do we start this off?

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2010, 03:54:09 pm »
Well, there's no telling who you'll end up with in a game. The system on the site manages where everybody needs to go.
After you register, you click that play button on the side and do what you're told basically. Sentence or picture based on whatever came before.
If you're luck, you might get to start a new game.

It's looking pretty slow at the moment so if we powered through quite a bit, we might end up in many games together. Still need more players to keep things going though.
I'm sure these guys will look forward to the new blood. They were quite the thing for a long while there when Somethingawful found out about them.
Doesn't look like that's how it is as much anymore, but it's hard to tell sometimes.

Anyway, yeah. Click play and enjoy. Link us to the story when it finishes if you want. :3
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »
I would play, if I could draw anything recognizable in Paintbrush.

Whatever, practice make perfect, so I'll have to practice.