Author Topic: The quote game!  (Read 27609 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: The quote game!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 10:14:08 pm »
We're studying R&J in english, and i dislike it. 1: It gets boring. Dialogue is too drawn out, in my op, in a lot of places. In others, it's one line only. 2: My teacher sucks and doesn't know what she's talking about.
i take it that a lot of you have studied r&j, so what do you think about it? If you like it, then..how the hell do you decipher shakespear!?

Shakespear hurts my brain. Whenever I read it, I can't get the dialect out of my head, and so my thoughts are as indecipherable as the plays. But, it is kind of fun as I get jokes in the play and other stuff that other students don't because they are stupid.
I read Shakespeare quite well...my only problem is, after enough of this, I start speaking like a Shakespearian. My favourite Shakespeare play is Macbeth.

Hah. It was funny. The guy said something about taking the maids' maidenheads, and I was the only one who got the reference. And they mentioned it again, and they're like, "Oh, she got married young." I'm like, "not just got married.."

But you're not supposed to say Macbeth for some reason. Or was that in acting?
no, its just that your not ment to say macbeth three times...
I havn't read shakespeare for quite some time...
Plays are definately not my favorite form of literature. Nor comic books. I read normal books.
Hooray for SF!
how many posts will it take for the game to end?
Probably about 10 pages. I never said it would finish.
hmm ok, i stoped it moving cuz otherwise it would never stop

A revival of the quote pyramids? Lame!

I enjoy a good cheescake. Especially with strawberries!
YAY CHEESECAKE!! YAY STRAWBERRIES!!! YAY POTATO!!!!
That's just spam.

MomomomomomomoMAMAMAMAMAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAMAMAAAAAAAAAAKONKMomnonnonnnoMMAMAMAMAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (Thats how my friends Cresent Compact (a moped) sounds).
i thought you could say whatever you like....  :'(

As long as it's not blatant span and makes sense..sure.

How many quotes are in the pyramid now?
18 i belive

wow! quote bunnies galore!
It looks like it started out OK, with an actual discussion taking place, we need to revive that somehow...

I shall revive it with a quote!

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Never heard that. But it seems to be false in the case of achilles...I once tried reading that big bio of bonaparte...that didn't work out well.

Nothing ever works out well, especially where Koopas are involved.
This died fast. How bout gaming discussion?

N64 classics!
Ocarina of time. Mario cart 64. Super Mario 64. And banjo kazooie, of course.

And rogue squadron...

So many...but they were really good.

I don't have any classic games, I was born in 1994 so I kind of missed the birth of video gaming. I guase that sucks, but this generation is awesome.
Yea, I've never played any of the "classics". As a matter of fact, (actually, it has almost nothing to do with it, but whatever) I'm going to play the wii for the first time this friday...

I have the wii, it's pretty fun, but I want a PS3. At first the PS3 look lke it sucked, but then they added a bunch of cool stuff after christmas, which was really stupid.

I want to do that wii store thing were you can buy some classics, but I don't have a credit card.
So just to be sure this is just a trying to break the forum with a massive amount of quotes thing right?

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 10:27:40 pm »
We're studying R&J in english, and i dislike it. 1: It gets boring. Dialogue is too drawn out, in my op, in a lot of places. In others, it's one line only. 2: My teacher sucks and doesn't know what she's talking about.
i take it that a lot of you have studied r&j, so what do you think about it? If you like it, then..how the hell do you decipher shakespear!?

Shakespear hurts my brain. Whenever I read it, I can't get the dialect out of my head, and so my thoughts are as indecipherable as the plays. But, it is kind of fun as I get jokes in the play and other stuff that other students don't because they are stupid.
I read Shakespeare quite well...my only problem is, after enough of this, I start speaking like a Shakespearian. My favourite Shakespeare play is Macbeth.

Hah. It was funny. The guy said something about taking the maids' maidenheads, and I was the only one who got the reference. And they mentioned it again, and they're like, "Oh, she got married young." I'm like, "not just got married.."

Plays are definately not my favorite form of literature. Nor comic books. I read normal books.
Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

MomomomomomomoMAMAMAMAMAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAMAMAAAAAAAAAAKONKMomnonnonnnoMMAMAMAMAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (Thats how my friends Cresent Compact (a moped) sounds).

18 i belive

It looks like it started out OK, with an actual discussion taking place, we need to revive that somehow...

Never heard that. But it seems to be false in the case of achilles...I once tried reading that big bio of bonaparte...that didn't work out well.

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

I don't have any classic games, I was born in 1994 so I kind of missed the birth of video gaming. I guase that sucks, but this generation is awesome.
Yea, I've never played any of the "classics". As a matter of fact, (actually, it has almost nothing to do with it, but whatever) I'm going to play the wii for the first time this friday...

I have the wii, it's pretty fun, but I want a PS3. At first the PS3 look lke it sucked, but then they added a bunch of cool stuff after christmas, which was really stupid.

I want to do that wii store thing were you can buy some classics, but I don't have a credit card.
So just to be sure this is just a trying to break the forum with a massive amount of quotes thing right?

Yeah, it's pretty much like that I just swallod plastic topic, but it's still fun. Plus we are trying to get on a topic, if you read it you'll see that we are actually having a discussion

Any way,  I wonder what games will be copnsidered "classic" 10-20 years from now.
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 10:30:07 pm »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

Yeah, it's pretty much like that I just swallod plastic topic, but it's still fun. Plus we are trying to get on a topic, if you read it you'll see that we are actually having a discussion

Any way,  I wonder what games will be copnsidered "classic" 10-20 years from now.
One would assume all the games that are already considared classic plus a few extras.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 06:34:24 pm »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

One would assume all the games that are already considared classic plus a few extras.
HL2....Spore....Pong...

Offline beastt

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I be back, With cats!
    • View Profile
    • Teh Janth
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 08:58:26 am »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

and http://www.harveycartel.org/metanet/downloads.html
It's caturday, Post some cats!

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 11:18:43 am »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

What do you do in that game? The site hardly has any information.

-Lego
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 07:41:32 pm »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

-Lego
It's a platformer. Jump around with a little stick figure guy...ninja, apparently, collecting gold and opening the door to the next level. Just google n game.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 09:37:11 pm »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

-Lego
It's a platformer. Jump around with a little stick figure guy...ninja, apparently, collecting gold and opening the door to the next level. Just google n game.

The game is called n game?

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 05:17:44 am »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

-Lego

No, it's just called "N". It's quite good.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2007, 05:20:52 am »
is that so?
@davidramnero

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2007, 05:53:32 am »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

-Lego

Wikipedia link!

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2007, 11:03:39 am »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

-Lego

Wikipedia link!
man! Its getting big!
@davidramnero

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2007, 02:37:27 pm »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

-Lego

Wikipedia link!
man! Its getting big!
Is there a way to play N with out downloading it?

Offline beastt

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I be back, With cats!
    • View Profile
    • Teh Janth
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2007, 03:38:01 pm »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

-Lego

Wikipedia link!
man! Its getting big!
not anymore, no =[
It's caturday, Post some cats!

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 03:23:48 pm »

Hooray for SF!

That's just spam.

18 i belive

N64 classics!

And rogue squadron...

HL2....Spore....Pong...

-Lego

Wikipedia link!
man! Its getting big!
not anymore, no =[
N is fun!