Author Topic: The quote game!  (Read 27665 times)

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
The quote game!
« on: February 06, 2007, 05:08:26 pm »
The rules are easy.

1: In each post you have to quote the person above you.
2: The game ends once the "quote pyramid" sides touch. Then we start another one!
3: The discussion has to make some sense.

i will start the discussion..and it will start with..Romeo and Juliet! (topic can change..like normal conversations)

We're studying R&J in english, and i dislike it. 1: It gets boring. Dialogue is too drawn out, in my op, in a lot of places. In others, it's one line only. 2: My teacher sucks and doesn't know what she's talking about.
i take it that a lot of you have studied r&j, so what do you think about it? If you like it, then..how the hell do you decipher shakespear!?

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
Re: The quote game!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 05:15:06 pm »
We're studying R&J in english, and i dislike it. 1: It gets boring. Dialogue is too drawn out, in my op, in a lot of places. In others, it's one line only. 2: My teacher sucks and doesn't know what she's talking about.
i take it that a lot of you have studied r&j, so what do you think about it? If you like it, then..how the hell do you decipher shakespear!?

Shakespear hurts my brain. Whenever I read it, I can't get the dialect out of my head, and so my thoughts are as indecipherable as the plays. But, it is kind of fun as I get jokes in the play and other stuff that other students don't because they are stupid.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 11:56:02 am »

Shakespear hurts my brain. Whenever I read it, I can't get the dialect out of my head, and so my thoughts are as indecipherable as the plays. But, it is kind of fun as I get jokes in the play and other stuff that other students don't because they are stupid.
I read Shakespeare quite well...my only problem is, after enough of this, I start speaking like a Shakespearian. My favourite Shakespeare play is Macbeth.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:16:52 pm »

I read Shakespeare quite well...my only problem is, after enough of this, I start speaking like a Shakespearian. My favourite Shakespeare play is Macbeth.

But you're not supposed to say Macbeth for some reason. Or was that in acting?

Offline beastt

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I be back, With cats!
    • View Profile
    • Teh Janth
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 01:44:11 pm »

no, its just that your not ment to say macbeth three times...
It's caturday, Post some cats!

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 05:20:59 pm »

Hah. It was funny. The guy said something about taking the maids' maidenheads, and I was the only one who got the reference. And they mentioned it again, and they're like, "Oh, she got married young." I'm like, "not just got married.."

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 03:47:09 pm »

Hah. It was funny. The guy said something about taking the maids' maidenheads, and I was the only one who got the reference. And they mentioned it again, and they're like, "Oh, she got married young." I'm like, "not just got married.."

I havn't read shakespeare for quite some time...
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 08:39:54 pm »

Plays are definately not my favorite form of literature. Nor comic books. I read normal books.
Hooray for SF!

Offline beastt

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I be back, With cats!
    • View Profile
    • Teh Janth
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 08:06:55 am »

Plays are definately not my favorite form of literature. Nor comic books. I read normal books.
Hooray for SF!
how many posts will it take for the game to end?

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 09:17:05 am »

Hooray for SF!
Probably about 10 pages. I never said it would finish.

Offline beastt

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I be back, With cats!
    • View Profile
    • Teh Janth
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 12:07:43 pm »

Hooray for SF!
hmm ok, i stoped it moving cuz otherwise it would never stop

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 02:19:07 pm »

Hooray for SF!

A revival of the quote pyramids? Lame!
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 02:35:08 pm »

Hooray for SF!

I enjoy a good cheescake. Especially with strawberries!
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline beastt

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I be back, With cats!
    • View Profile
    • Teh Janth
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 07:06:34 am »

Hooray for SF!

YAY CHEESECAKE!! YAY STRAWBERRIES!!! YAY POTATO!!!!

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 12:37:49 pm »

Hooray for SF!

YAY CHEESECAKE!! YAY STRAWBERRIES!!! YAY POTATO!!!!
That's just spam.