Author Topic: The Historical Superpower RP.  (Read 43696 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: The Historical Superpower RP.
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 12:33:32 pm »
"I have no such demands. The Karma gained from completing this mission will be ample reward...although money in such vast sums is, as always, very welcome. I shall accompany you across the Channel." Johann bowed, and looked expectantly around the room, awaiting the next reply..
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 01:34:08 pm »
"Of course I will come! This sounds like it will very much improve my uneventful life. My only interest is this; how did you find me? As far as I know there are no records of me existing in the country!"
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 02:47:19 pm »
"I'm afraid my sources in this matter must remain a secret" replied the Rapier to Zero.
"This is excellent news. I was to charter a ship to transport us to France, but my sources tell me that Captain Harry's vessel is moored in the docks here. We will depart at 6 of the clock tomorrow morning. Once in France we will need to cross the alps to reach Switzerland. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that this is no easy feat in February, but I am certain our combined talents will be more than a match for some light snowfall. In the meantime, let us drink a toast to this new partnership."

The assembled guests raised their glasses and drank their wine.
"And now Gentlemen. I suggest we join the party"
The sounds of laughter and music echoed from the ballroom upstairs.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 02:56:12 pm »
Edward drains his glass and sets it down as he stands up.

"If you don't mind, I will pass on joining the party. I feel my time would be better spent preparing for the trip, besides, I don't have my mask with me. Now if you will excuse me." Edward finishes with a slight bow before heading towards to the door.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:56:17 pm by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 05:16:14 pm »
Norman Pushed back his chair and stood.  "Yes, lets see if these so called aristocrats still consider me mad, or if I've crossed the threshold into eccentric old man."  He stepped out the door and paused for a moment.  There seemed to be something of a commotion at one end of the room, and he was sensing magic circulating between a man and the air around him.  Norman didn't know exactly what kind it was yet, but he had a suspicion.  He tapped Gif on the shoulder and pointed across the room with his cane.  "Is there anything unusual going on over there?  I sense something not quite normal."
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 05:44:11 pm »
The Rapier disappeared through a backdoor and took off his black mask. Percy Goodwine picked up his masquerade mask (in the design of a rooster) and stepped out into the hubbub. Seeing a crowd around one end of the room he pushed his way to the fron of the crowd and watched. Apparently Pleasant had hired a Magician to entertain those guests which didnt find dancing was quite their scene. His tricks were very good.
Tilting his head to one side, Percy pondered how to explain what the man was doing. They really were impressive magic tricks.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 06:14:13 pm »
   The Masked Magician was at the height of the show.
   'The usual tricks would not do this time. I must not blatantly give away my powers, that would ruin the mysterious nature of the performance. One performance that seemed to hit well with the audience was when I draped myself with a sheet and emerged looking as my 'assistant' Laurisa dressed in a dazzling red dress.

The flashing light show, claimed to be 'will 'o the wisps' was always fun to do. I would let them hover just out of the reach of the entranced audience. I wish I could exhibit the full extent of my powers, with dazzling light shows, but aside from showers of sparks from my fingers, that would give away too much.'

During any performance, Gregory felt like he did no other time. A great sense of pride, for himself and his family, would take control of him, and thrust him into a more charismatic mood than his usual cynical silence.

After an hour or so of dissappearances, reappearances, and assorted trickery, he finalised the show with a great cloud of smoke filled with tiny lightning bolts (with appropiate sound played by his real assistant backstage), vanished, and walked off the stage towards his room among clapping and loud cheering.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2007, 06:45:10 pm »
Norman tapped Gif on the shoulder and pointed across the room with his cane.  "Is there anything unusual going on over there?  I sense something not quite normal."

Gif, who was reading a passage from his book while waiting for Norman, got up and peered across the dark hall, spotting a person who appeared to be quite normal, but at first nothing seemed particulately odd.

"It looks like just some person is..." Gif hesitated, thinking he had felt something, but concluding it was nothing, "Er... just standing there. Why? Do you sense something odd?" Gif asked, perplexed.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2007, 06:54:36 pm »
"Nothing?  No signs of magic?"  He started moving across the room, convinced there was something going on.  "There's something going on, unless my mind has picked this moment to go senile, and if it has it's going about it in quite an odd way.  Come along, you might learn something about looking past appearances."
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 07:25:32 pm »
Bernardo finished up with his rune and placed it into Lazarus. He stood back and held out his right hand, a intricate pattern was cut across it's surface. A large ball of flame appeared before him and flew towards Lazarus. It hit him and his torso was ripped open. Almost instantly the metal casing began to creak and bend itself back into shape, sparks flying everywhere as everything was welded back together. After a few seconds Lazarus was as good as new.

"Perfect!" Was the only thing that Bernardo could say.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Bernardo said.

A woman wearing an ornate gold headdress walked in and keeled; it was Schala, the Grandmaster's Right Hand.

"Schala my dear, what can I do for you?" Bernardo asked.

"My Lord, I came here to ask if you were going to be making an appearance at Horatio Pleasant's Masquerade Ball..." She said.

"Ah... I would love to, but I am nearly done with Lazarus and I think that I could finish him tonight..." Bernardo said.

"Oh, okay. I understand. I wish you the best of luck with your little toy then." Schala said, frowning a bit. She turned to exit.

"Um... wait. Yes okay. I guess I could make a quick appearance..." Bernardo said to Schala's back.

She wheeled around and hugged Bernardo.

"Brilliant! I've got your outfit all ready. Quickly now we haven't much time. The Ball is almost half finished by now!" She said, pushing Bernardo out of the room.

Ten minutes later the two were standing in the large gathering hall, it had since been cleaned up and was empty save for the guards. Bernardo wore a flowing white cape and a red Order dress outfit. To a normal person it would seem like a costume but anyone important would know what it meant and would know to keep their tongue in check. Schala wore a flowing blue gown with ornate gold designs on it. She reached up and pulled down a mask that was part of her headdress, it was normally only used when she entered into battle. Bernardo donned a mask with the face of a court jester on it.

Schala raised her arms above her head and the two faded out of the room. They reappeared behind a tree on the Pleasant estate and the two made their way to the door. Two guards stopped them at the entrance.

"Terribly sorry, no late admittance." One said.

Bernardo smiled raised one of his hands. He pulled off the red dress glove and showed the guard the back of his hand, there was an image of a wheel burnt into his skin. The guard nodded and opened the door.

The two entered the room, gathering looks and generating whispers from many of the Masqueraders. Bernardo found the Admiral and grabbed him by the shoulder.

"Admiral! My old friend how are you?" Bernardo asked jovially.

The Admiral turned and his face lit up.

"Bernardo! I did not think I would see you here! You must have traveled all week!" Admiral Pleasant said.

"Well, let's just say I have the magic touch." Bernardo said, looking at Schala.

"Ah yes, I understand where you're coming from." The Admiral said with a smile "Well if it isn't Schala, radiant as always I see!"

Admiral Pleasant kissed her hand. She smiled and turned to Bernardo.

"Bernardo! Let's dance!" She said happily.

"Why of cour-" Bernardo said, getting cut off as Schala dragged him away from a laughing Admiral Pleasant.

A new song began and they began to dance elegantly.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 05:48:59 am »
"... so i said, listen here you bally commoner! If i want to use your child for target practise, then theres nothing a low-born oaf like you can do about it AhaahahahahaHAHa<snort>"
Percy listened wearily to the degenerate parasite he had been unable to shake off and scanned the room. As the music drew to the close for that dance he spotted a woman in an intricate blue dress. He walked over and nodded.
"I don't believe Ive had the pleasure of your aquaintance, dear lady." he said, kissing her hand "Perhaps you would allow me the next dance?"

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 11:45:27 am »
Johann walked around the hall, a little aimlessley. His life in The Far East has not prepared him for extravagant balls and parties; his life had been sea salt and mountains, Serenity in the Temples and on the High Sea. He found himself drinking what he knew was overmuch. He started to engage in conversation with several partygoers who were not in large groups. They spoke of Art...Johann knew nothing of European art. They spoke of Politics, but the views of these Aristocrats, paticularaly thier attitude towards the plebs, made them far from seeing eye-to-eye with a certain Black Harry. Of course, The Aristocrats shared his appetite for adventure, although thiers was more concerned with stories and tales, rather than actual adventuring. He quickly fopund himself recounting, to an ever-growing band of listeners, his adventures and escapades in East Asia. A lot of the younger members of his audience had keen and open minds, and were more than willing to accept Johann's Eastern Ideas...
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 12:30:23 pm »
Schala looked at the man and turned to Bernardo. He patter her hand and smiled.

"Have a good time." Bernardo said.

"Make sure you bring her back to me." He added, tapping his jester mask.

Bernardo watched as Schala began dancing with the man. He did not mind her dancing with other people seeing as she was more than capable should a situation arise. Besides, they had already pledged their undying souls to each other in a private Brotherhood ceremony. To break the vow would mean death for them both. There was a bar off to the right and Bernardo walked over.

"Good evening." Bernardo said "What can you tell me about this crowd, anything I should know?"

"Sorry sir, anything I know I can't say," The bartender responded.

Bernardo smiled and faced the man, he began to work his magic.

"I think you want to tell me what you know..." Bernardo said.

"Y-you know? I think you're right! I can trust you." The bartender said.

He proceeded to tell Bernardo everything he knew about the people at the ball. There was nothing of substance but Bernardo liked to keep himself sharp.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007, 06:40:34 pm »
Percy and Schala whirled through the crowds.
"Your father seems like a well-appointed man" he said, leaning in to be heard over the noise of the crowds and the music "but I don't recognise his voice. Do you usually attend these Pleasant balls?"

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007, 07:23:23 pm »
"My father? I think you are mistaken. He is my husband! What, did you think you were going to make a pass at me? Hah, I am more than someone like you could handle." She said, laughing.

"But to answer your question, yes we attend when we can. The two of us and another friend go back a long way with the Admiral. There were many great adventures... ah but that's all I'll be telling you." Schala said.

The song ended and she tapped the man on the nose, then ran off to the bar to be with Bernardo.