Author Topic: The Historical Superpower RP.  (Read 43720 times)

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: The Historical Superpower RP.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 06:59:16 pm »
"Then we're off to London."  He paused.  "Erm, the place I'm going is exclusive to those invited, so you'll have to play the part of my servant, nothing to arduous, just act like your helping an old blind man.  And when I say play a part, I mean it, you're not to try to do things for me unless I ask for it specifically.  I'm blind, not stupid."  He turned the horse back to the road and set it at a walk.  "If that's all, come along."  They were on their way.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 07:07:54 pm »
   Gregory sat in a back room, listening to the cheering and merry making going on down the hall. This show, though really no different than any of the others his troop had done, was a bit more important. A lot of money was riding on whether or not the wealthy owners of the mansion were pleased with their performance.

An assistant walked in. "Hey, Greg, I heard everyone's getting all worked up. 'The Masked Magician will be showing sometime tonight' they say. I'm not sure if I should proud or scared."

"I'll be alright." The famous Maked Magician responded. "It's just like any other night."

"Well...", He left quietly.

Gregory Yalkmtov took his mask, metal, old, tall and angular, out of a locked drawer. He stared at it for a minute, then left for his dressing room.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:18:09 pm »
The last of the guests enter into the Pleasant Mansion. Behind them, the two doormen dressed entirely in black, except for their masks which are milk-white, follow in from behind and close the doors. As the doors close, the sound from inside becomes muffled and the streets becomes nearly silent. Edward takes his cue and makes his way to the basement entrance. He knocks on the door and pulls out the letter, ready to be presented.
Virus Buster.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 03:23:36 am »
A wizened old Butler slowly pulled the door open. Seeing Edward's letter he wordlessly beckoned him to follow, and lead him into the cellar where the Rapier and Zero were seated.
"Mr DeCaithe. Do take a seat." said the Rapier. We are still two short, however.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 06:44:11 am »
Zero eyed the small amount of refreshments on the table, he was so hungry, he hadn't eaten in at least five years.

"May I ask why I was invited here?"
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 07:35:28 am »
"You will get your answers when the last two guests arive. Rest assured, I had a very good reason for inviting you here. Else I would not have gone to such a great deal of effort to track you down."

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 11:22:26 am »
Johann, weary and fatigued from days of harsh travel, looked at The Townhouse. On his face, his own Masquade mask- it was a large silver and black Moth, made from stained glass. It, due to a lever mechanism, was even able to flap. He had inherited it- his Grandfather had been a large fan of such extravagances. He walked through the busy hall, ignoring the buzz of conversatio and the occasional loud, high-pitched fake laughter of a clearly drunk woman trying her best to charm The Marquis of Genoa. He knocked on the door of the cellar, pulling a rather travel-worn letter from his pocket. He knocked again. With a slight look of irritation, he opened the door.
"It's Black Harry. Considering you put so much effort into finding me, I would like the slight courtesy of you opening the door."
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 03:44:06 pm »
The Rapier strode over to the door and swung it open.
"Black Harry I presume?" He said "Take a seat, we are only one guest short, and then we may begin"

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 05:21:21 pm »
Gif and Norman finally arrived at the Townhouse. They hurried along, knowing they were late, and reached the door to the cellar. Norman knocked on the door, and showed the doorman the letter.

"I thought the letter said to come alone! Who is that with you?" questioned the doorman.

"This is merely my servant. Surely you won't deny a blind man his guide? Plus, I am sure he will be of other assistance." Norman replied

"Oh, very well then." The dorman gestured for the two to enter.

"Come along, whipper-snapper."

"Yes sir," Gif muttered, as they entered the dark cellar and took seats with the other guests.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 06:00:50 pm »
"Ah, our last guest has arrived" Said the Black Rapier, standing up and pulling out a seat for Norman. "Father Marstems, I'm afraid your servant will have to wait outside. You may tell him what he needs to know once we have concluded our meeting."
The Rapier watched as Gif left to wait outside the inside door to the cellar.
"Gentlemen!" He said "I have brought you here because I have been presented with an unusual challenge. One which will take men of... unusual skill to overcome.
The Rapier paces the room. Explaining at length the details of the letter he had recieved, and his researches into the suspected kidnappers.
"...and that is why I have asked you here tonight. You are under no obligation to help, but if you do, your rewards will be great. Both those of the purse and of the heart. Who among you will cross the channel with me tomorrow? Who among you will aid a Lady in distress?"
The question hung in the air... there was a silence, as every man pondered his position, wondering who would be the first to speak...

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 06:16:49 pm »
Edward sits back and thinks over the offer. After a couple minutes he leans forward.

"Sounds intriguing, and dangerous. I will participate, but just how large of a reward are we speaking?"
Virus Buster.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 06:22:07 pm »
"I am prepared to pay each of you the sum of one thousand pounds stirling... on the condition you ask no questions concerning its origin. I think you'll agree that is enough for a man to live out his life in comfort and security" The Rapier answered.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 07:04:47 pm »
"Although damsels in distress aren't my usual field of work, I could use the excitement and you could use the help.  You can count on my assistance."  He raised a finger.  "I will, however require two things.  First, my share of the reward is to be transfered directly to my grandsons bank account, I'll give you the information later.  Second is that my horse must cross the channel with me, as it's the only one I can safely ride.  Are we in agreement?"
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007, 07:11:23 pm »
"Of course. The money will be deposited as per your wishes and your steed will be given berth on the ship along with my own." The Rapier told the old man, smiling.
"You see gentlemen, this is no futile endeavor. Three united can always achieve more than one alone, think of the difference five could make."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 07:31:26 pm »
"Now, recite your name." The tall man said.

"/My name is Lazarus/" Came the tinny voice.

"Who is your one true master and which organization do you serve?" Asked the tall man.

"/My master is Grandmaster Bernardo Likely and I serve The Esoteric Brotherhood of the Celestial Wheel/" The tinny voice said again.

"Very good... and who am I?" The tall man asked.

"/You are my master, Bernardo Likely, Grandmaster of The Esoteric Brotherhood of the Celestial Wheel/" The tinny voice replied.

"Very good. Now, before I power you down to resume construction I would like you to take on a more suitable voice." Bernardo said.

"Is this acceptable Master?" Lazarus asked in a German accent.

"Yes that is much better. Now, time for sleep. Your time is not yet here... soon though, you will walk among men." Bernardo said, removing the crystal from the dark outline of Lazarus.

Bernardo walked over to the table and sat down on a wooden stool. He pulled a metal plate forward and spread a strange liquid over it's surface. The metal rippled for a moment and then sat still. Bernardo, with a strange brush in hand, began writing a very complex repair rune on the amorphous surface of the metal. When completed Lazarus would be impervious to any sort of attack.