Author Topic: The new Justice league series  (Read 2792 times)

Indum

The new Justice league series
« on: June 30, 2005, 03:28:30 am »
Has anyone else seen it? I think the name Justice League Unlimited is a bit over the top but still as goos as the other animated DC adaptions. Hopefully whoever makes them will so a green lantern only one.

Offline nikolai

• Breakout Battler
  • "Please don't chop me up"
    • View Profile
Re: The new Justice league series
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 08:24:45 am »
I thought the first two seasons were better. they have way too many superheroes in the new season (Unlimited).

you dont get much insight into each character anymore. most of the time they show up for an episode and then dont come back again.

always full of some action tho. and the overall storyline is getting pretty good

Offline Ryuukuro

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 08:00:54 pm »
With a few exceptions they did not need the other superheroes and overall they didn't use them effectively.  Superman could have been relegated to the background for all I care since he is, as usual, a non-character in this show.  And I didn't like how they shortened things to 30 minutes but overall it's still a good show.  But I hope that they'll use the other DC characters better in the future.

What would really be nice would be an Adult Swim version.  Not something with heavy violence and swearing and such but something more geared towards the growingly adult nature of the DC universe.  If you're reading any of the current DC books then you know what I mean.  I've actually stopped paying attention to Marvel now because DC is getting so exciting now.

--Ryuu thinks Supes sucks.  But the Batman/Wonder Woman love fest is tops with him.
"It's just a game!  Stop complaining!"  - Me

"Earth is the Kingdom of Who-Gives-a-****" - Will Wright

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 09:40:21 pm »
Someone who is genrally new to the super hero comic book universe (havent really read much comic really so mainly just movie and tv series incarnations) I kind of dissapointed by Unlimited as it was bassiacally just a season long look at the Batman/wonderwoman & GL Hawkgirl thingy during the normal JL i came to really like the flash he got one scene in JLU and that was when he was desimated with about 10 other heros by the Gold android what ever it is called.

In short too much batman (he already got a movie and a new series how much does he need as cool as he is) and too many heros.

Offline Pir0

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Dolphin Rave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 02:47:48 am »
Man I'd only watch it if it had the Green Arrow, I love that guy.

I do prefer marvel more though, I missed the spiderman series (the semi-new one not the one where he goes to the future >> <<), wonder what happened to it?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 03:51:43 pm »
I'm pretty sure Green Arrow is in a fair few of the JLU episodes.

Offline Pir0

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Dolphin Rave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 01:52:25 am »
Really? I've only watched one episode of it and don't really think the voice actor suited him. He was bad ass though.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 05:45:11 am »
I'm guessing if you want to know more about the heros on the new justice league, you'll be able to find an expanded biography on the side of their action figure box. I'm not a fan of this kind of show, the kid is however, but even she was looking it going, "I want to buy a **** and a **** doll... er action figure!

-Lego