Poll

What era would you like the story to be set in?

The Roman Empire
Weird West
The Rennaissance
The Enlightenment (again)
Roaring 20s
Post-War

Author Topic: The Historical Superpower OOC  (Read 121125 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Historical Superpower Planning Thread (Ae spinoffe)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 12:50:44 pm »
Name: Bernardo Likely

Bio: Bernardo Likely has a most mysterious past. The son of a peasant farmer, he was discovered by complete accident by a member of The Esoteric Brotherhood of the Celestial Wheel. He was taken away in the middle of the night at the age of five and consecrated as a member soon after. Over the course of many years Bernardo was forced to work in the Brotherhood's research facilities designing intricate mechanisms for various projects, as per his skills. Upon reaching the age of thirty Bernardo was removed from his service as a researcher and made an agent of the Brotherhood. During his time as an agent he saw that the will of the Brotherhood was executed without question and stood behind various uprisings and revolutions. Citing his acute skills, not only as a designer, but as a Rune Caster, Bernardo was placed at the Right Hand of the Brotherhood's leader; he was forty one at the time.

For a time things were good and the Brotherhood retained it's secrecy in world affairs. However after a failed coup by the Brotherhood's Left Hand, which left their leader dead, things became uncertain. The control that the Brotherhood once held began slip away. Brothers and Sisters began to take sides and a war was waged in secret. Bernardo, the Right Hand, took up arms against Ridley, the Left Hand. In the end it was Bernardo who was the victor, but the toll the war had taken on the Brotherhood was great. He would spend the next decade rebuilding the tattered organization and in that time others would seek to wipe out the Brotherhood completely.

Powers:

Evaluate
This power is the product of Bernardo's years spent working with machines and the like. He has the uncanny ability to diagnose a situation and figure out what has to be done to get out of said situation.

Voice of our Brothers
This power is what helped make Bernardo so successful in the Brotherhood. With it, he can convince most simple people to do his bidding without question. Very helpful in starting up a rebellion.

Rune Casting
Bernardo's Ace in the Hole is that he can create runes for personal use. While he generally relies on his Left and Right Hands for protection, Bernardo can write up simple attack runes if need be. His specialty is in the algorithmic runes used in the operation of automatons.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 01:05:18 pm »
Oh, and if anyone is curious about the Yasipolitz blood-line as of this time period, they're rich merchants with no reasons to change any time soon. Not much fun to play.
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 01:11:06 pm »
I figure I should add this for the sake of this RP as well as the other.

Richard does not know about his ancestor Bernardo. He lived in secret and died in secret and that's the way things are. The only thing that remains of Bernardo is Richard's middle name, Bernard. :P

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 01:37:39 pm »
I think it should be reasonably obvious that Jennifer Godwin is a direct male-line decendant of Percival Goodwine. However, her abrasive personality traits were evidently inherited from her mother's side.

Anyhoo. I'll make the main story thread and get the ball rolling. I have a perfect plot device for getting everyone on the same page, but if anyone wants to join afterwards you'll have to work yourself in somehow.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 01:40:38 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 01:56:36 pm »
Neo are you joining this game or will you sit it out and stick with the other?

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 02:17:21 pm »
Name:  Norman Marstems, "Norman the Blind"

Age:  Pick a number at random between 60 and 100, he's a little older than that.

Bio:  Norman Marstems has led a long and interesting life, of which little is known.  If you were to ask him about it, he would likely say "You wouldn't believe half of of it, and the other half wasn't nearly as interesting."  What little is known is that Norman was born completely blind, but all his other senses sharpened.  At a young age it was apparent that he actually had five senses, the fifth being a highly developed sense that most call the sixth.  This final sense actually gave him an advantage over normal people, and quickly attracted the attention of a secret order of balance mages trying to stay ahead in a world that was quickly leaving magic behind.  They taught him the full use of his ability and skills in the magical arts.  It is at this point that his life enters the realm of mystery and speculation, presumably due to involvement with the secret order.

Powers:

Heightened senses:  Some peoples senses degrade as they age, Normans were considerable to begin with, and have only grown sharper.  He'll hear, smell, and feel things that others can't.

Fifth (sixth) sense:  This extra sense gives Norman the ability to detect flows of energy.  Whether this energy is magical, psychic, or natural he knows where it is and where it's going.

Kinetic magic:  Norman specializes in a field of magic that works with the exchange of kinetic energy.  This particular field uses the world around it for energy to the extent that the user is very dependent on his surroundings.  For instance, if two people were to shoot each other at the same instant, a kinetic mage could use the bullets respective energy's to cancel each other out, stopping them.  A kinetic mage can use magic without exchanging energy's, but it involves using their mind as the fulcrum on a lever and can lead to brain damage if to much force is exerted.

I believe that answers your question.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 02:36:02 pm »
Wonderful!

I just didn't think it would be right to start this off without knowing if you were playing. :D

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 02:36:35 pm »
I'll add you into the "easy access" plot device.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 02:37:58 pm »
So are you starting it now?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 02:38:26 pm »
Dunno...

Also I think Hydro and Sgore may be on the list of possible players.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 03:26:29 pm »
Yeah, its started.

Post at will.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
Bam!

Done.

I hope that's to par with what you were expecting. :)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 03:30:04 pm »
Excellent.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Historical Superpower OOC
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 04:39:11 pm »
Questions,

1. Is it too late to join?

2. Approximatively what year does this take place?
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Historical Superpower OOC
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 04:43:29 pm »
No no! This is the prime time to join!

The time period is the Enlightenment and according to Wikipedia that was around the seventeenth and eighteenth century.

**EDIT**

The window of opportunity for joining should be open for at least five or six days. After that prepare to have to read a few pages to be caught up.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:45:52 pm by PatMan33 »