Author Topic: MASS EFFECT ~Bioware's Gift to Us~  (Read 38577 times)

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
Re: MASS EFFECT ~Bioware's Gift to Us~
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 09:01:30 pm »
Also the ending wasn't so much Obsidians faults as much as it was the jerks at lucas Arts pushing them to release for the holidays even though it wasn't finished.

Yeah, I dig George Lucas for creating the Star Wars universe and all, but everything else he touches turns to ash. He and his company meddle way to much in the creative process. I think we should all pool together our resources and buy the Star Wars liscense from him, so we can make decent dialog and story endings in all future games and movies.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 04:37:06 am »
Neverwinter Nights touted it's "important decisions" and "world-affecting changes", an touted an incredible total of.... one ending.
All it had going for it was it was customisable to all hell. 

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 10:36:39 am »
I don't think we'll see Fable this year...

What? Are you claiming that Molyneux, ever the timely gentleman, would dare to release a game later than anticipated?
Surely you jest.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 02:43:23 pm »

What? Are you claiming that Molyneux, ever the timely gentleman, would dare to release a game later than anticipated?
Surely you jest.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fable delayed another year or two, so that it might be half as sweet as they say it's going to be when they do release it.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 01:09:25 pm »

Surely you jest.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fable delayed another year or two, so that it might be half as sweet as they say it's going to be when they do release it.

Unless a miracle happens, Molyneux will never release a game as big as his talk. It has never happened. Expect Fable 2 to be missing things even if it does take another year or two, which it won't.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 10:53:52 am »
Unless a miracle happens, Molyneux will never release a game as big as his talk. It has never happened.

Did you know that Molyneux's career did not start start in 2000? And the reason people took people Black and White so seriously was because if his work in Bullfrog? ::) Kids.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 11:26:23 am »
Unless a miracle happens, Molyneux will never release a game as big as his talk. It has never happened.

Did you know that Molyneux's career did not start start in 2000? And the reason people took people Black and White so seriously was because if his work in Bullfrog? ::) Kids.

You do know that PHI is over 12 years older then you, right?

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 02:58:21 am »
EDIT:  KoTOR spoilers below.  I won't bother hiding them, it seems everyone here has already finished both of them, but if you haven't, don't read my post.

The ending to KoTOR 2 wasn't bad.  Definetely better than the first game - which simply had a clone of A New Hope's ending, like every other Star Wars game.  "Yay, you won, here's a medal".

The second game, if you actually bothered to talk to Kriea, she would tell you all about everything, all about what happens to your party members in the future, the worlds you've visited, everything.  There's even a brief reference to the downfall of the force caused by a "shell of a man".  Then your character left to find Revan.

I don't see what the big fuss is about the second games ending, and I certainly don't see how it's worse than the firsts.
It's like the people who bash Halo 2 for its ending, but continue to say how great Gears of War was.  (I won't get into that, but Gears of Wars was far worse).

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 07:18:35 am »

You do know that PHI is over 12 years older then you, right?

Doesn't matter. Most people just feel that it's "cool" to hate on Moleneux

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 07:28:17 am »
Keep in mind that ending was thrown together and thats just the final scene. When people bitch about the ending to K2 they are talking about (yes spoilers coming look away if you dont want to be spoiled the game) The whole Mira Killing Hanharr then Kriea reviving him and using his left debt he owes her as a result to attack Mira again. That was left un resolved. The whole how did the remote overcome G0T0 if LS ending is followed (if you read cut content you know but still) What happened to the rest of your crew how did the ebon hawk get flying again. Basically the whole last level is a shambles.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 09:23:54 am »

Hah-hah! Nice one. I played his Bullfrog stuff. It was good. Pretty much all of it. And you seem to be thinking that what I've said is me showcasing some sort of hatred for the man. It's not. I like him; I think he's a good designer. But since his success with Bullfrog, he's been coming up with concepts and talking big about them too much. And he's failed to live up to what he claimed the game could do, each and every time. I've said before that if Molyneux were ever able to make a game equal to his hype for it, he'd have one of the greatest games of all time on his hands.

Till that happens, I think I'll play the realist and expect more of the same. Thanks.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 04:27:49 pm »
Till that happens, I think I'll play the realist and expect more of the same. Thanks.

The main difference now is that Molyneux has an almost bottomless wallet (generally speaking) to work with on Fable 2 after Microsoft's aquisition of Lionhead. Many of us have always believed that the only barrier that prevented Molyneux's games from being as great as he hoped they would be were that the company had limited finances. Now that he has the richest company in the world backing his project, he'll hopefully be able to deliver on all aspects he hopes to.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2007, 01:06:19 am »
Molyeneux does completely over hype his games, but Black & White and Fable were both good games, just not as good as a lot of people were expecting.  He is doing a better job of keeping quiet about Fable 2 though, and I'll be very pleased with a bigger, longer version of Fable.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 10:58:37 am »

The main difference now is that Molyneux has an almost bottomless wallet (generally speaking) to work with on Fable 2 after Microsoft's aquisition of Lionhead. Many of us have always believed that the only barrier that prevented Molyneux's games from being as great as he hoped they would be were that the company had limited finances. Now that he has the richest company in the world backing his project, he'll hopefully be able to deliver on all aspects he hopes to.

We'll see. I think everyone anticipated that Rare would do well under Microsoft's patronage but it hasn't turned out that way. Hopefully, it works better for Molyneux and his crew.

And everyone: I'm not saying that I hated Fable or any of his more recent titles. I'm just saying that he doesn't follow through on the ideas that he espouses in interviews. It seems like every time he's in an interview, he talks about how his next game is going to change everything or be the greatest thing ever, and that doesn't end up happening due to various reasons. [I don't think budget is the only one, but it's an important one, as Pilot said.]

Believe me, I'm hoping that he can fulfill his aspirations on a game soon. I'd love to see that.

Back on-topic: Bioware's games are awesome. :) Now they follow through.

Offline skateboarding118

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 02:01:17 am »
this game makes me happy I have a 360 and a HDTV. so pretty.

Lucky, I've only got a standard definition screen. I'ts pretty big though.