Author Topic: MASS EFFECT ~Bioware's Gift to Us~  (Read 38582 times)

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Re: MASS EFFECT ~Bioware's Gift to Us~
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2008, 12:20:28 pm »
So, the PC version.

Got it the other day on a whim. Honestly I didn't think I would like it after reading up on the combat. But after playing it for a few hours (what? 4:30 AM already?) I have to say my doubts were unfounded. I really like the balance between FPS and RPG. Also, not dying is kind of difficult, but I think that's because I'm trying to play it like any FPS and kill the enemy quicker than he can kill me.

Runs great on my better computer, but something is kind of odd. Everywhere there is supposed to be a bloom it's all pixely instead. Fiddling with graphics settings changed nothing.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »
Also, not dying is kind of difficult, but I think that's because I'm trying to play it like any FPS and kill the enemy quicker than he can kill me.

Wrex-Assualt/Tali-Shotgun/You-Sniper Combo.  Just sit back and enjoy, use explosive rounds if possible.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 30, 2008, 10:40:56 pm »
The combat is easy to begin with but becomes much more difficult later on with out a pure combat class I find.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2008, 07:12:34 am »
Also, minor spoiler, but also helpful, high intimidation or charm REALLY helps out at the end, because SPOILER you have to fight the last boss twice, however you can use charm to make it only one battle, the only downside is that you can't use those points on anything else.

Also, creepers are, by far, the most annoying enemy in the game, you get no medigel from killing them, and they take a hell lot of shots, and by the way on hard they can kill you in two hits and they also poison. And you have to fight a horde of them in the main campaign. In tight conditions. And they also respawn until you blow up some thing on the wall. Which cause more creepers to spawn if you shoot it.

Yeah.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2008, 04:33:24 pm »
I'm playing through a second time with my BA level 54 soldier. So easy.

Offline cloud_dog_9

• Sea Battler
  • Can life get any better? I submit that it can NOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:39 am »
Mass Effect was the best game that I had played on the 360 since Oblivion.  Granted it was not on the same scale as Oblivion, but the screen cuts to movies were well done.  The ending is IN-FREAKIN-CREDIBLE.  It is probably the best ending to a game (almost movie-like) that I have seen.  Most of the games I have played had sort of anti-climactic endings (this includes Oblivion and Bioshock).  Here is hoping for what I read: A Mass Effect series that lets you play with the character you created from previous games.