Author Topic: Growing Up Zelda  (Read 8764 times)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Growing Up Zelda
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 10:19:08 am »
yes games were harder back in the day prime example play Donkey Kong 64 the hardest part of the game is the Classic Donkey Kong game. Sure you can beat the game in 5 mins but because it short but its hard as heck.

In related news: Metal Gear was harder than Metal Gear Solid.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 10:24:30 am »
I am stuck on Metal Gear.

And I mean Metal Gear, I can't figure out how to get past the gas chamber. I haven't had time to try it again though.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 11:30:05 am »
I am stuck on Metal Gear.

And I mean Metal Gear, I can't figure out how to get past the gas chamber. I haven't had time to try it again though.

IIRC, you send in a remote-control rocket and take out something or other. I don't know. It's been years since I played the original.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 12:34:06 pm »
I will have to look for that when I have time (IE probably in around a week or so).

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Olin

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
    • The Olin Ezra Show
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 05:17:58 am »
Insperation, sminsperation.

OoT other than the 3d graphics really didn't provide much more innovation than LttP. I would love to see some core changes to gameplay, although CDi tried that years ago. You'll get uromisotices if you play it though.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 09:47:38 am »
OoT other than the 3d graphics really didn't provide much more innovation than LttP.
Completely different, 3D GAMEPLAY? First person aiming of weapons? A fully developed sword fighting system? Epona?!

Sure, it had the same staples as the other games - the heart containers, the temples, but that's like saying SM64 didn't really do much that Super Mario World didn't just because both games had goombas and koopa troopers and deadly lava in them. Really, if they had made a more drastic change to Zelda with OoT they couldn't even really call it Zelda any more.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 10:20:33 am »
And didn't OoT popularize the concept of the so-called "Z-Targeting"? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Changes in games are like evolution of creatures, slow and usually few things at a time. Yes, things change, but we still know the game is part of the series. Even if OoT had different characters, it would still feel like a Zelda game. 2D or 3D, the core is still the same. The next thing in Zelda could possibly be similar to the 2D to 3D shift, the series will change (improve) in significant ways, but at it's core it will still be Zelda.
Virus Buster.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007, 11:11:52 am »
Yes Zelda made Z-targeting named after the Z trigger button on the N64 controller.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures